Allison Miller Biography
Sun Sign: Virgo
Born Country: Italy
Born in: Rome, Italy
Famous as: Actress
Spouse/Ex-: Adam Nee (m. 2012)
father: John Winn Miller
mother: Margo Miller
City: Rome, Italy
education: University of Florida, Leon High School, Boston University, Maclay School, Rhodes College
Allison Miller is an American actress, best known for playing key roles in series’ such as ‘Kings’ and ‘Terra Nova.’ She was born in Rome, Italy, to American parents. Her father worked as the former publisher of The Olympian newspaper in Washington. Following her high school graduation from Tallahassee, Florida, she enrolled into Boston University for her further studies, eventually transferring to Rhodes College and the University of Florida. Ever since she was a kid, she loved performance arts and took training in acting and dancing. She dropped out of college and moved to LA to forge a career in acting, making her acting debut in 2006 short film ‘Lucy’s Piano’. After playing a key role in 2009’s film ‘17 Again’, she appeared playing the lead role as Alice McKee in the fantasy action film titled ‘Blood: The Last Vampire’. She had her major television breakthrough when she appeared playing the lead role in the series titled ‘Kings’ in 2009. She also appeared playing key roles in series’ such as ‘Terra Nova’, ‘Go On’ and ‘Selfie’. In the more recent years, she appeared playing one of the lead roles in the family drama series titled ‘A Million Little Things’ and a supporting role in the series titled ’13 Reasons Why’.
- Allison Miller was born on September 2, 1985, in Rome, Italy, to John Winn and Margo Miller. Her father was a journalist who worked as the publisher of The Olympian newspaper, printed from Olympia, Washington, while her mother was a housewife.
- The family lived in Olympia, Washington, where Allison’s father worked, but he also moved quite a lot. Hence, Allison spent most of her growing up years moving to different places in the country. She spent most of her childhood years in Lexington, Kentucky,
- As a kid, she was highly invested in performing arts and took lessons in singing, dancing and acting. She also learned piano when the family was living in Tallahassee, Florida. She completed her high school graduation from Maclay High School and enrolled into Boston University.
- She also participated in theatrical plays during that time and honed her acting skills. Until she was in college, she had not thought about making a career in acting.
- She did not like Boston University and transferred to Rhodes College, from where she completed her freshman year. She then moved to Gainesville to attend the University of Florida, where she was also a member of Kappa Delta Sorority.
- But her interests lied somewhere else. She decided that she wanted to act and when she made up her mind about it, she dropped out of college and moved to Hollywood, Los Angeles and began auditioning for roles in films and television.
- While she was living and studying in Tallahassee, she did many theatrical plays back to back. Two of the most notable theatrical shows that she performed in were titled ‘In Search of the New Partridge Family’ and ‘Brighton Beach Memoirs’.
- She made her on-screen debut in 2006, appearing as the main lead in the short film titled ‘Lucy’s Piano’. In the film, she played the titular role as Lucy.
- She made her television debut in the same year, appearing as Teen Tracy in the single episode of the medical drama series titled ‘General Hospital’. In the same year, she made further guest appearances in series’ such as ‘Cold Case’, ‘Mind of Mencia’ and ‘Desperate Housewives’.
- In 2007, she appeared playing a very small role in the film titled ‘Take’ and followed it in the same year with a 3 episodes long role in the series titled ‘Boston Legal’.
- After sitting idle for the most of 2008, she had a huge acting breakthrough in 2009 when she appeared playing a supporting role in the film titled ’17 Again’. The comedy film, which starred her as Scarlet Porter, became a huge critical and commercial success. This was a huge break for Allison and she became household name in the country following the release of the film.
- In the same year, she had yet another major acting breakthrough when she appeared playing one of the lead roles in the action horror film titled ‘Blood: The Last Vampire’. She played Alice McKee in the film, which was very badly reviewed and also failed to leave a mark at the box office.
- She ended the most happening year of her career with yet another major project. She appeared playing one of the main roles in the series titled ‘Kings’. The series received some good reviews when it was released but it somehow took a dip in the ratings as it progressed. The bad marketing was said to be the culprit behind the demise of the show. The show was cancelled after 1 season and 13 episodes of it were aired.
- In 2011, Allison further appeared playing one of the main roles as Skye Tate in the science fiction series titled ‘Terra Nova’. The series aired for 1 season and 13 episodes. It was heavily criticized as it approached its end. However, the network tried selling it to Netflix, but nothing concrete came out of it.
- After playing guest roles in series’ such as ‘Private Practice’ and ‘Fact Checkers Unit’ in 2012, she appeared playing one of the main roles in the series’ titled ‘Go On’, playing a recurring role as Carrie. The series ran for 1 season and 22 episodes and was not renewed for a second season.
- In 2014, she appeared playing the main lead role in the psychological horror film titled ‘Devil’s Due’. Although the film received very negative reviews by the critics, it turned out to be a huge commercial success. Allison followed with a recurring role as Julia in the series titled ‘Selfie’.
- Later in the same year, she appeared playing the lead role as Catherine Brown in the comedy drama film titled ‘There’s Always Woodstock’.
- In the more recent years, she is best known for playing a recurring role as Sonya Struhl in the teen drama series titled ’13 Reasons Why’, one of the most successful series’ on Netflix at the moment.
- Allison Miller dated actor/comedian Adam Nee in the early 2010s, before getting married to him in 2012. The couple announced their separation in 2019.
- Apart from English, Allison speaks fluent Spanish and French.
- She plays piano and guitar and is a mezzo-soprano.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed