Sun Sign: Cancer
Also Known As: Nichkhun Buck Horvejkul
Born Country: United States
Born in: Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States
Famous as: Rapper
father: Teeragiat Horvejkul
mother: Yenjit Horvejkul
siblings: Nachjaree Horvejkul, Nichan Horvejkul, Nichthima Horvejkul
U.S. State: California
Nichkhun Buck Horvejkul, popularly known as Nichkhun, is a Thai-American singer, songwriter, rapper, model, and actor. He is best known as the member of a South Korean boy band called ‘2 PM.’ Despite being of foreign origin, Nichkhun is one of the most respected celebrities in the South Korean entertainment industry. Nichkhun is also an actor and has starred in television series, such as ‘One and a Half Summer’ (2014), and ‘Looking for Aurora’ (2015). He has also starred in a few movies, such as ‘Ouran High School Host Club’ (2012) and ‘Five Eagle Brothers’ (2014). His other television appearances include ‘We Got Married - Season 2’ (2010) and ‘Running Man’ (2010 to 2016).
- Nichkhun was born in California on 24 June, 1988. His parents are from Thailand, while his grandmother is from China.
- Nichkhun’s mother, Yenjit Horvejkul, is the CEO of a Thai pharmaceutical company, ‘Union Medical.’ Nichkhun comes from a wealthy family and is often called ‘Thai Prince’ by his friends.
- He has an older brother named Nichan, and two younger sisters named Nichthima (Yanin) and Nachjaree (Chereen).
- He spent a major part of his early childhood in the USA, before moving to Thailand at the age of five.
- At the age of twelve, he moved to New Zealand, and attended Wanganui Collegiate School. After a year, he returned to the USA, and finished his education from Los Osos High School, Rancho Cucamonga, California.
- He started off as a badminton coach at a high school in Rosemead, California. Later, he was spotted at a music festival by one of the managers of JYP Entertainment. He was then signed by the company for a ten year contract.
- Nichkhun went to South Korea in 2006 as a trainee. During his training period, he became a fluent speaker of Thai, English, Korean, Mandarin, French, and Japanese languages.
- He went through a rigorous physical training with 12 other trainees to get selected in either a seven-member dance group or a four-member ballad group.
- Nichkhun became a member of the boy band ‘2 PM’ on September 4, 2008. Their first single titled, ‘10 Points Out of 10 Points’ from their album, ‘Hottest Time of the Day,’ became a hit among music lovers.
- The band has released five albums in South Korea and four studio albums in Japan. Their single ‘Again and Again’ topped many music charts in and around South Korea.
- In 2008, Nichkhun released his own solo song titled ‘We Become One.’ In 2009, he released two more Thai songs titled ‘Let’s Take a Break’ and ‘Cute.’
- In 2010, he collaborated with Wilber Pan for a song titled ‘Touch’ from the album ‘808.’ In 2011, he collaborated with J.Y Park and Taecyeon and released an OST titled ‘My Valentine’ for the TV series, ‘Dream High.’
- In 2013, he released a self-composed track titled, ‘Let It Rain.’ In 2014, he collaborated with Junho and released another track titled ‘Love is True.’ The song was a part of the hit album ‘Go Crazy!’ In the same year, he released a Japanese single titled, ‘So Wonderful.’ He also released other Japanese tracks, such as ‘Miss Wonderful’ and ‘Maybe You Are.’
- In 2015, he released an OST titled ‘Wan Nun Wan Nee Wan Nhai’ for the Thai movie ‘Chalouis.’ The OST featured Taecyeon of ‘2 PM.’ On April 27, 2016, he released a track titled, ‘Girlfriend,’ along with Wooyoung of ‘2PM.’
- He made his TV debut in 2008 with MNET’s variety show ‘Hot Blood.’ He also appeared in MBC’s ‘Idol Army: Season 3’ and MNET’s ‘Wild Bunny’ in 2009.
- In 2010, he became a part of MBC’s ‘We Got Married - Season 2.’ He was also seen in SBS network’s Korean variety show ‘Running Man.’ He continued to appear in ‘Running Man’ until 2016.
- He hosted ‘Korean Music Wave’ in 2010, 2011 and 2013. In 2011, he played the lead role in a television show titled ‘Welcome to the Show.’ He also appeared in the SBS network’s variety show ‘2 PM.’
- In 2014, he played the lead role in the television drama, ‘One and a Half Summer.’ He also starred in a Japanese TV movie titled ‘The Kindaichi Case Files,’ which narrated the story of a high school student who loves to solve mysteries.
- He then worked with musicians like Jung Yong-hwa, Baro, L and Mino for the 2014 music program, ‘Gayo Daejun.’ He also ended up co-hosting the show, which was aired in SBS, along with Baro.
- In 2015, he played the lead role in yet another TV series, ‘Looking for Aurora.’ He also made appearances in other shows, such as ‘Yes Sir My Boss’ and ‘The Producers.’
- He also appeared in reality shows like ‘Oven Radio’ and ‘Ok. Jang. Khun Recipe.’ He then became a part of a Chinese music reality show titled ‘Youth Trainee.’
- In 2016, he made a cameo appearance in the second episode of ‘Kidzaa Academy.’ In 2017, he was roped in among the main cast of the television drama, ‘Magic School.’ He also appeared in a variety show titled ‘2 PM Wild Beat in Australia.’
- He first acted in a Japanese live-action film titled ‘Ouran High School Host Club.’ In the 2012 movie, he played the role of Lawrence, the President of a Singaporean corporation. He then appeared in the Thai film ‘Seven Something,’ which narrates an interesting love story.
- In 2012, he also starred in ‘Beyond the ONE DAY,’ which is the story of his band ‘2PM.’ In 2014, he appeared in ‘Five Eagle Brothers’ as a policeman.
- In 2015, he made cameo appearances in ‘Chalouis’ and ‘Forever Young.’
- In 2009, he won Hot Mr. Beauty Award at MNET 20’s Choice Awards. He also won the PR Ambassador Award which was presented to him by Tourism Authority of Thailand.
- In the year 2010, he won MBC Entertainment’s Popularity Award, along with Victoria Sang for ‘We Got Married.’ He also won the Diamond Award with Chansung at the Korea Jewelry Awards.
- In 2011, he won The Most Charming Boy award at Mnet’s Media Awards.
- In 2012, he won the Eye Candy Award at BK Film Awards and got nominated at the 6th Nine Entertainment Award (Thailand) for ‘Seven Something.’ He was nominated under the category, Most Popular Celebrity.
- In 2013, he won the 9 Idols of the King award at The Goodness Idol Thailand Awards.
- In 2015, he won UNICEF Thailand Award. At the Thailand Zocial Awards 2015, he was ranked number one under ‘Thailand Twitter Ranking’ and number two under ‘The Most Mentioned in Thailand on Twitter.’ He has more than three million followers on Twitter.
- In 2016, he won the Thailand Headlines Person of the Year Award at the IME Chinese Online Media Popular Awards. He also won Male God of the Year at the China Weibo Awards.
- He was in a relationship with ‘Girls’ Generation’ member Tiffany. But they broke up after being together for more than a year. He is single as of now.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed