Natalya Neidhart Biography
Sun Sign: Gemini
Also Known As: Natalie Katherine Neidhart-Wilson
Born Country: Canada
Born in: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Famous as: Professional Wrestler
Spouse/Ex-: Tyson Kidd (m. 2013)
father: Jim Neidhart
mother: Elizabeth Hart
City: Calgary, Canada
education: Bishop Carroll High School
Natalya Neidhart is a Canadian-American professional wrestler who belongs to the much famed and celebrated Hart wrestling family. Trained in the Hart family dungeon, it was only natural for Natalya to come out as one of the most promising wrestlers of the current generation. Currently signed to WWE under the ring name Natalya, her wrestling career began way back in 2003 with the Stamped Wrestling. In 2005, she won the inaugural Stampede Women's Pacific Championship and in 2006 the SuperGirls Championship. Her brilliance at the sport and her inherent talent for it did not remain hidden from the WWE fraternity who soon enrolled her in. After spending early years at Deep South Wrestling, Ohio Valley Wrestling, and Florida Championship Wrestling (FCW) developmental territories, in 2008 she debuted at the main roster as Natalya Neidhart. In 2010, she won the WWE Divas Championship and later in 2013, was featured as one of the main cast of the Total Divas reality television show produced by WWE and E!
- Natalya Neidhart was born on May 27, 1982 to Jim Neidhart and Ellie Hart. His father is an American retired profession wrestler. She has two sisters; Jennifer and Kristen. Jennifer is elder to Natalya and is a gourmet chef and caterer.
- Natalya’s maternal grandfather and legendary wrestler Stu Hart became her inspiration early in life.
- She attended Vincent Massey junior High School and Bishop Carroll High School and completed his schooling in 2000.
- Natalya became the first woman in her family to receive professional wrestling training in the Hart Dungeon, the family mansion. She trained in amateur wrestling and mixed martial arts.
- In 2003, Natalya started working for the Hart Family’s own promotion Stampede Wrestling. She started a feud with Belle Lovitz which lasted long. She also wrestled abroad in countries like England, Canada and Japan. In 2005, she won the inaugural Stampede Women's Pacific Champion.
- In 2006 Extreme Canadian Championship Wrestling, Natalya won the SuperGirls Championship from Lisa Moretti at a show held by NWA: Extreme Canadian Championship Wrestling in Newark, California. Next she competed in the Great Canadian Wrestling tournament where she finished second.
- Natalya’s last match for Stampede Wrestling was on January, 2007. Thereafter she signed with World Wrestling Entertainment WWE. Previously assigned to developmental territory, Natalya was transferred to Florida Championship Wrestling (FCW) and later to Ohio Valley Wrestling (OVW). At OVW, she won a battle royal.
- Natalya made her debut at the Next Generation Hart Foundation for tag team matches. She continued to make appearances in FCW and even debuted on SmackDown. She even competed at the FCW Florida Tag Team Championship.
- In April 2008, Natalya made her roster debut as a villain in a match against Michelle McCool. Meanwhile, she made an alliance with Victoria. Natalya made her television in-ring debut against Cherry. She defeated Cherry easily following her sharpshooter submission move.
- In October 2008, Natalya formed an alliance with Victoria. The two fought against Maria and Brie for an episode of SmackDown!, against Michelle McCool, Maria and Brie during a Divas Halloween costume tag team match, and against the Bella Twins. The wrestlers later ended their association as Victoria retired from the company.
- Despite being a member of the SmackDown brand, Natalya made her debut at Extreme Championship Wrestling (ECW) in February 2009. Her first match was against Alicia Fox whom she defeated easily. She then competed at the WrestleMania XXV but lost to Santina Marella. Later, she became an official member of the ECW brand.
- For an episode of ECW, Natalya was joined by her cousins David Hart Smith and Kidd. The trio were referred to as The Hart Trilogy but were later called The Hart Dynasty. In June 2009, Natalya along with other members of The Hart Dynasty was traded back to SmackDown.
- Upon her return to SmackDown, Natalya’s first match was in a six-person mixed tag team match against Cryme Tyme (JTG and Shad Gaspard) and Eve Torres whom she defeated convincingly. At the Bragging Rightd pay-per-view, she was a member of the winning team of SmackDown Divas who defeated the Raw Divas.
- Together with other members of The Hart Dynasty, Natalya appeared at the WrestleMania XXVI. The Hart Dynasty went on to win the Unified WWE Tag Team Championship from The Miz and The Big Show. Following this, Natalya was drafted to the Raw brand.
- In June 2010, Natalya and The Hart Dynasty defeated Tamina and The Uso brothers in a six-person mixed tag team match. Later, at the Money in the Bank match, she helped The Hart Dynasty retain the championship against The Usos. It was at the Night of Champions that The Hart Dynasty finally lost to tag Team Championship in a Tag Team Turmoil match.
- In September 2010, Natalya started her singles competition run. She won the battle royal which helped her become number 1 contender of the WWE Unified Divas Championship. She defeated McCool and Layla to bag the WWE Divas Championship title for the first time. She successfully defended her title against Lay Cool but finally lost it to Eve. Later, she unsuccessfully challenged Brie Bella for Divas Championship.
- In 2011, she paired with Beth Phoenix for fight for the Divas Championship title. Calling themselves ‘Divas of Doom’, the duo fought against The Chickbusters, Kelly Kelly and Eve Torres successfully. They then participated in the tag team match pinning Kelly Kelly. Natalya assisted Phoenix in a title match against Kelly which Phoenix ultimately won to bag her first WWE Divas Championship.
- Starting November 2011, the Divas of Doom went on winning streak, defeating the Chickbusters AJ and Kaitlyn first in tag team match later in singles match. They yet again defeated the Chickbusters in SmackDown. At the Royal Rumble, the Divas of Doom in an eight tag team match alongside Bella Twins, defeated the team of Eve Torres, Kelly Kelly, Alicia Fox, and Tamina.
- In July 2013, a reality show, ‘Total Divas’, was launched. During the show, Natalya Neidhart fought with the Bella Twins. She recorded victory in singles match, both in Raw and SummerSlam. She then collaborated with The Great Khali for a mixed tag team match which the duo lost.
- Natalya pinned AJ in a tag team match on Raw to become the number one contender in WWE Divas Championship. However, she failed to capture the title at TLC.
- In 2014, she competed at WrestleMania XXX for the WWE Divas Championship but lost to AJ Lee. In mid-2014, Natalya accompanied her husband, Tyson Kidd, to the ring. He often used her as a distraction to win the matches.
- In February 2015, Natalya and Kidd started a feud with Naomi and Jimmy Uso which they lost. Later she served as the manager for Kidd and Cesaro team who went on to win the WWE Tag Team Championship at Fastlane. The trio repeated the success at the WrestleMania 31, thus retaining their Tag Team championship title.
- When not serving as a manager to Kidd, Natalya competed in numerous single matches including for Nikki Bella’s Divas Championship. She defeated Alicia Fox in an episode of SmackDown but lost to Cameron in a triple threat match. When Kidd suffered from a major neck injury, Natalya took a hiatus from wrestling.
- Natalya returned to the ring in September 2015 losing her first match to Charlotte but winning the one against Paige. Later she started a feud with Team B.A.D comprising of Naomi Tamina and Sasha. She took revenge from Naomi and Tamani by defeating the two in singles matches
- A broken ankle kept Natalya out of action during the last months of 2015. She returned to WWE television in January 2016 and competed in various singles and tag team matches.
- At WrestleMania 32, a 10-Diva tag team match was announced of which Natalya was a part of. Initially, Natalya's team won after Naomi submitted to Brie Bella. Next, she challenged Charlotte for a WWE Women’s Championship match which she lost.
- In July 2016, Natalya was drafted to SmackDown as a part of the 2016 WWE draft. After a couple of losses to Becky Lynch and Carmella, she teamed with Alexa Bliss. But the duo lost to Carmella and Lynch. She was then absorbed in a six-woman tag team for SummerSlam where her team ultimately won the match at the pay-per-view.
- In September 2016, Natalya competed in a six-pack elimination challenge to determine the inaugural WWE SmackDown Women's Champion. First, she ousted Naomi but later was eliminated by Nikki Bella.
- In January 2017, Natalya faced Nikki Bella in singles competition at the Elimination Chamber pay-per-view. The match ended in a double count-out at the event. In the February edition of the Falls Count Anywhere match at SmackDown live, the two ended their feud. The match was won by Natalya.
- Outside the ring, Natalya has made her presence felt in other places as well. She appeared in eight WWE video games.
- Natalya Neidhart and TJ Wilson a.k.a. Tyson Kidd knew each other since childhood. The two dated for twelve years since 2001 finally tying the knot in June 2013. She lives in Tampa, Florida.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed