Nicollette Sheridan Biography
Sun Sign: Scorpio
Born in: Worthing, Sussex, England
Famous as: Actress
Spouse/Ex-: Aaron Phypers (m. 2015 - div. 2018), Harry Hamlin (m. 1991 - div. 1992)
father: Arthur Sheridan
mother: Sally Sheridan
siblings: Nick Savalas
City: Sussex, England
Nicollette Flora Vivianne Sheridan is an English-born American actor, known for her appearances in several TV movies and series, such as ‘Knots Landing,’ ‘Virus,’ ‘The People Next Door,’ and ‘Dynasty.’ Born in England, to actor Sally Adams, she immigrated with her mother to the US when she was 10. She learned ballet and horseback riding since childhood and studied arts at school. She began working as a model and made her TV debut in the series ‘Paper Dolls.’ She then appeared in the movie ‘The Sure Thing.’ She performed in several TV movies, such as ‘Time to Heal,’ ‘People Next Door,’ and ‘The Spiral Staircase.’ Sheridan won awards for her performance in the TV series ‘Knots Landing’ and many prestigious nominations for her work in ‘Desperate Housewives.’ Sheridan was featured on ‘People’s list of the ‘50 Most Beautiful People in the World’ in 1990. She was listed at number 48 on ‘Maxim’s 2006 ‘Hot 100’ list. She has married and divorced twice.
- Sheridan was born on November 21, 1963, in Worthing, Sussex, England, to British actor Sally Sheridan (née Adams). Her biological father left them during her infancy.
- She began learning ballet at a tender age. She also started learning horseback riding at 3 and grew into a skilled equestrienne. Sheridan studied arts at the ‘Arts Educational School,’ London. She also enjoyed reading Shakespeare’s work.
- In 1969, Sheridan’s mother got into a relationship with Greek–American actor Telly Savalas during the filming of ‘On Her Majesty’s Secret Service,’ and in 1973, they all moved to the US. She has a younger half-brother named Nick Savalas.
- After beginning her career as a model, she made her on-screen debut with the ‘ABC’ soap ‘Paper Dolls’ in September 1984. In 1985, she made her film debut in Rob Reiner’s romantic comedy ‘The Sure Thing.’ Sheridan soon became a known name, playing the role of the pretty and devious ‘Paige Matheson’ in the ‘CBS’ soap opera ‘Knots Landing’ (1986) and continued as a regular till the end of the series in 1993. This characterization fetched her two ‘Soap Opera Digest Awards,’ one each for ‘Outstanding Lead Actress: Prime Time’ (in 1990) and ‘Outstanding Heroine: Prime Time’ (in 1991).
- This was followed by a number of TV movies, such as ‘Somebody’s Daughter’ (1992); ‘Time to Heal’ (1994), opposite Gary Cole; ‘Virus’ (1995), based on Robin Cook’s novel ‘Outbreak’; ‘The People Next Door’ (1996), a crime-drama starring Faye Dunaway; ‘Murder in My Mind’ (1997), a science fiction featuring Stacy Keach; ‘Dead Husbands’ (1998), a romantic comedy/thriller; ‘The Spiral Staircase’ (2000), with Judd Nelson; and ‘Deadly Betrayal’ (2003). She appeared in the sitcom ‘Will & Grace’ as a guest in 2003.
- After her debut film (‘The Sure Thing’ in 1985), Sheridan’s next movie was the 1992 comedy ‘Noises Off.’ Following this, she starred opposite Leslie Nielsen in the spy comedy ‘Spy Hard’ (1996) and the martial arts comedy ‘Beverly Hills Ninja’ (1997). In 1998, she appeared in ‘I Woke up Early the Day I Died.’
- Sheridan became a well-recognized name with her portrayal of ‘Edie Britt’ in popular ‘ABC’ mystery/comedy–drama series ‘Desperate Housewives’ (2004). Her performance received immense appreciation and also earned her a nomination for the 2005 ‘Golden Globe Award’ for the ‘Best Supporting Actress – Series, Miniseries or TV Film.’ She also shared the ‘Screen Actors Guild Award’ for ‘Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series’ with the cast of the series.
- In November 2004, during an introductory skit on the ‘Monday Night Football,’ Sheridan appeared as ‘Britt’ with ‘NFL’ footballer Terrell Owens. This appearance caused a stir.
- Sheridan’s character was “killed” in an April 2009 episode, during the fifth season of ‘Desperate Housewives.’ Later, in April 2010, she filed a case against ‘ABC TV’ and the show’s producer-creator Marc Cherry for assault, battery, wrongful termination, and other offenses. The case continued for years. The battery charge was dismissed due to lack of evidence. Later, the court concluded that Sheridan was not wrongfully dismissed.
- Sheridan has also worked as a voice actor in the animated series ‘The Legend of Tarzan’ (2001), ‘Fly Me to the Moon’ (2008), and ‘Noah’s Ark: The New Beginning’ (as ‘Zenna,’ 2012). After appearing in ‘Hallmark Channel’s 2011 movie ‘Honeymoon for One,’ she co-produced and starred in their next film, ‘The Christmas Spirit’ (2013).
- She performed in the indie comedy movies ‘Jewtopia’ (2012) and ‘Let’s Kill Ward’s Wife’ (2014). In 2017, Sheridan joined ‘Dynasty,’ a revival of the popular series of the 1980s, as ‘Alexis Carrington.’ Her performance in the series was appreciated.
- Sheridan began dating singer-actor Leif Garrett at 15 and lived for 6 years at his family’s home. On September 7, 1991, she married actor Harry Hamlin. The marriage ended in 1992.
- In 1992, she got into a relationship with singer-songwriter Michael Bolton, which lasted for 5 years. After dating Swedish trainer-actor Nicklas Söderblom for a while, she got engaged to him in 2004. They broke off the engagement in October 2005. She revived her relationship with Bolton later and got engaged to him in March 2006. They canceled the engagement in August 2008.
- In December 2015, she married Aaron Phypers. They separated in July 2016. Their divorce was finalized in August 2018.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed