Andy Milonakis Biography
Sun Sign: Aquarius
Also Known As: Andrew Michael Milonakis
Born in: Katonah, New York, United States
Famous as: Comedian, Actor and Rapper
U.S. State: New Yorkers
education: John Jay High School
Andy Milonakis is an American comedian, actor and rapper best known for his MTV show 'The Andy Milonakis Show'. In order to do more "weird stuff" than his MTV show allows, he started his own online show via his website MyDamnChannel.com in September 2007. He bagged acting opportunities in a number of comedy films including 'Waiting...', 'Who's Your Caddy?', 'Wieners', 'Extreme Movie', 'Private Valentine: Blonde & Dangerous' and 'Still Waiting'. He also appeared alongside rappers Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa in the 2012 movie 'Mac & Devin Go to High School'. Most recently, he has worked on the movies 'Dumbbells' and 'Halloweed'. Since 2010, he has been a voice actor on the animated television series 'Adventure Time'. In 2011, he combined his passion for comedy and his love for rap in the show 'Snoop Dogg's Double G News Network'. He appeared on eight episodes of the sketch comedy series, 'Kroll Show', in 2013. He hosted his own cooking show on the YouTube channel 'Munchies' during 2014. In December 2016, he joined the 'Baited!' podcast with YouTubers Anything4views and Keemstar. He is also a Twitch streamer, and was named one of the fastest growing streamers in the IRL category.
- Andy Milonakis started his career in the late 1990s, working as a tech support guy at a Manhattan accounting firm. Passionate about comedy, he would often create comic videos and sketches in his spare time, some of which he posted online on a friend's website, 'AngryNakedPat.com'. In order to fulfill his dream of becoming a comedian, he started taking comedy classes at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theater in New York City during this time. Apart from funny videos, he also posted homemade webcam videos of freestyle rap and short films. One of these videos, titled 'The Super Bowl Is Gay', became an internet sensation within two weeks of its release.
- Andy, who had decided not to attend a friend's Super Bowl party on January 26, 2003, instead recorded a video of him rapping, and posted the video online. The six-minute-long video was an instant hit and got 100k views within 24 hours. Interestingly, a writer working on ABC's late-night show 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' was one of the many people who watched the video. Andy soon got an email from the producers of the show. He appeared on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' a couple times and was hired as a part-time correspondent on the show. After a few pitches on MTV, he landed his own show, aptly named 'The Andy Milonakis Show', in 2005. In 2006, he created his own YouTube channel 'Andy Milonakis', in which he posts weird videos containing his awkward blend of humor.
- Andy Milonakis hosted his show successfully for three seasons between June 2005 and May 2007. The first season of the show aired on MTV, and then the show moved to MTV2. While the first two seasons were filmed in New York City, he moved to Los Angeles during the final season. The show contained absurdist sketches, animated segments and a man-on-the-street section. It also featured some of his actual neighbors from Lower East Side, Manhattan as supporting cast. He had as guests, celebrities like hip-hop artists Lil Jon, Snoop Dogg and Akon; pop icon Hilary Duff; stand-up comedian Sarah Silverman; and professional snowboarder and skateboarder Shaun White. Jimmy Kimmel himself appeared in one episode in the second season.
- Andy Milonakis, a self-professed rap lover, has been known to rap in his videos and has made guest appearances in a few music videos by artists like Lil B and Snoop Dogg. In 2008, he posted a full-fledged rap song titled 'The Andy Milonakis Rap' on YouTube. After his MTV show ended, he teamed up with two other MTV alumni, Dirty Nasty and Riff Raff, and created the comedy hip hop group 'Three Loco'. They released their debut album 'Three Loco' on November 27, 2012. In September 2014, Andy confirmed on Twitter that the group has disbanded. In 2015, he met rapper Chief Keef via Twitter and became friends with him. He collaborated with Keef on the songs 'Hot Shit', 'G.L.O.G.A.N.G.' and 'My House'.
- Andrew Michael Milonakis was born on January 30, 1976, in Katonah, New York, and was raised in Westchester. He was born with congenital growth hormone deficiency which makes him look and sound like an adolescent boy despite the fact that he is 41 years old. He attended John Jay High School in Cross River, New York. During his high school years, he started using humor as a defense mechanism to escape bullying. In his own words, "If you're a serious, fat, young-looking kid, you're not going to be the most popular guy in high school."
Andy Milonakis Movies
1. Waiting... (2005)
2. Mac & Devin Go to High School (2012)
3. Wieners (2008)
4. Major Movie Star (2008)
(War, Adventure, Drama, Comedy)
5. Killer Pad (2008)
6. Extreme Movie (2008)
7. Who's Your Caddy? (2007)
How To Cite
People Also Viewed