Paz Lenchantin Biography
Sun Sign: Sagittarius
Born Country: Argentina
Born in: Mar del Plata, Argentina
Famous as: Musician
father: Mario Merdirossian
mother: Analia Lenchantin
siblings: Ana Lenchantin, Luciano Lenchantin
Paz Lenchantin is an Argentine-American musician who is best known for being the bass guitarist, violinist, and vocalist of the alternative rock band Pixies. She has also played multiple instruments for different other bands like ‘Entrance’, ‘A Perfect Circle’, and ‘Queens of the Stone Age’ between 2000 and 2014. Paz comes from a family with a rich history in music and was inspired by her father to follow the same path from a very early age. She started her musical journey from her childhood and taught herself to play various musical instruments by herself and also took professional training. Over her career so far, Paz has established herself as a transitional artist and has been involved with various music bands and artists on several musical projects. She has also teamed up with her sister Ana Lenchantin and brother Luciano Lenchantin on collaborative musical endeavors.
- Paz started playing piano at the age of five, and by the age of twelve, she had already learned to play guitar and violin. As a young woman, she joined the American rock group ‘A Perfect Circle’ and played alongside Josh Freese, Troy Van Leeuwen, Billy Howerdel and Maynard James Keenan. During her time in the band, she contributed to two albums ‘Mer de Noms’ in 2000 and ‘Thirteenth Step’ in 2003. She later left the band and joined the American alternative rock supergroup ‘Zwan’ alongside Billy Corgan, Jimmy Chamberlin, Matt Sweeney, and David Pajo and contributed to their only album ‘Mary Star Of The Sea’.
- In 2002, Paz formed the all-female supergroup named ‘Chelsea’ along with Melissa Auf der Maur, Samantha Maloney, and Radio Sloan. However, the band performed only once and the members went their separate ways. Paz made a comeback to her former band ‘A Perfect Circle’ and played strings and piano for the cover album ‘eMOTIVe’, released in November 2004, which debuted at #2 on the Billboard 200. She later became a part of the solo cover song ‘The Hollow’ of the band’s CD/DVD release, ‘aMOTION’.
- After leaving ‘A Perfect Circle’, Paz has collaborated with ‘The Entrance Band’ on a regular basis as a producer and as a bass and violin player. She contributed to their album ‘Prayer of Death’ and did many shows with them. In December 2013, she joined the American alternative rock band ‘Pixies’ as their bassist, replacing the founder of the band Kim Deal and their previous touring bassist Kim Shattuck. The band’s fifth studio album ‘Indie Cindy,’ which released in 2014, was a moderate hit. Paz had contributed as the bassist on all Deluxe edition live tracks. In their sixth studio album ‘Head Carrier’, Paz contributed as the bassist and lead vocalist.
- Apart from playing with several bands, Paz has also played alongside her sister Ana Lenchantin and David Pajo in ‘Papa M’. In addition, she has performed on Trust Company's album ‘The Lonely Position Of Neutral’, the track ‘Dividing Lines’ for Kaura, and Melissa Auf der Maur's first solo album ‘Auf der Maur’.
- Paz Lenchantin was born in Mar del Plata, Argentina on December 12, 1973. Her father, Mario Mardirossian is a classical pianist. Her siblings, sister Ana Lenchantin is a musician and a frequent collaborator, and brother Luciano Lenchantin was also a musician. As a child Paz learned to play violin, guitar, and piano, almost all by herself. In 2006, she released her second solo album ‘Songs for Luci’, which she dedicated to her brother and frequent collaborator Luciano Lenchantin, who unfortunately had committed suicide in 2003.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed