Princess Kako of Akishino Biography
Sun Sign: Capricorn
Also Known As: Princess Kako
Born in: Tokyo, Japan
Famous as: Japanese Princess, Prince Akishino’s Daughter
father: Fumihito, Prince Akishino
mother: Kiko Kawashima, Princess Akishino
siblings: Prince Hisahito, Princess Mako
City: Tokyo, Japan
Notable Alumni: Trinity College Dublin
education: Gakushuin University (2013–2014), Trinity College Dublin
Princess Kako of Akishino is the second child of Fumihito, Prince Akishino and his wife Kiko, Princess Akishino. She is the second-eldest grandchild of Empress Michiko and Emperor Akihito and a part of the Japanese Imperial Family. Despite being a member of royalty, she is known for her relatively unglamorous lifestyle and unusual degree of independence. A well-travelled and educated young lady, she is efficient at managing her official duties alongside her academic responsibilities. Interested in a variety of hobbies from an early age, she received numerous opportunities to pursue her interests. She has always been passionate about figure skating and has taken part in numerous competitive events. She came first in her division in Japan Skating Federation’s Spring Cup Figure Skating Competition. She is also proficient in a number of foreign languages. As a princess, she has already enthralled the citizens of her country with her intelligence, demure demeanor, beauty, and confidence. Multifaceted and hardworking, she inspires the girls and young women of Japan to work hard towards achieving their goals.
- Princess Kako was born on December 29, 1994 in Tokyo, Japan to Fumihito, Prince Akishino and his wife Kiko, Princess Akishino. She was born in the Imperial Household Agency Hospital. Kako has an elder sister, Princess Mako (born in 1991), and a younger brother, Prince Hisahito (born in 2006). She is a grandchild of Empress Michiko and Emperor Akihito. She is a niece of Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako, and a cousin of Princess Aiko.
- In 2001, Princess Kako started her education at Gakushuin Primary School, eventually graduating in 2007. She then enrolled at Gakushuin Girls' Senior High School and graduated from there in March 2013. During her time in high school, she also studied English at the Trinity College in Dublin. She eventually enrolled at the Gakushuin University.
- In August 2014, Princess Kako quit the Gakushuin University and cleared the entrance examination for her enrollment at the International Christian University aka ICU. In the year 2017, she decided to follow in the footsteps of her elder sister and relocated to UK to study at The University of Leeds. She is pursuing a degree in performing arts and psychology.
- Princess Kako has shown a deep interest in figure skating right from her childhood. She first participated in the sport while in primary school. In 2007, she participated in the Spring Cup Figure Skating Competition conducted by Japan Skating Federation as a part of Meiji-jingu Gaien Figure Skating Club. She ranked first in the Shinjuku division.
- Her sister, Princess Mako, who is a graduate of University of Leicester, will become the ninth woman in the Japanese Imperial Family to marry a commoner when she marries her fiancé, Kei Komuro, in 2020.
- Princess Kako believes her biggest shortcoming is her short-temper, a trait she has inherited from her father!
How To Cite
People Also Viewed