Alexandra Anne Daddario, better known as Alexandra Daddario, is an accomplished, upcoming, young American actress, best known for her role as Annabeth Chase in the ‘Percy Jackson’ film series and Blake Gains in ‘San Andreas’. Her trademark has been her bold blue eyes and charming smile. She was ranked 80th on Maxim’s Hot 100 list in the year 2014. She established her television career in 2002, with her role in ‘All My Children’ and got her first major role in films in 2010, with her role in ‘Percy Jacksons & the Olympians: The Lightening Thief’. Thereafter, she has appeared in many major and minor roles in various TV shows and films. She has also appeared in a music video and lent her voice for a few video games. Lately her role in the film version of the popular serial, ‘Baywatch’, in her trademark red swimsuit, has made her a household name. She is on her way to becoming a Hollywood star to reckon with.
- Daddario was born on March 16, 1986 in New York City to Christina and Richard Daddario. Her mother was a lawyer and father was a prosecutor and former head of the NYPD counter terrorism unit. Her paternal grandfather was a Democratic member of the United States House of Representatives for the state of Connecticut from 1959 to 1971.She is the eldest of three children in her family. Her brother, Matthew Daddario is also an actor and she has a sister named Catharine. She has Italian, Czech, English and Irish ancestry.She was raised in Manhattan’s Upper East Side and initially studied in Brearley School. Later in order to pursue an acting career, she joined the Professional Children’s school and attended Marymount Manhattan College, which is one of the best colleges for fine arts in the US.She wanted to be an actress from the age of eleven and studied the Meisner acting technique for several years.She made her first television appearance at the age of 16, as Laurie Lewis, a victimised teen on the soap opera ‘All My Children’. The series had over 40 episodes and proved to be a good launch pad for her career in show business.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- After a string of minor appearances on TV shows and short films including ‘The Squid and The Whale’, Daddario first made it big in 2010 with her role as Annabeth Chase in the fantasy adventure film, ‘Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightening Thief’, based on the Rick Riordan best selling teen book.She also got the recurring role as Kate Moreau on the serial, ‘White Collar’ the same year.The next year she starred in the romantic comedy film ‘Hall Pass’ and had a recurring role in the television drama series ‘Parenthood’.In 2012, she appeared in the music video ‘Radioactive’, by the group Imagine Dragons and had a guest artist appearance in an episode of the serial ‘It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia’.Her next major role after ‘Percy Jacksons’ was when she starred in the film ‘Texas Chainsaw 3D’ as Heather Miller. Though the movie was shot in 2012, it was released only in 2013. She again played the role of Annabeth Chase in ‘Percy Jackson: Sea Monsters’ in 2013.She also appeared in the zombie comedy ‘Buying the Ex’ with Anton Yelchin and Ashley Green the same year. The film was chosen to participate in the Venice Film Festival in 2014 but did not compete.The year 2014 saw Daddario gain popularity with her role as Lisa Tragnetti on the first season of the HBO series ‘True Detective’ where she appeared in four episodes. The following year she had a lead role in the disaster film ‘San Andreas’, alongside Dwayne Johnson.She had a cameo in the pilot of the Will Forte comedy series ‘The Last Man on Earth’ and a guest appearance on ‘American Horror Story: Hotel’, where she has a fictionalised role of designer Natacha Rambova.In 2016, she appeared in the Nicholas Sparks film ‘The Choice’ in a supportive role and the road trip comedy, ‘The Layover’ directed by William H Macy, where she replaced actress Lea Michele.Her next major role came when she was cast in the lead female role in the film version of ‘Baywatch’ the same year. Here she once again co-starred with Dwayne Johnson from ‘San Andreas’. She plays the role of ‘Summer Quinn’, who was portrayed by Nicole Eggert in the original series.She went on to act in the romantic comedy ‘When We First Met’ opposite Adam DeVine and the film version of Shirley Jackson’s mystery novel ‘We Have Always Lived in the Castle’.Her latest venture is the psychological thriller ‘Nomis’, where she is working with Henry Cavill and Sir Ben Kingsley. With this she has switched to more serious roles, coupled with her looks, that has prompted critiques to rate her as one of the most upcoming stars of Hollywood.Major Works
- Her major film appearances include ‘The Attic’ (2007), ‘Hall Pass’ (2011), ‘The Choice’ (2016), ‘Baywatch’ (2017) and the coming movie ‘Nomis’ in 2018.Her longest TV appearance was on ‘All My Children’ which consisted of 43 episodes in 2002 – 2003. Her other major TV shows were ‘Law & Order’ (2006), ‘White Collar’ (2009 -2011) seven episodes, ‘New Girl’ (2014) and ‘Workaholics’ (2016).She was seen on the music video ‘Radioactive’ by the group Imagine Dragons and lent her voice for the video games ‘Battlefield’ and ‘Marvel Avengers Academy’. She has also acted in the web series ‘Odd Jobs’.Awards & Achievements
- Daddario has been nominated for the Teen Choice Awards twice in 2010 and 2015 for her role in ‘Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief’ and ‘San Andreas’ respectively.She was also nominated for the 2013 ‘MTV Movies Awards’ for the part that she played in ‘Texas Chainsaw 3D’.Personal Life & Legacy
- She has dated many of her co-stars and word has gone around that she was in a relationship with Logan Lerman while they worked together on the sets of ‘Percy Jackson’. The couple broke up in 2015.Rumours abound that she is dating her co-star, Zac Efron, with whom she worked for ‘Baywatch’. However, there is no confirmation of any progress in the relationship.Trivia
- Daddario lives in Los Angeles and has a dog named Levon. She was born in a Christian home but has not revealed her religious beliefs.Her workout routine for the movie ‘Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightening Thief’ included jogging, sword fencing and aerobics due to which she gained 20 pounds of muscle.She is known to love Omelette and Grilled Salmon. Her favourite singers are Lady Gaga and John Mayer.She has a following on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
How To CiteArticle Title- Alexandra Daddario BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/alexandra-daddario-31356.phpLast Updated- March 17, 2017
People Also Viewed