Evan Thomas Peters is a well-known American film and TV actor. He has played supporting roles in popular TV shows such as 'Phil of the Future' and 'Invasion'. He has also appeared in several films including the 'X-Men: Days of Future' as well as its sequel, ‘X-Men: Apocalypse.’ Born in St. Louis, Missouri in the United States, Peters aspired to be an actor from an early age. Along with pursuing modeling, he also used to take local acting classes. His first role in films was in the 2002 movie 'Clipping Adam', for which he won an award at the Phoenix Film Festival, for Best Breakthrough Performance. Throughout the years, along with his career in films and TV, he has also appeared in numerous television commercials for Sony PlayStation, Progressive Insurance, Moviefone, Papa John's Pizza, and Kellogg. In 2011, he started appearing in 'American Horror Story,’ an anthology horror TV series, which can be regarded as his most significant work till date. His performance in the series has been quite appreciated and has earned him nominations for three different awards.
- Evan Peters was born on 20 January 1987, in St. Louis, Missouri, in the United States. His parents are Julie and Phil Peters. He has two siblings, a brother named Andrew, and a paternal half-sister named Michelle.Peters first attended the Grand Blanc Community High School, but later, in order to pursue an acting career he moved to Los Angeles. He then attended Burbank High School, but soon left it and turned to homeschooling instead.Career
- Evan Peters’ first role was in the film 'Clipping Adam' in 2002, for which he was chosen by the producer himself. His brilliant performance won him an award at the Phoenix Film Festival, for Best Breakthrough Performance.Later, he appeared in the 2004 American teen film 'Sleepover', which was directed by Joe Nussbaum. He appeared as the character Russell Hayes, who had a crush on the main character and wanted to make her fall in love with him. Along with Peters, the film starred actors such as Alexa Vega, Sara Paxton, and Mika Boorem.He next appeared in 'Phil of the Future' an American science fiction that aired on the Disney channel from 2004. The story focused on a family that comes from the future, but since their time machine gets damaged, they get stuck in the 21st Century. Peters appeared as a nerdy kid named Seth Wosmer. Other important actors in the cast included Raviv Ullman, Aly Michalka, and Amy Bruckner.In 2005, he appeared in 'Invasion', an American sci-fi television series that aired on ABC network. Taking place in Florida, the story focused on the aftermath of a hurricane in a small town, where water-based creatures were beginning to take over bodies of the inhabitants of the town. It also starred actors such as William Fichtner, Eddie Cibrian, Kari Matchett, Lisa Sheridan and Tyler Labine.Throughout the next few years, he did supporting roles in various movies such as 'An American Crime' (2007), 'Gardens of the Night' (2008), 'Never Back Down' (2008), 'Kick-Ass' (2010), 'Never Back Down 2: The Beatdown' (2011).In 2011, he started appearing in a popular horror anthology series 'American Horror Story', where each season of the show is shown as a miniseries, with different stories and different sets of characters in each one. Including Peters, the show starred actors such as Connie Britton, Dylan McDermott, Evan Peters, Taissa Farmiga and Denis O'Hare.Evan Peters played a supporting role in the 2011 American thriller film 'The Good Doctor'. In 2013, he appeared alongside Emma Roberts in the comedy movie 'Adult World'. Meanwhile, he also made guest appearances on several TV shows such as 'The Mentalist' (2010), 'The Office' (2010), 'Parenthood' (2011), and 'In Plain Sight' (2011).In 2014, he appeared in the American superhero film 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'. Directed by Bryan Singer, it starred several popular actors including Hugh Jackman, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Halle Berry and Anna Paquin. Peters himself appeared as a mutant named Quicksilver, with the ability to move, speak and think with supersonic speeds.Over the next few years, he appeared in films such as ‘The Lazarus Effect’ (2015), ‘Safelight’ (2015), and ‘X: Men Apocalypse’ (2016).Major Works
- Evan Peters' role in 'American Horror Story', a popular American horror anthology series can be regarded as the most significant work of his career. Though along with Evans, it stars several other popular actors such as Connie Britton, Dylan McDermott, Zachary Quinto, Sarah Paulson, and Taisa Farminga, only three actors appear in all seasons, Peters being one of them. With each season showing a different story with a different set of characters, some of the stories are said to be inspired by true events. The story started broadcasting on the FX network from October 2011.Evan Peters appeared in the 2015 American drama 'Safelight', which was one of the few significant films of his career. Written and directed by Tony Aloupis, the film starred Evan Peters and Juno Temple in lead roles, along with Kevin Alejandro and Ariel Winter. The film premiered at the Nashville Film Festival, on April 17, 2015. The story takes places in the 1970s and focuses mainly on Charles, a high school student, played by Peters, and Vickie, a prostitute, played by Temple, and how they deal with their difficult lives.He appeared in the 2016 American comedy 'Elvis & Nixon'. Directed by Liza Johnson, the film starred Kevin Spacey and Michael Shannon in lead roles, while Peters along with other actors such as Johnny Knoxville, Colin Hanks, and Alex Pettyfer appeared in supporting roles. The story was about a meeting that took place in December 1970, between President Richard Nixon and singer Elvis Presley. The film, however, did not do well commercially.Awards & Achievements
- Evan Peters won his first award in 2004 at the Phoenix Film Festival for Best Breakthrough Performance for his debut film 'Clipping Adam'.His role in the 2004 film 'Sleepover' earned him a nomination for the 'Young Artist Awards' for Best Performance.For his role in 'American Horror Story', he received nominations for the Satellite Awards, Online Film & Television Association Award as well as Fangoria Chainsaw Awards, all for Best Supporting Actor.Personal Life & Legacy
- Evan Peters started dating Emma Roberts, with whom he co-starred in the 2012 film 'Adult World'. In 2013, Roberts was arrested after the couple had a heated argument and had started hitting each other, in which Peters was found to be injured. However, Roberts was released a few hours later, as Peters declined to press charges. Though this made huge news in the media, the couple decided to move past the incident, and mended their relationship soon.
How To CiteArticle Title- Evan Peters BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURLLast Updated- March 21, 2017
People Also Viewed
Pictures of Evan PetersPrevious NextImage Credithttp://cargocollective.com/actors9/Evan-PetersImage Credithttps://in.pinterest.com/snowridinghood/evan-peters-3/Image Credithttp://www.enstarz.com/articles/31797/20140107/emma-roberts-evan-peters-getting-married-american-horror-story-actor-reportedly-trades-in-girlfriends-promise-ring-for-an-engagement-rock.htmAlso Listed In