Adore Delano Biography
Sun Sign: Libra
Also Known As: Daniel Anthony Noriega
Born in: Azusa, California
Famous as: Drag Queen, Singer
Height: 1.82 m
siblings: Has two elder brothers and sisters (making her the youngest)
U.S. State: California
education: Sierra High School
Daniel Anthony ‘Danny’ Noriega, popularly known as Adore Delano, is a multifaceted personality, excelling as a singer-lyricist, TV personality, YouTuber, and drag queen. He first came into the limelight when he made it to the 7th season of the ‘American Idol’ in 2008. He was good enough to make it through to the semi-finals before being eliminated. His stellar performance and his flashy persona attracted the attention of Ellen DeGeneres, a celebrated talk show host who asked him to appear in her program as a guest. Evidently enough, exposure in the television singing competition beamed throughout the US, spurred him to enact skits that were uploaded on YouTube making him a professional vlogger/YouTuber. Adore’s homosexual predisposition prompted him to try his luck in a ‘drag’ contest organized by a nightclub in West Hollywood which he topped. Enthused by his crooning skills, he released his first album ‘Till Death Do Us Party’ in 2014, which was followed by a sequel ‘After Party’ in 2016. He identifies as non-binary and had to put up with seemingly insurmountable obstacles as his professional and personal relationships as well as his emotional bonding came under severe strain. However, he braved the ups and downs in his life with towering tenacity emerging unscathed each time and ultimately went to have a scintillating singing career.
- Adore Delano, right from his childhood, had an outgoing bent of mind and was remarkably gregarious in his bearings. Part of his gregariousness was because of his Mexican-American background with a smattering of ‘Native American’ and ‘Germanic’ lineage. He formed a punk rock band ‘Teenage Rampage’ while he was still in secondary school.
- Adore Delano’s most opportune break came in 2008 when he qualified for the 7th season of the ‘American Idol’. He had made an attempt to quality for the ‘American Idol’, in 2007, but was turned down by the panel because of his unkempt appearance. He finished in the top 16 and made it to the semi-finals trying to perfect on ‘Tainted Love’ originally sung by Gloria Jones.
- Though he was ultimately eliminated, the break in the ‘American Idol’ kick-started his professional career. He created numerous burlesques and spoofs following his remarkable success in ‘American Idol’ which he uploaded on YouTube under his drag queen alter-egos ‘Adore Delano’ and ‘Angel Baby. Just a year after in 2009, she recorded and commercially released footage for a song titled ‘24/7’ that also featured his sister Diamonique.
- The brilliant performance of Raven, one of the notable contestants of RuPaul’s Drag Race in a West Hollywood nightclub (Micky), spurred Adore to compete in an upcoming drag queen competition endorsed by the club. Fortunately for him, he was adjudged the winner in the meet and this triumph stimulated him to perform in several musical soirees and concerts in California, his home state. He also strutted on the ramp as a model in Los Angeles Fashion Week in the year 2013.
- His career as an avant-garde and futuristic drag queen received a shot in the arm when he was selected by Logo as one of the 14 contenders for the 6th chapter of RuPaul’s Drag Race in December 2013. He earned a spot in the final showdown where he and Courtney Act were declared joint runner-ups.
- His striking accomplishments and that too in such a short span of time egged him on to launch the title track ‘DTF’ of his first full-fledged album, ‘Till Death Do us Party’, in 2014. The complete album which was launched in the same year a few months later received rave reviews and made Delano the top ranking charting performer amongst all contestants of RuPaul’s Drag Race. Adore Delano devoted the rest of the year to publicizing the tracks of the album and two years later in 2016, ‘After Party’ was formally up for grabs on Amazon Music.
- Delano had an exciting start in 2017, casting a spell on the audience with his performances in Las Vegas, Chile (Santiago) and is currently touring Australia. He’s slated to perform in Lima (Peru), Chicago, California (Santa Ana) and London in the forthcoming months.
- Adore Delano has filed a suit against PEG (Producer Entertainment Group), for allegedly misappropriating majority of the earnings from his two albums as well as proceeds from his public performances. He is purported to have earned about $2.5million from 2014 till the time he filed the lawsuit out of which he only received $300,000.00.
- Adore Delano was born on 29 September 1989, in Azusa, California. He is extremely down-to-earth and candid in his personal life and detests putting on airs. His acolytes are aware of his non-binary status and he has gone on record by iterating to ‘Dragaholic’ (a website dedicated to drag queens) that ‘Everyone thought I was a girl back then.’ ‘I lived my life as a girl from 14 to almost 17 years old ….with piercings and everything’. His homosexual streaks made him warm up to his mother during his adolescence. He lost his father in 2016 and his first love deserted him but he sports a cheerful countenance. His current heartthrob is Christian Francuski, an Australian
How To Cite
People Also Viewed