Mossimo Giannulli Biography
Sun Sign: Gemini
Born in: California
Famous as: Fashion Designer
Spouse/Ex-: Lori Loughlin (m. 1997)
children: Gianni Giannulli, Isabella Rose Giannulli, Olivia Jade Giannulli
U.S. State: California
education: University of Southern California (drop out)
Mossimo Giannulli is an American fashion designer who founded the clothing company Mossimo. He made a lot of profits and sold the company to Iconix Brand Group later on. The brand Mossimo specializes in youth clothing, particularly in stuff, such as jeans, shirts, jackets, undergarments, and accessories. With his eponymous brand, the fashion designer became quite popular all around the world. Mossimo is one of those fashion designers who have capitalized on the changing lifestyles and fashion preferences of people by providing them branded yet affordable clothes. In his personal life, the American designer is a very handsome and charming man. His youthful looks belie his age and this is the reason he is one of the favourite persons of the paparazzi. Mossimo is a devoted husband to actress Lori Loughlin and the loving father of two beautiful daughters and a son. Although he loves his fans and followers, he is not active on any social networking site as of now.
- Mossimo Giannulli founded the company Mossimo 1986 in Balboa Island, Newport Beach, California. During its first year, the company grossed $1 million and made $4 million the next year. In the year 1991, Giannulli expanded the line by including knits, sweaters, and sweatshirts. Four years later, the line expanded further when it started selling men’s tailored suits and women’s clothing.
- Within just eight years of establishment, Giannulli’s company Mossimo Inc. became a multimillion-dollar lifestyle, clothing, and accessories company. It soon began trading its stocks in the New York Stock Exchange. This made Giannulli the youngest man to have his business trading in the world’s largest stock market.
- However, in 1997, the profits started to decline and Mossimo lacked the infrastructure to keep up with the competition. Giannulli thought that the company wasn’t operating to the fullest due to the lack of technology. So, in order to derive benefits from advanced technology, he decided to merge the company with one of the giants in the textile business, Target Stores. On March 28, 2000, Mossimo announced a multi-product licensing agreement with the Target Stores, for $27.8 million. Six years later, Giannulli sold his company to Iconix Brand Group.
- The brand is currently sold in about 1,700 stores within the USA and has international franchises in the U.K., Australia, South America, Philippines, India, and Japan totalling 600 stores.
- Mossimo Giannulli was born on June 4, 1963 in Southern California, California, United States. He studied architecture and business at the University of Southern California. However, he dropped out of the university after three years.
- Talking about his love life, the fashion designer married actress Lori Loughlin in 1997 in Newport Beach. The couple has two daughters, Isabella Rose and Olivia Jade, as well as a son, Gianni. Loughlin was previously married to Michael R. Burns.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed