Roger Mathews Biography
Sun Sign: Gemini
Also Known As: Roger William Mathews
Born Country: United States
Born in: Cherryfield, Maine
Famous as: Reality TV Star
Spouse/Ex-: JWoww (m. 2015)
children: Greyson Valor Mathews, Meilani Alexandra Mathews
U.S. State: Maine
Roger William Mathews is an American businessman, union truck driver, and television personality. He has garnered fame for his relationship with reality TV star Jennifer Farley, better known as JWoww, who was part of the main cast of the MTV reality series ‘Jersey Shore’ and its spin-off ‘Snooki & JWoww’. Mathews himself was a member of the supporting cast of the latter show, appearing in all its 54 episodes. He has also been featured in several episodes of the original show. A Maine native, Mathews drove trucks for Hazmat before gaining prominence as a television personality. He made his TV debut sometime in 2011, in a season three episode of ‘Jersey Shore’. After dating for several years, Mathews and Farley tied the knot in October 2015. They have two children together. In September 2018, Farley approached the court seeking a divorce from Mathews, citing irreconcilable differences. However, she later claimed that she had been physically and emotionally abused by him.
- Roger Mathews was born on June 1, 1975, in Cherryfield, Maine, USA. Little else is known about his family and upbringing. He was a union truck driver for Hazmat. He later reportedly became an entrepreneur.
- A New York native, JWoww had been part of the MTV reality series ‘Jersey Shore’ since the beginning. The show premiered on December 3, 2009, and aired for six seasons before concluding on December 20, 2012. During its original run, ‘Jersey Shore’ came to be regarded as a pop-culture phenomenon. It gained international popularity and spawned a number of spin-offs and other iterations. Classes and conferences have been hosted at various universities about the show and journalists have ranked it as one of the most influential TV series of the time. It has also garnered criticisms for the free use of the terms “Guido/Guidette" by the cast members, as well as the stereotypical depictions of Italian-Americans. When JWoww first appeared on the show, she was already in a relationship with a man named Thomas Lippolis. However, not long after entering the house, she started a passionate affair with castmate Paul "Pauly D" DelVecchio. JWoww and Lippolis ultimately parted ways in season three for other reasons. It was in this season that Mathews made his first appearance on the show and went on to be featured sporadically for the rest of its run.
- He was one of the supporting cast members of ‘Snooki & JWoww’, the second (after ‘The Pauly D Project’) and most successful spin-off of ‘Jersey Shore’. Airing on MTV from June 21, 2012, to February 4, 2015, the show revolved around two of the most popular stars of the original series, JWoww and Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi. Along with Snooki, JWoww, and Mathews, Polizzi’s fiancé and later husband Jionni LaValle made regular appearances on it.
- Mathews has also been featured ‘Jenni & Roger: Domesticated’ (2017) and ‘Jersey Shore: Family Vacation’ (2018).
- Mathews is a self-proclaimed businessman who utilizes various social media platforms for endorsing products. He has reportedly teamed up with professional mixed martial artist Frankie Edger for a business venture. Both Mathews and Edger reside in Ocean County, New Jersey. In December 2018, Mathews was featured on Edger’s podcast, ‘Frankie & The 4 F's’.
- Mathews’ popularity as a reality TV star has made its way to social media. On Instagram, he has over a million followers, and each of his posts receives tens of thousands of likes.
- Mathews and Farley began dating sometime in 2012. During the filming of the ninth episode of the second season (‘Taking the Plunge’) of ‘Snooki & JWoww’, he asked her to marry to him. They had gone skydiving, and after they landed on the ground, Mathews proposed to her with a pink diamond wedding ring. Eventually, she accepted.
- Farley gave birth to their daughter, Meilani, on July 13, 2014. The couple exchanged wedding vows on October 18, 2015. Their son, Greyson, was born on May 5, 2016. In September 2018, Farley began divorce proceedings at the Ocean County Superior Court in New Jersey, citing irreconcilable differences. Later that month, Mathews corroborated the news in a social media post and added that they were undergoing counselling at the time.
- On December 17, 2018, Farley called the police to inform them that Lippolis had contacted her to extort $25,000 from her. He had allegedly threatened her that if she did not pay him, he would divulge “her secrets” to the media. Lippolis was ultimately apprehended by the police on December 19, 2018. In January 2019, Farley accused Mathews of teaming up with Lippolis in order to hurt her. Furthermore, she accused him of emotionally and physically abusing her and posted a video on her website that apparently shows Mathews assaulting her. In response, Mathews posted a video on Instagram, in which he vehemently denied the allegations. Since then, more allegations and counter-allegations have been made by both parties.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed