2004 - Teen Choice Award
2003 - Teen Choice Award
1998 - Young Artist Award
Lindsay Lohan is undoubtedly one of the most-loved and most-controversial actresses of our time. Although her career began with modelling, she was soon recognized for her screen presence and started getting offers from the Hollywood. She starred in a number of soap operas and made her motion picture debut with an evergreen Disney classic, ‘The Parent Trap’, which catapulted her to fame. Soon, a number of films like ‘Freaky Friday’, ‘Herbie: Fully Loaded’ and ‘A Prairie Home Companion’ followed. Alongside acting, she released her debut recording album, ‘Speak’ and followed this with ‘A Little More Personal’ - both these albums were certified platinum and gold, respectively. Although her career had a brilliant start, she experienced a slump and got entangled in several controversies towards the end of her teenage years. She had a troubled relationship with her father and made frequent visits to rehabilitation centres, which cost her several movie contracts. However, she gradually overcame all the difficulties and went on to launch her own clothing line and resumed her acting career. She has also faced several legal suits.
- She was born to Michael Lohan and Donata Sullivan, in New York City. Her father ran a pasta business, while her mother was an investment banker. She has three younger siblings.She began modeling for Ford Models, Calvin Klein kids and Abercrombie kids at the tender age of three.She attended Cold Spring Harbor High School, where she excelled in mathematics and science. After grade 11, she was homeschooled.Her parents had a turbulent relationship and later got divorced, which psychologically affected her and her siblings during their childhood.Career
- She landed her first major role in the motion picture, ‘The Parent Trap’, a remake of a popular 1961 movie, which earned her critical acclaim.At the age of 15, she starred in the television series, ‘Bette’. However, she soon left the show and signed a contract with a Los Angeles production company.She got her second big-break with ‘Freaky Friday’ and ‘Mean Girls’, which released in 2004. She was appreciated for her performances and began to be considered a bankable star by numerous directors.She released her first recording album, ‘Speak’ on December 7, 2004, which was certified as platinum.On May 7, 2005, five months after her father was sentenced to four years of prison, she released the music video, ‘Confessions of a Broken Heart (Daughter to Father’, which addressed her parents’ choppy relationship and her broken relationship with her father.She returned to Disney and starred in the final instalment of the ‘Herbie: Fully Loaded’ series in 2005, which marked the actress’ transition into more serious roles.As her celebrity status grew, her struggles with drug addiction also grew which made her instant tabloid fodder. She starred in ‘I Know Who Killed Me’ in 2007, where she played the role of a stripper.She made a guest appearance in the sitcom, ‘Ugly Betty’, and also starred in the movie ‘Labor Pains’, which released in 2009. Around the same time, she also worked on her new album.In 2012, she starred as Elizabeth Taylor in the TV movie, ‘Liz and Dick’, which was aired on television for a short period of time.Major Works
- Her first major breakthrough film was ‘The Parent Trap’, which earned her worldwide recognition as a debutant, in her dual role as twin sisters. The movie grossed $ 25, 800, 000 internationally and $66, 308, 518 domestically and received positive reviews from critics.Lohan starred along Jamie Lee Curtis in ‘Freaky Friday’ and delivered an award-winning performance, which also became one of her best performances as an actress. Till date, it remains her biggest successful film.Her film, Mean Girls, was a critical and commercial success and grossed $129 million worldwide. She received four awards for her role in the film and soon became a household name.‘Speak’, her debut album, was the first high-seller from Casablanca Records and sold over 1,000,000 copies in the United States. It peaked at the Billboard 200 and two singles in the album, ‘Rumours’ and ‘Over’ were certified gold.Awards & Achievements
- She was nominated for ‘Young Artist Award’ for the Best Performance in a Feature Film – Leading Young Artist for ‘The Parent Trap’ in 1998.She won the ‘Teen Choice Award’ for her role as Anna Coleman/Tess Coleman in Freaky Friday in 2003.Her role as Cady Heron in ‘Mean Girls’ won her numerous prestigious awards like the ‘MTV Movie Award for Best Female Performance’ and ‘Teen Choice Award for Movie Breakout Star’ in 2004.She won the Hollywood Film Award for Breakthrough Actress for ‘Bobby’ in 2006.Personal Life & Legacy
- Throughout her childhood and her teenage years, Lindsay battled psychological issues and went into frequent bouts of depression due to her strained relationship with her father.She has been a victim of substance-abuse and was charged for driving under influence, possession of drugs and jewelery theft. She was arrested for allegedly stealing a $2,500 necklace. and also for the possession of cocaine several times.She has been with a number of men such as Wilmer Valderrama, Stavros Niarchos, Peter Morton and Calum Best.This young starlet attended Alcoholics Anonymous to get rid of her obsession with alcohol. She also had to spend time in rehabilitation centres, which affected her public image.In 2011, she was arrested for fleeing the scene after she allegedly hit a pedestrian while driving her Porsche.She was arrested for a third-degree assault for punching a woman at a nightclub.There were several tweets in April 2013, claiming that Lohan is supposedly pregnant.She is also actively involved in humanitarian efforts and contributes large sums of money to the American Red Cross every year.Trivia
- The character of Niki Stevens on the television series, ‘The L Word’ is based on this famous personality’s life.This actress is allergic to blueberries and took voice lessons as a girl.This Hollywood starlet is an ardent fan of Marilyn Monroe and even has a clothing line, mirroring Monroe’s style and fashion.
How To CiteArticle Title- Lindsay Lohan BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURLLast Updated- July 25, 2017
People Also Viewed
Pictures of Lindsay Lohan
Quotes By Lindsay LohanAlso Listed In20th Century | 21st Century | 20th Century Singers | 20th Century Film & Theater Personalities | 20th Century Actresses | 21st Century Singers | 21st Century Film & Theater Personalities | 21st Century Actresses | 20th Century American Singers | 20th Century American Film & Theater Personalities | 21st Century American Singers | 21st Century American Film & Theater Personalities