Scarlett Noel Pomers is an American actress, singer, and songwriter, who has worked in television, film, and theatre. She was a well-known child artist, actively doing several TV series and commercials since the age of three. She is also a talented singer and songwriter, and has released her own EP ‘Insane’. Scarlett is still appreciated for her most recognizable roles as Naomi Wildman in the television series ‘Star Trek: Voyager,’ and Kyra Hart in ‘Reba.’ Despite enjoying considerable success at an early age, her life hasn't been an easy one. She suffered from anorexia when she was 17, and was admitted to a rehab center for treatment. Upon her recovery from the condition, she extended financial support to people who suffered from eating disorders but could not afford treatment. ‘Teen People’ magazine had recognized her sincere endeavor, and listed her as ‘one of the 20 teens who can change the world’. In 2014, she retired from acting as she wanted to concentrate on music—her first love—and photography—her newly found love. She is also working on some new projects like designing jewelry for her online store, ‘The Mermaid’s Lure’, and new music for her band.
- Scarlett Pomers was born on November 28, 1988 at Riverside, California, USA. Her mother’s name is Michelle Galvin. She was interested in music since she was a child. She began singing and taking guitar lessons when quite young. She was a fan of hard rock.When she was three years old, an agent spotted her while she was performing at a local shopping mall, and suggested to her mother that she should get into acting. She then started doing small roles till her mother found an agent. As a child, she guest-starred in many television shows and also appeared in several feature films.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- In 1992, at the age of three, Scarlett Pomers appeared in the music video ‘Heal the World’ by Michael Jackson. At the same time, she began doing commercials as well, and till date, has filmed over three-dozen advertisements.The same year, she played the role of Tina Denmark in ‘Ruthless! The Musical’, an all-female Off-Broadway musical. The musical opened at the Players Theatre in March 1992 and ended in January 1993 after 342 performances.She also played Sandy in ‘Adventures in Odyssey,’ an Evangelical Christian radio drama and comedy series for kids, produced by Focus on the Family.She featured in an American supernatural drama television series—‘Touched by an Angel’—that premiered on CBS on September 21, 1994, and ran for 211 episodes.Her first major role was in 1998 as Naomi Wildman on the UPN sci-fi program ‘Star Trek: Voyager.’ It was an American science fiction television series set in the Star Trek universe. Naomi Wildman was a half-Ktarian, half-human female, daughter of Greskrendregtk and Samantha Wildman. She was born aboard Voyager and was dying soon after birth due to complications of coping with the environment of the planet that she and the Voyager crew were stranded on.Pomers also featured in several television shows, including ‘Judging Amy’, an American legal drama television series that was telecast from September 19, 1999 through May 3, 2005, on CBS.She starred in ‘That's Life’, an American comedy-drama series that was broadcast on CBS from October 1, 2000 to January 26, 2002.Continue Reading BelowIn 2001, Scarlett Pomers joined the cast of the WB series ‘Reba,’ and played the role of Kyra Hart, the younger daughter of Reba and Brock Hart, played by Reba McEntire and Christopher Rich. However, due to her illness, her character Kyra was absent from most of the fifth season of ‘Reba’; she appeared in two just episodes out of twenty-two. After her treatment, she returned to Reba, and appeared in some episodes for season six and continued with the show until it ended in 2007.She also appeared as a judge for ION Television's series ‘America's Most Talented Kids’. In 2014, she announced that she wants to retire from acting to focus on music and photography. However, she did some voiceover work even after that.As a singer, she is the founder of the band SCARLETT, also known as the ‘Scarlett Pomers Band’, which has played at venues like the Knitting Factory, Club One-Seven, House of Blues, The Roxy, and the Whisky a Go Go. On January 7, 2010, she had released her first EP, ‘Insane’, through her official website, CDbaby.com, and iTunes. The album consisted of five tracks.She covered an AC/DC classic, ‘It's a Long Way to the Top (If You Wanna Rock 'n' Roll)’ in a tribute album to the band titled ‘Rock & Roll Train: A Millennium Tribute To AC/DC.’ The song was originally performed by the Australian hard rock band AC/DC. It was the first track of the group's album T.N.T., released in December 1975. Pomers released her version on December 10, 2010, on iTunes.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Major works
- By the time she was 18, Scarlett Pomers had already given some amazing performances. Her accomplishment as an actress in ‘Star Trek: Voyager,’ followed by playing Reba McEntire's daughter Kyra on the sitcom ‘Reba’ established her as a talented actress in her teens.Now a budding musician, forming her band and leading it through success, is one of her major achievements. Her band plays in some of Hollywood's hottest spots.The Disney Channel film ‘A Ring of Endless Light,’ where she played Mishca Barton's little sister, is her fans’ favorite among her movies. She shot for her role for six weeks in Australia—an experience she cherishes.Awards & Achievements
- Scarlett Pomers won a Young Artist Award for Best Performance in a Drama Series: Supporting Young Actress, for ‘Star Trek: Voyager.’Personal Life & Legacy
- In 2005, Scarlett Pomers was admitted to an anorexia nervosa treatment facility, as her weight had dropped to just 73 pounds due to the disorder. This was due to exercising for over six hours a day and not eating properly. She was out of the facility in January 2006.Following her treatment, when she resumed work after being absent for most of season 5 of ‘Reba,’ she entered the set to a thunderous round of applause. In fact, episode 1 of season 6 referred to her eating disorder. Reba asked the character Kyra "Where have you been?" to which Kyra replied "I went to get something to eat." In the same episode, when she was heading towards the kitchen, the character Van played by Steve Howey, asked her, "Where are you going?" To which she replied, "I'm getting something to eat", and Van replied, "see you next year!"In 2006, she became an ambassador for the National Eating Disorders Association, and started an organization called Arch-Angels. It raises money for people who suffer from eating disorders and cannot afford treatment.Her efforts to help people suffering from anorexia nervosa led ‘Teen People’ magazine to name her as one of the 20 teens who will change the world in 2006.She is a vegetarian. In June 2006, she started practicing Kundalini yoga after reading a book about Golden Bridge studio director Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa, and earned her teaching certificate in the practice.
How To CiteArticle Title- Scarlett Pomers BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/scarlett-pomers-33969.phpLast Updated- September 13, 2017
People Also Viewed