Scout Taylor-Compton Biography
Scout Taylor-Compton is an American actor and singer, best known for her portrayal of the character ‘Laurie Strode’ in the 2007 horror movie ‘Halloween’ and its 2009 sequel. Taylor-Compton has acted in small roles in numerous TV series and feature films, ranging from dramas to horror flicks. She has also been a popular face in TV commercials and a voice-over artist. Taylor-Compton pursued her film and music careers simultaneously, and in 2007, she came up with her own rock/pop album. Throughout her career, she has earned nominations for multiple awards. Her net worth is estimated to be a whopping $2 million.
- Scout Taylor-Compton was born Desariee Starr Compton, on February 21, 1989, in Long Beach, California. She later changed her name to “Scout Taylor-Compton.” Taylor-Compton’s father was a mortician. She is of Mexican–American descent on her mother’s side.
- Homeschooled and with an average grade of 4.0 in tenth grade, young Taylor-Compton wanted to be a competitive swimmer. She had plans to participate in the ‘AAU Junior Olympics’ before she made her debut in the world of cinema.
- Taylor-Compton stepped into her acting career at the age of 9. She made her film debut with ‘A.W.O.L’ (1998), in which she co-starred with David Morse. Thereafter, she starred in numerous feature films and commercials.
- Between 1998 and 2001, Taylor-Compton was seen in TV shows such as ‘Ally McBeal,’ ‘Frasier,’ ‘The Guardian,’ ‘The Division,’ and ‘Gilmore Girls.’ During this time she also worked in commercials for ‘Fuji Film’ and ‘Disney Cruise Line.’
- Toward the beginning of her career, Taylor-Compton briefly acted in stage productions. Starting with an eponymous character in ‘Annie Warbucks’ at ‘The Grove Theatre,’ she later also performed in a production of ‘Footloose’ at the ‘Simi Valley Cultural Arts Center.’
- Between 2001 and 2005, Taylor-Compton made significant contributions as a voice-over artist. Her voice was used in movies such as ‘I Am Sam’ (2001), ‘The Core’ (2003), ‘The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement’ (2004), and ‘Sky High’ (2005).
- In 2001, she sang the theme song ‘Jet Set’ for the movie ‘Chicken Night.’ She also made fleeting appearances in the music video for the song ’Black Suits Comin’ in ‘Men in Black II’ and in a music video by ‘Born the Sky’ called ‘Sweet Valentine.’
- Between 2004 and 2007, Taylor-Compton starred in several movies and TV series. During this phase, her rendezvous with “horror” as a genre began. Though her first huge project in 2004 was the teen comedy ‘Sleepover,’ in the coming years, it was followed by ‘Wicked Little Things,’ ‘An American Crime,’ and the famous remake of the 1978 horror movie ‘Halloween.’
- Around the same time, she also worked in a bunch of TV series such as ‘Hidden Howie: The Private Life of a Public Nuisance,’ ‘Unfabulous,’ ‘Cold Case,’ and ‘That’s So Raven.’
- In 2007, Scout Taylor-Compton released her debut rock/pop album, in which she had sung and played the drums.
- Taylor-Compton continued to work in horror movies. Two of her notably successful ventures are ‘April Fool’s Day’ (2008) and ‘Life Blood’ (2009), though she only made a cameo in the latter. Curious to experiment with other genres, Taylor-Compton worked in the American dramas ‘Love Ranch’ and ‘The Runaways’ in 2010.
- More recently, Taylor-Compton has made appearances in series such as ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ (2012) and ‘Nashville’ (2015).
- In 2004, Taylor-Compton starred in the romantic comedy ‘13 Going on 30,’ which continues to remain a classic “chick flick” to this day. She co-starred with Mark Ruffalo, Jennifer Garner, Judy Greer, and Andy Serkis in this film.
- ‘Halloween’ (2007) has been the most significant project of her career so far. She is a member of the ‘Halloween’ franchise and has played the role of ‘Laurie Strode’ in the 2007 remake of the original movie of the 1970s and its 2009 sequel.
- Taylor-Compton won the ‘Best Actress’ award at the ‘Method Fest Independent Film Festival’ for her performance in ‘Tomorrow is Today.’
- Her portrayal of ‘Clara’ in ‘Gilmore Girls’ earned her the nomination for the ‘Best Performance in a TV Series – Recurring Young Actress.’
- The entire cast of Taylor-Compton’s first major feature film, ‘Sleepover,’ was nominated for the ‘Young Artist Award’ for the ‘Best Performance in a Feature Film – Young Ensemble Cast.’
- Taylor-Compton was in a relationship with musician Andy Biersack from the rock band ‘Black Veil Brides’ for 6 years, but they eventually broke up.
- The actor-singer takes an exclusive interest in music. Not only can she sing and play the drums but she also writes songs and poems. Apart from music, she is also interested in oceanography, world cultures, and sports such as volleyball and softball.
- Taylor-Compton is an animal lover and is raising a pair of twin cats. Some sources claim that she is also interested in owning a monkey, a Chihuahua, and some crabs someday.
- Inspired by Taylor-Compton and her association with the gothic culture from an early age, her former boyfriend, Andy Biersack, wrote the song ‘The Mortician’s Daughter’ and dedicated it to her.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed