Peter Michael Escovedo
Sun Sign: Cancer
Also Known As: Peter Michael Escovedo III
Born in: Alameda County, California, U.S.
Famous as: Percussionist
Spouse/Ex-: Karen Moss (divorced)
father: Pete Escovedo
children: Nicole Richie (Biological Father)
U.S. State: California
Peter Michael Escovedo III is an Emmy Award nominated American musician. He started-off in the music industry as a percussionist but later garnered recognition as music director and producer, songwriter, singer and television personality. Escovedo is part of the prolific Latin Jazz performers ‘E. Family’, where he shares music ensemble with his father, brother and sister. He joined leading singers such as Lionel Richie, Mariah Carey and Tina Turner on their world tours as a music composer. Escovedo’s popular television shows as music director include Martin Short Show and Wayne Brady Show. He has arranged music for popular performers such as Mos Def, Stevie Nicks, Barry Manilow, Luther Vandross and Justin Timberlake. In his latest outing, Escovedo featured as a percussionist on Sixty Two Fifty, the remake of a song written by Willie Bobo and featuring on the most awaited studio album of Gallagher. His latest outing is the new E. Family CD featuring other accomplished artists and bands such as Prince, Joss Stone, Gloria Estefan, Earth Wind & Fire, Israel Houghton and Raphael Saadiq. Peter Michael Escovedo is the biological father of famous celebrity Nicole Richie, adopted legally in her childhood by Lionel Richie and his wife Brenda.
- Peter Escovedo was born Peter Michael Escovedo III on 7 July 1961 in California, US. His father, Peter Michael Escovedo, is a Mexican-American percussionist, famous by his stage name Pete Escovedo. His siblings, Sheila E. and Juan Escovedo are renowned percussionists and another sibling, Zina Escovedo, is a renowned dancer and promoter.Peter is the nephew of famous recording artists Coke Escovedo, Alejandro Escovedo, Javier Escovedo (The Zeros), Bobby Escovedo and Mario Escovedo (The Dragons). He cousin René Escovedo is a drummer.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- Peter Michael Escovedo was into music right from an early age. Being born into a family of musicians, music came to him as a natural gift. He honed the skills further watching his father and uncles perform.His popular films as a recording artist include ‘The Preacher’s Wife’, ‘Jack’, ‘Living Out Loud’ and ‘Dragon’. He has co-written and produced songs for movies such as ‘Ford Fairlane’, ‘Crackers’ and ‘Smokey and the Bandits Part 3’.Peter Escovedo also produced as well as composed music for many popular television shows including ABC’s ‘High School Musical Get in the Picture’, ‘The Wayne Brady Show’ and ‘The Wayne Brady Variety Show’, VH1’s ‘But Can they Sing’ and Fuse’s ‘Redemption Song’. He received huge acclaim for the music of ‘The Wayne Brady Show’.He has toured the world with the likes of Mariah Carey, Chaka Khan, Lionel Richie, Stevie Nicks, Earth, Wind and Fire, George Michael and Marvin Gaye.In 1999, 2000 and 2001, Escovedo arranged music for Alma Awards as music director, composer and stage performer. In 2001, along with Christina Aguilera, he worked for the music of Grammy Awards.Major Works
- In 2002, Escovedo featured as the music director for Playboy’s 50th Anniversary celebrations and Miss America Pageant.His other notable works include arranging music for Olympics Closing Ceremony with Lionel Richie, 10th Anniversary Special Episode of MTV with Mariah Carey, The Latin Grammys 2000, amongst others.In 2014, Peter Escovedo along with his father and brother received a contract from Gerry Gallagher to feature as percussionists along with prolific Latin Rock stalwarts such as El Chicano amongst others.Personal Life
- Peter Michael Escovedo married Karen Moss, the then executive assistant of his sister, Sheila E. He has a child with her named Nicole Camille Escovedo (later known as Nicole Richie), who the couple gave up in adoption to legendary singer and lyricist Lionel Richie and his wife Brenda.Peter and Karen’s marriage was going through a rough patch, when Lionel Richie and his then wife Brenda proposed to adopt Nicole. Peter Michael Escovedo and Karen Moss gave up their daughter in adoption and shortly afterwards ended their marriage.Peter Escovedo currently lives with his partner Patrice.Trivia
- Peter Michael Escovedo III shares his name with his father Peter Michael Escovedo III, also a prolific percussionist in his own right and one of the founding members of Santana.His family comprises of all accomplished musicians in the Latin Jazz genre. They have performed together as the ‘E Family’, a leading orchestra group in the country with their signature performance of Latin Jazz.Peter Michael Escovedo’s sister Sheila E. is a Grammy Award nominee known for her rhythm with the drum congas and strong vocals.His biological daughter Nicole Richie is a famous A-list celebrity, fashion designer, author, TV personality and actor.According to Nicole, Peter Michael Escovedo gave her up for adoption to Lionel Richie as he and Karen felt that Richie was in a better position to provide Nicole with better life and financial stability.
How To CiteArticle Title- Peter Michael Escovedo BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/peter-michael-escovedo-35035.phpLast Updated- January 02, 2018
People Also Viewed