Patrick Schwarzenegger Biography
Sun Sign: Virgo
Also Known As: Patrick Arnold Shriver Schwarzenegger
Born in: Los Angeles, California
Famous as: Actor
Height: 1.80 m
father: Arnold Schwarzenegger
mother: Maria Shriver
U.S. State: California
City: Los Angeles
education: Brentwood School, East Campus, University of Southern California
Patrick Arnold Shriver Schwarzenegger is an American model, entrepreneur, and actor known for his roles in the National Geographic miniseries ‘The Long Road Home’ and the romantic drama ‘Midnight Sun’. He is the third of four children of Austrian-American actor and former Governor of California, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and his former wife, journalist, author, and former First Lady of California, Maria Shriver. Born and raised in Los Angeles, Patrick earned his matriculation degree from the University of Southern California and went on to graduate from the USC Marshall School of Business. He had begun acting when he was quite young, taking lessons with both his father and Nancy Banks. Patrick made his screen debut in 2006 in the sports comedy film ‘The Benchwarmers’. His second role came about six years later, in the 2012 romance-drama ‘Stuck in Love’. Since then, he has played Frat Boy Copper in ‘Grown Ups 2’, Caleb in ‘Go North’, and Charlie Reed in ‘Midnight Sun’. In 2017, he starred in Mikko Alanne’s miniseries ‘The Long Road Home’. When he was 15 years old, he set up his own clothing line. Patrick has achieved some success as a model and is currently signed with LA Models.
- Patrick got his start as an actor when he was 13 years old, in the 2006 sports comedy film ‘The Benchwarmers’. However, he had to wait six more years before landing his next role. In 2012, he shared screen space with Greg Kinnear, Jennifer Connelly, and Lily Collins in Josh Boone's ‘Stuck in Love’. In 2013, he worked once more with his ‘The Benchwarmers’ co-star David Spade in the comedy film ‘Grown Ups 2’. That year, he also starred in the music video for Ariana Grande’s song ‘Right There’.
- In 2015, he appeared in the zombie comedy ‘Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse’, portraying a character named Jeff. He made his small screen debut in 2015, playing Thad Radwell in a season one episode of ‘Scream Queens’. In the following year, he worked in a short film called ‘Prettyface’ and Kevin Connolly’s adventure-drama ‘Dear Eleanor’.
- Patrick was cast as the antagonist Caleb in the 2017 teenage dystopian drama ‘Go North’. In the National Geographic miniseries ‘The Long Road Home’, he portrays army sergeant Ben Hayhurst. The series was based on Martha Raddatz’s 2007 book ‘The Long Road Home: A Story of War and Family’, which, in turn, was based on an actual event.
- In 2018, Patrick appeared in the first leading role of his career in Scott Speer’s romantic drama ‘Midnight Sun’. Cast opposite Bella Thorne, Patrick portrays Charlie Reed, a recently graduated high school student who is in love with a girl with xeroderma pigmentosum, a rare genetic condition that makes the patient life-threateningly sensitive to sunlight.
- At present, he has two films in post-production. In the thriller ‘Daniel Isn’t Real’, he is set to portray the titular character. He has worked with actors like Helen Mirren, Keira Knightley, Mickey Rourke, Diego Luna, Jim Sturgess, and Dianna Agron in the upcoming romantic drama ‘Berlin, I Love You’
- Patrick has found considerable success as an entrepreneur. At the age of 15, he launched a clothing line. In 2014, he set up a Blaze Pizza restaurant at The Grove in Los Angeles. He established a second branch at USC while he was a student there and one more at Staples Center.
- Patrick is also a model. Presently signed with LA Models, he is looking to raise awareness about his clothing line by working on high-profile modelling jobs.
- Born on September 18, 1993, Patrick has two older sisters, Katherine and Christina, and one younger brother, Christopher. He also has a younger half-brother named Joseph Baena through his father. He attended Brentwood High School and later received his matriculation degree from the University of South California. He subsequently enrolled in the USC Marshall School of Business from where he graduated in May 2016. Since he was a child, he was interested in acting. His father gave him several instructions on the craft. He was also taught by Nancy Banks. Later, he even minored in Cinematic Arts from the USC.
- Patrick’s father, Arnold Schwarzenegger is a former professional bodybuilder, actor, philanthropist, and politician. He is a seven-time Mr Olympia and one time Mr Universe winner. After spending his early years in his native country of Austria, Schwarzenegger moved to the United States when he was 21 years old. He subsequently gained international recognition as an actor for portraying memorable characters like Conan in ‘Conan the Barbarian’ (1982) and ‘Conan the Destroyer’ (1984), T-800 "Model 101" in the Terminator franchise, and Col. John Matrix in ‘Commando’ (1985). In 2003, he became the 38th Governor of California and held the office until 2011.
- Through his mother, Patrick is the grandnephew of the former President of the United States, John, F. Kennedy. Shriver is a renowned journalist and author herself and has won a Peabody Award, two Emmy Awards, and an Academy of Television Arts & Sciences award for developing a "television show with a conscience".
- In 2014, Patrick began dating singer and actress Miley Cyrus. They were together for six months before parting ways in 2015. He is currently dating model Abby Champion.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed