Trista Sutter Biography
Sun Sign: Scorpio
Also Known As: Trista Nicole Sutter, Trista Nicole Rehn
Born in: Indianapolis, Indiana
Famous as: TV Personality
Spouse/Ex-: Ryan Sutter (m. 2003)
father: Stan Rehn
mother: Roseanne Rehn
U.S. State: Indiana
City: Indianapolis, Indiana
education: Indiana University, University of Miami
Trista Nicole Sutter (née Rehn) is an American reality TV personality, known for her participation in the shows, ‘The Bachelor’ and ‘The Bachelorette.’ Born in Indiana and raised in Missouri, US, she was always interested in the glamorous show-business since her childhood. She earned her degrees from the ‘Indiana University’ and then ‘University of Miami, Florida’ and worked as a pediatric physical therapist in Miami. Trista participated in ‘ABC’ channel’s reality program, ‘The Bachelor,’ and was declared as the ‘runner-up.’ Then she was selected as the first ‘bachelorette’ in the spin-off show called, ‘The Bachelorette.’ Trista chose the Colorado fire-fighter Ryan Sutter as the winner and he proposed to her on the show. Their wedding was aired on channel ‘ABC’ as a 3 episode special, ‘Trista & Ryan’s Wedding,’ and became one of the most viewed programs on the reality TV. Thereafter, she has appeared on several reality shows as well as talk shows. Her first book, ‘Happily Ever After: The Life-Changing Power of a Grateful Heart,’ was published in 2013 and she has also written blogs and columns in several publications. Presently the Sutters and their two children reside in Eagle County, Colorado.
- Trista Sutter was born on October 28, 1972, in Indianapolis, Indiana, to Stan and Roseanne Rehn; and she grew up in St. Louis, Missouri. She joined the ‘Indiana University’ and obtained a Bachelor’s degree in ‘exercise science.’ After that, she went to study at the ‘University of Miami,’ Florida, and earned a Master of Science degree in ‘physical therapy.’
- After her Master’s degree, Trista continued her stay in Florida and practiced pediatric physical therapy at the ‘Miami Children’s Hospital’ for four years. For the next two years she worked as ‘Miami Heat Dancer.’
- In a quest to find something interesting, she applied for a new TV show called ‘The Bachelor.’ She was selected and in 2002, appeared as a contestant on the season 1 of this ‘ABC’s’ popular show where she was one of the 25 bachelorettes. The show was premiered on March 25, 2002 and ran up to April 25, 2002. The first bachelor, Alex Michel, courted 25 women and in the end selected 23 years old event planner Amanda Marsh as the Bachelor’s dream-girl. Trista was declared as the runner-up of the show and received overnight attention.
- According to her, it was the best thing that ever happened to her that she was not chosen as the winner. Because, then she got selected as the first ‘Bachelorette’ in the gender-reversed spin-off of the program, named as ‘The Bachelorette.’ Trista chose Colorado fire-fighter Ryan Sutter as the ‘Bachelor of her dreams.’ Ryan Sutter proposed to her on the show, which was witnessed by 30 million viewers.
- They were one of the few couples from ‘The Bachelor’ and ‘The Bachelorette’ shows who actually got married and also one of the few to remain together. The channel ‘ABC’ paid US$1 million to acquire the network rights to telecast their wedding. After a long engagement, they planned a dream wedding together with the channel, to be aired as a three-episode special, ‘Trista & Ryan’s Wedding.’ The actual wedding on December 6, 2003, was telecast/aired as the finale of this special. This miniseries was shot at ‘The Lodge’ luxury resort in ‘Rancho Mirage,’ California. With over 26 million viewers watching the show, this special became one of the most widely viewed miniseries in the history of the reality TV shows.
- She has worked in a ‘KFC’ commercial opposite actor Jason Alexander and was also seen along with him and others in the 2003 music video ‘Celebrity’ by country music singer Brad Paisley. Trista has been a part of various TV shows. In the first season of ‘ABC’s’ show ‘Dancing with the Stars’ (2005) she performed as a contestant.
- Trista Sutter made a guest appearance on a 2005 episode of ‘NBA’s’ ‘Fear Factor’ to cheer her husband Ryan, who was a contestant in it. She and Ryan Sutter were part of ‘Hands Only CPR’ PSA campaign (June 2011) from ‘American Heart Association,’ and AD Council. The Sutters also participated in the ‘Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Star,’ (2014) and were contestants on the show ‘Who Wants to be a Millionaire’ during a ‘Bachelor Fan Favorite Week’ in 2015.
- Trista Sutter has co-hosted various shows including ‘The View,’ ‘Good day Live,’ VH1’s ‘All Access,’ and ‘Trista and Ryan’s Honeymoon Hotspots.’ She has appeared on a number of such TV shows as ‘The Oprah Winfrey Show,’ ‘Ellen,’ ‘The Tonight Show,’ ‘Howard Stern,’ ‘The Rachael Ray Show,’ ‘According to Jim,’ ‘Less Than Perfect,’ among others.
- She has worked for ‘Miss America,’ ‘Extra’ and ‘Good Morning America’ in the role of a correspondent. Trista Sutter’s first book, ‘Happily Ever After: The Life-Changing Power of a Grateful Heart,’ was published in 2013. She has written a number of blogs for ‘E! Online’ and a column ‘My Life as a New Wife’ for Redbook. She has also contributed to a number of publications including ‘People,’ ‘Parade,’ ‘Maxim,’ ‘Woman’s World,’ ‘Oprah Magazine,’ ‘In Style,’ ‘MOM Magazine,’ ‘TV Guide,’ ‘In Touch,’ ‘Life & Style Weekly,’ and ‘US Weekly,’ among others.
- On December 6, 2003, in a televised wedding on ‘ABC,’ she married Ryan Sutter, the man she chose as the winner of the TV Show, ‘The Bachelorette.’ Presently, he is a lieutenant with the Vail Fire Department, Colorado. Earlier for a brief period he was a NFL football player, but he had to leave professional game due to injuries.
- After facing some initial difficulties in conceiving, her son Maxwell Alston Sutter was born on July 26, 2007. She faced pregnancy complications as she was diagnosed with gestational diabetes in her seventh month of pregnancy. The baby was born 4 weeks early via c-section after a failed induction/stalled labor. Their daughter Blakesley Grace Sutter was born on April 3, 2009. Now the family resides in Eagle County, Colorado, and Trista Sutter is now a stay-at-home-and-work-mom.
- In 2012, Trista underwent some cosmetic surgery procedure, because, in her own words, she wanted to feel good again.’ During a family vacation in Croatia in 2017, she suffered a seizer and was hospitalized, but she recovered soon thereafter. In December 2018, the couple celebrated their 15th wedding anniversary.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed