Alexandra Daddario Biography
Sun Sign: Pisces
Also Known As: Alexandra Anna Daddario
Born Country: United States
Born in: New York City, New York, United States
Famous as: Actress
father: Richard C. Daddario,
mother: Christina Daddario
City: New York City
U.S. State: New Yorkers
education: Marymount Manhattan College, Meisner acting technique
Alexandra Anna Daddario, better known as Alexandra Daddario, is an accomplished American actress, best known for her role as Annabeth Chase in the ‘Percy Jackson’ film series. She is also popular for playing Blake Gaines in ‘San Andreas.’ Admired for her blue eyes and charming smile, Daddario was ranked 80th on Maxim’s ‘Hot 100’ list in the year 2014. She established her television career in 2002 with her role in ‘All My Children’ and got her first major role in the 2010 film ‘Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief.’ Thereafter, she went on to appear in many major and minor roles in various TV shows and films. She also appeared in music videos and voiced prominent characters in video games, such as ‘Marvel Avengers Academy’ and ‘Battlefield Hardline.’ In 2017, her role in the film version of the popular series ‘Baywatch’ made her a household name. She is on her way to becoming a Hollywood star to be reckoned with.
- Daddario was born on March 16, 1986, in New York City, New York, USA, to Christina, a lawyer and Richard Daddario, a prosecutor and former head of the ‘NYPD’ counter-terrorism unit. Her paternal grandfather was a Democratic member of the ‘United States House of Representatives’ for the state of Connecticut from 1959 to 1971.
- She is the eldest of three children in her family. Her brother Matthew Daddario is also an actor, while her sister Catharine is a social media star. Alexandra Daddario has Italian, Czech, English, Irish, and Hungarian ancestry.
- She was raised in Manhattan’s Upper East Side and initially studied at ‘Brearley School.’ Later, in order to pursue an acting career, she joined the ‘Professional Children’s School’ and went on to attend ‘Marymount Manhattan College,’ which is one of the best colleges for fine arts in the US.
- She wanted to be an actress from the age of 11 and studied the Meisner acting technique for several years.
- She made her first television appearance at the age of 16, playing Laurie Lewis, a victimized teen in the soap opera ‘All My Children.’ The series had over 40 episodes and proved to be a good launch pad for her career in show business.
- After a string of minor roles in TV shows and independent films, including ‘The Squid and The Whale,’ Daddario received her breakthrough role in 2010 when she was cast to play the role of Annabeth Chase in the fantasy adventure film ‘Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief,’ which was based on Rick Riordan’s bestselling teen book.
- Meanwhile, she got the recurring role of Kate Moreau in the series ‘White Collar’ in 2009. She played Kate Moreau in ‘White Collar’ from 2009 to 2011.
- In 2011, she starred in the romantic comedy film ‘Hall Pass’ and landed a recurring role in the television drama series ‘Parenthood.’
- In 2012, she appeared in the music video ‘Radioactive’ by the pop rock band ‘Imagine Dragons.’ In the same year, she also made a guest appearance in an episode of the series ‘It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.’
- Her next major role after Annabeth Chase in ‘Percy Jackson’ came in the year 2013 when she played Heather Miller in the film ‘Texas Chainsaw 3D.’ Though the movie was shot in 2012, it was released only in 2013. She reprised her role as Annabeth Chase in ‘Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters’ in 2013.
- She also appeared in the zombie comedy ‘Burying the Ex’ with Anton Yelchin and Ashley Greene in 2013. The film was screened out of competition at the ‘Venice International Film Festival’ in 2014.
- The year 2014 saw Daddario gain popularity with her role as Lisa Tragnetti in the first season of the HBO series ‘True Detective’ where she appeared in four episodes. The following year, she had a lead role in the disaster film ‘San Andreas,’ alongside Dwayne Johnson.
- She played a cameo in the pilot of Will Forte’s comedy series ‘The Last Man on Earth’ and made a guest appearance in ‘American Horror Story: Hotel,’ where she played a fictionalized role of designer Natacha Rambova.
- In 2016, she appeared in the romantic drama film ‘The Choice’ in a supportive role. The following year, she replaced actress Lea Michele to play Kate Jeffries in the comedy film ‘The Layover,’ which was directed by William H. Macy.
- Her next major role came in 2017 when she was cast to play the female lead in the film version of ‘Baywatch.’ Here, she once again co-starred with Dwayne Johnson from ‘San Andreas.’ She played the role of Summer Quinn, who was portrayed by Nicole Eggert in the original series.
- She went on to act in the romantic comedy ‘When We First Met’ opposite Adam DeVine. She was then seen in the film version of Shirley Jackson’s mystery novel, ‘We Have Always Lived in the Castle.’
- In 2018, she was cast to play Rachel in the psychological thriller ‘Night Hunter,’ where she was seen alongside actors like Henry Cavill and Sir Ben Kingsley. In the same year, she was cast to play Dana Lee in Katharine O'Brien-directed independent drama film ‘Lost Transmissions.’ The film had its world premiere on April 28, 2019, at the ‘Tribeca Film Festival’ (TFF).
- In 2019, Daddario was cast to play Emma Corrigan in Elise Duran-directed romantic comedy film ‘Can You Keep a Secret?’ which is based on Sophie Kinsella's novel of the same name. In the same year, she was also cast to play the main role of Jade in the dark comedy-drama web television series ‘Why Women Kill.’
- Her major film appearances include ‘The Attic’ (2007), ‘Hall Pass’ (2011), ‘The Choice’ (2016), ‘Baywatch’ (2017), and ‘We Have Always Lived in the Castle’ (2018).
- Her longest TV appearance was in ‘All My Children’ where she played Laurie Lewis from 2002 to 2003, appearing in 43 episodes. Her other major TV shows were ‘Law & Order’ franchise (2004, 2005, 2006, 2009), ‘White Collar’ (2009 -2011), ‘New Girl’ (2014), and ‘Workaholics’ (2016).
- She has appeared in music videos, such as ‘Radioactive,’ ‘Love Is on Its Way,’ ‘Wait,’ and ‘Judy French.’ In 2015, she voiced Dune Alpert in the popular video game ‘Battlefield Hardline.’ The following year, she voiced Janet van Dyne in a mobile game titled ‘Marvel Avengers Academy.’ She has also acted in the web series ‘Odd Jobs.’
- Daddario was nominated for the ‘Teen Choice Awards’ twice in 2010 and 2015 for her roles in ‘Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief’ and ‘San Andreas’ respectively.
- She was also nominated for the 2013 ‘MTV Movie Awards’ for the part that she played in ‘Texas Chainsaw 3D.’
- She has dated many of her co-stars. It was said that she was in a relationship with her ‘Percy Jackson’ co-star Logan Lerman and that they broke up in 2015.
- It was rumored that she was in a relationship with her ‘Baywatch’ co-star Zac Efron. However, Daddario denied the rumors, saying that she is just a friend of Efron.
- Daddario lives in Los Angeles and has a dog named Levon. She was born in a Christian home but has not revealed her religious beliefs.
- Her workout routine for the movie ‘Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief’ included jogging, sword fencing, and aerobics due to which she gained 20 pounds of muscle.
- Omelette and grilled salmon are her favorite food. Her favorite singers are Lady Gaga and John Mayer.
- She has a huge fan following on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Alexandra Daddario Movies
1. The Babysitters (2007)
2. The Squid and the Whale (2005)
3. San Andreas (2015)
(Adventure, Drama, Action, Thriller)
4. The Choice (2016)
5. Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters (2013)
(Family, Fantasy, Adventure)
6. Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief (2010)
(Fantasy, Adventure, Family)
7. Baywatch (2017)
(Crime, Action, Comedy)
8. Hall Pass (2011)
How To Cite
People Also Viewed