Rebecca Marie Gomez Biography
Sun Sign: Pisces
Also Known As: Becky G
Born in: Inglewood, California
Famous as: Singer
father: Frank Gomez
siblings: Alex Gomez, Frankie Gomez, Stephanie Gomez
U.S. State: California
City: Inglewood, California
awards: Premios Juventud-Best Style (2016)
Radio Disney Music Awards-Artist with Best Style (2016)
Numerous young celebrities have sprung up thanks to the internet and one of them is Becky G – the American singer, rapper and songwriter whose birth name is Rebecca Marie Gomez. It won’t be wrong to call Becky G an “Internet’s child” as she used YouTube effectively to put up videos that showcased her talents and brought her recognition. Becky believes that music completes her: no matter what the genre, the girl likes to experiment and show off her abilities as a rapper. The road to success was not easy for Becky as she faced acute financial crisis when she was a young girl but didn’t lose hope in adversity. She started working as a child and used to take a break by playing baseball and soccer, preparing authentic Mexican cuisine with her grandmother and helping her mother with household chores. She feels that success comes by “being patient with yourself, being patient with the people around you.”
- Becky G became famous with her debut single ‘Becky from the Block’ and the song ‘Play it Again’ in 2013. Her debut EP, also titled ‘Play It Again’ featured five songs including the track of the same name that made it to the iTunes’ top 100 on the first day of its release. The singer’s song ‘Shower’, released in 2014 by Kemosabe Records and RCA Records, was Becky’s first song to enter the top twenty of the Billboard Hot 100 chart in the United States.
- Becky G began showing interest in rap music from the age of 12 and became known after she uploaded her dancing and singing videos on YouTube in 2011. The teenager appeared in American recording artist Kesha’s 2012 remix of ‘Die Young’ and also in Cody Simpson's 2012 hit track ‘Wish U Were Here.’ Becky also featured in British pop star Cher Lloyd’s song ‘Oath.’
- The sassy girl has clinched a deal with Kemosabe/RCA, the Sony Music Entertainment imprint founded by Dr. Luke. The songstress has also done a number of television shows and is set to appear in ‘Power Rangers’ in the near future.
- The diva grew up listening to Temptations, Etta James, and James Brown and was also fond of traditional Mexican Ranchera songs. The youngster thought of supporting the family financially at the tender age of nine. She convinced her parents to allow her to audition for commercials. The girl succeeded in gaining advertisements from Disney Channel and Nickelodeon but was bullied by her schoolmates and had a bad time in school.
- When the would-be rapper was 11 she started writing her songs and recording them on GarageBand. After Becky turned 13, she worked with the production duo The Jam—Mike Mani and Jordan Omley—on three songs: ‘Otis’, ‘Lighters’, and ‘Novacane.’ At 18 Becky G attracted so much attention with her work that ‘Seventeen Prom’ and ‘Latina’ magazine featured her on their cover in 2016.
- Despite becoming a celebrity at such a young age, Becky G continues to remain a sweet and down-to-earth person. She tours the world and has a huge fan following, but once she reaches home, she is expected to help her parents in running the home by doing household chores like cleaning, doing the dishes, and babysitting her younger siblings. The multi-talented young woman is not only blessed with a golden voice, but also possesses good writing skills and can also play the guitar. Right now she is working on her budding career as a film and television actress alongside her musical career.
- Becky G is of Mexican descent and her parents are Alejandra and Francisco “Frank” Gomez. She was born and raised in Inglewood, California and is the eldest of four siblings. Becky has two brothers, Frankie and Alex and a sister Stephanie. The family lost their home due to a financial crisis and had to shift to a converted garage in her grandparents’ home in Los Angeles in 2007. She began working around this time to support her family. The future-rapper went to public school but switched to home schooling after being bullied at school.
- In August 2015 Becky G broke up with her boyfriend, the American singer and songwriter Austin Mahone after five months of courtship. During a 2016 performance at the iHeartRadio, Becky G disclosed that she was dating American soccer star Sebastian Lletget. The singer posted her pictures with Sebastian on Instagram and was also seen cozying up with him in an Instagram video.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed