Alexandria Zahra-Jones Biography
Alexandria Zahra-Jones is the daughter of legendary British singer and musician, David Bowie and the stunning Somali-American supermodel, Iman Mohamed Abdulmajid. She goes by the name of ‘Lexi’ or ‘Lex’ on her social media profiles. She was studying at a university in the U.S. until recently and is currently on a gap year. Alexandria does not have an active career at the moment, but is quite a talented artist. Her original artwork and illustrations are regularly seen on her Instagram and Twitter profiles, as well as those of her mother. While her father was of English and Irish descent and her mother is of Somali descent, Alexandria has an American nationality. Alexandria’s birth is said to have completely altered her father’s unhealthy and workaholic lifestyle. Much loved by both her parents, Alexandria was deeply impacted by her father’s death. As per her father’s will, she is said to inherit a vast fortune when she turns 25.
- As per the wishes of her parents, Alexandria Zahra-Jones has lived a quiet and sheltered life, away from the prying eyes of the paparazzi. As the beautiful daughter of a world-famous couple, she could have had a very flashy and public life with a high-flying modelling career like her contemporaries. According to her supermodel mother, Alexandria received many offers from top modeling agencies after she posted pictures of Alexandria celebrating her 18th birthday, but the teenager seems to be focused on other aspects of her life. Until recently, she was studying at a university in the U.S. Reportedly, Alexandria has decided to take a gap year from college to explore a career in art.
- Just like her pop star father, Alexandria has an eccentric and artistic sensibility of conveying the ordinary in an extraordinary manner. The budding artist has separate Instagram accounts to showcase her signature style of graphic, satirical, fierce and unsettling art. Her mother is also often seen proudly featuring Alexandria’s artwork on her personal Instagram and Twitter pages. While Alexandria is still exploring her passion for art, she is not selling any of her original artwork yet, but might do so soon.
- Alexandria Zahra-Jones was born on August 15, 2000 in Mount Sinai hospital in Manhattan, New York, U.S.A.; about eight years after her parents, David Bowie (real name: David Robert Jones) and Iman Mohamed Abdulmajid, were married in Tuscany, Italy. She was reportedly a ‘miracle baby’ as her parents faced quite a lot of fertility challenges. Her father is said to have assisted in her birth and cut the umbilical cord too. Alexandria means ‘defender of mankind’ and Zahra means ‘inner light’, but she chooses to go by the name ‘Lexi’.
- Alexandria’s birth had a profound effect on her pop star father; he began leading a private life of a complete family man and a doting father, often seen dropping Alexandria to school, but rarely ever seen out otherwise.
- Both her parents have another child each from their previous marriages. Alexandria has a half-brother, Duncan Jones, from her father’s first marriage to Angie Bowie and a half-sister, Zulekha Haywood, from her mother’s first marriage to NBA player, Spencer Haywood.
- After David Bowie passed away in January 2016 after a long battle with liver cancer, Alexandria and her mother were devastated. Both continued to post emotional messages and throwback pictures with Bowie for quite a few months after his death. In memory of her father, Alexandria even got a crescent moon shaped tattoo on her forearm with the words ‘Daddy xx 1947 – 2016’ written next to it. Alexandria has a septum piercing too.
- Alexandria is reportedly dating musician Tristan Beltrami. She has a pet dog named Max. When she turns 25, Alexandria will inherit about $25 million and a vacation property in New York from her father’s estate.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed