Alyssa Diaz Biography
Sun Sign: Virgo
Also Known As: Alyssa Elaine Diaz
Born in: Northridge neighborhood of Los Angeles, California
Famous as: Actress
Height: 1.68 m
U.S. State: California
education: Bishop Alemany High School
Alyssa Diaz is an American actor who currently appears as ‘LAPD’ training officer ‘Angela Lopez’ in the ‘ABC’ crime-comedy series 'The Rookie' and as ‘Mika Camarena,’ wife of undercover ‘DEA’ agent ‘Kiki Camarena,’ played by Michael Peña, in the ‘Netflix’ crime drama 'Narcos: Mexico.’ She had previously gained recognition for her performance as ‘Celia Ortega’ in the ‘CBS’ daytime soap opera 'As the World Turns.’ Her other major TV roles were those of ‘Jasmine’ in ‘ABC's 'The Nine Lives of Chloe King,’ ‘Gloria Cruz’ in ‘Lifetime's 'Army Wives,’ ‘Teresa’ in ‘Showtime's 'Ray Donovan,’ and ‘Dariela Marzan’ in the ‘CBS series 'Zoo.’ She has also made guest appearances in series such as 'CSI: Miami,’ 'CSI: NY,’ 'Southland,’ 'Law & Order: LA,’ 'The Vampire Diaries,’ 'The Last Ship,’ 'The Bridge,’ 'Lucifer,’ 'Bones,’ 'How to Get Away with Murder,' and 'Life Sentence.’ She has been part of movies such as 'How the Garcia Girls Spent Their Summer,’ 'Shark Night,’ and 'Red Dawn.’ She has also appeared in telefilms such as 'Ben 10: Alien Swarm' and 'The Jensen Project' and in a number of short films. She is the co-founder of the organization 'I Am Now Me,' which mentors foster girls in the age group 13–17 in Los Angeles by providing them with tools to empower themselves.
- Alyssa Diaz made her acting debut with the teen sitcom 'The Brothers García' in 2001. This was followed by guest appearances in series such as 'American Family' and 'CSI: Miami' and a bunch of short films. In 2005, she got her big break when she was cast as ‘Celia Ortega’ in the ‘CBS’ soap opera 'As the World Turns.’ The same year, she made her film debut with the comedy movie 'How the Garcia Girls Spent Their Summer.’ Following this, she mostly appeared in guest roles in TV series such as 'The Unit,’ 'Shark,’ 'Greek,’ 'CSI: NY.’ 'Southland,’ 'Valentine.’ 'Three Rivers,' and 'Lie to Me.’ She was also part of telefilms such as 'Ben 10: Alien Swarm' and 'The Jensen Project' during this period.
- In 2011, she played the starring role of ‘Jasmine’ in the supernatural drama series 'The Nine Lives of Chloe King' and had a small role in the horror film 'Shark Night.’
- However, her breakthrough film role was that of ‘Julie Goodyear’ in the 2012 remake of the war film 'Red Dawn.’ Also in 2012, she landed the recurring role of ‘Gloria Cruz’ in the sixth season of the drama series 'Army Wives.’ Since then, she has appeared in a few episodes of popular series such as 'The Vampire Diaries,’ 'The Last Ship,’ 'The Bridge,' and 'Life Sentence.’ She had a recurring role in the series 'Ray Donovan' and had a main role in the TV adaptation of the novel 'Zoo' by James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge.
- She recently earned critical acclaim for the two roles she is presently playing on TV: ‘LAPD’ training officer ‘Angela Lopez’ in the series 'The Rookie' and ‘Mika Camarena’ in the crime-drama series 'Narcos: Mexico.’
- Alyssa Elaine Diaz was born on September 7, 1985, in the Northridge neighborhood of Los Angeles, California, US. She grew up with an elder brother named Michael.
- She is of Colombian, Mexican, and Irish ancestry.
- She graduated from ‘Bishop Alemany High School.’ A fan of Bruce Lee, she is trained in martial arts. She enjoys traveling, painting, and kickboxing in her free time. She also does yoga and meditation.
- Various tabloids have been inquisitive about Alyssa Diaz's personal affairs in the past few years. Scouring through her ‘Instagram’ feed, some outlets have reported about her affair with a man named Emilio, whose pictures she has shared on various occasions. While it is not known how they met, back in July 2015, she shared a picture of herself with him at the Grand Canyon to wish her fans on the occasion of the Independence Day of the US. On March 7, 2016, she wished him a happy anniversary, sharing a picture on ‘Instagram.’ Later, in May that year, she shared another picture of them enjoying a beach vacation together. It is not known when and why the couple broke up, but she is currently in a relationship with 'Grammy'-nominated Mexican singer-songwriter Gustavo Galindo. In September 2018, Galindo dedicated 'Como La Luna Lleva al Mar' (“How the Moon takes to the Sea”), the final song from his album 'Renacer,' to Diaz during a concert in Los Angeles. The music video for the song premiered on Valentine's Day 2019, and featured her as his love interest as they shared romantic moments and he compared his love to the way the moon moves the ocean.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed