Misa Campo Biography
Nick Name: Michika Devieux, Misa Campo
Sun Sign: Aquarius
Born in: Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Famous as: Import Model
siblings: Jen and Marie
City: Quebec, Canada
education: High school graduate
Misa Campo is a Canadian import model and social media star currently based in Los Angeles, California. Starting out as a sports car model, she took part in Montreal Sport Compact Performance Auto Show in 2006. The same year, she won the Miss Rocawear Canada beauty pageant. In September 2006, she was featured on the ‘Maxim’ magazine as one of their “Show Us Something” girls. Since then, she started to appear regularly on a number of magazines including ‘Super Street’, ‘Version C Models Magazine’, ‘Uno’, and ‘DragSport’ magazines. She was named Model of the Month for the December 2006 issue of the DragSport magazine. In 2007, she was named IGN DVD Babe of the Day. In 2011, she appeared as a main cast in the Indonesian horror movie ‘Pacar Hantu Perawan’. She was named one of the FHM 100 Sexiest Women in 2011 and was the cover girl of FHM magazine in February 2011. In May 2013, she did a photoshoot for SSUR Lookbook Summer 2013, working with one of her favorite photographers, Van Styles. While she is known as one of the most famous car shows models, she also supports charitable causes and took part in Team District 10's 8th Annual Breast Cancer Awareness Fundraiser Car Show in October 2014.
- Misa Campo started her career as a bartender, working at the exclusive Jet and System Night Club in Montreal. During this time, she was offered modeling jobs after being spotted by her boss, who encouraged her to try her luck at modeling. She initially modeled for Montreal’s annual racing car show Sport Compact Performance, one of the biggest sports car shows in Canada. However, in 2006, she started to compete on beauty pageants and eventually became Miss Rocawear Canada 2006. She then moved to California to further her modeling career and became a bartender at a club in Los Angeles, while still looking for modeling opportunities. Her modeling career skyrocketed after she posed for a number of prestigious magazines like Maxim and DragSport.
- After her initial success as a model, Misa Campo, in 2008, decided to move to Japan with the ambition of becoming a singing star. While her entry into the Japanese music industry was not announced by any prominent record label, she herself announced through her personal blog that she has signed a record deal with a Japanese record label. The next year, she moved to Japan for an initial 6-month stay to consolidate her new career. She was touted as a replacement for another import model of Filipino descent, named Leah Dizon, who moved from America to Japan in 2006 to become a singer. After Dizon decided to take a break, her fans started to think of Campo as an alternative. While she was part Asian by birth (Filipino), she didn't know Japanese at all, but hoped to learn the language during her stay like her predecessor Dizon. However, she eventually moved back to Canada as her new career didn't make much of an impression.
- Misa Campo soon started her social media journey by creating accounts on various social media platforms like Twitter, Instagram and later YouTube. She is particularly known for the risqué pictures she shares on her Instagram profile, which helped her in increasing her popularity on social media manifold. She has already modeled for many magazines and has been featured on many entertainment websites; but she would like to be a Sports Illustrated swimsuit model in the future.
- Misa Campo, birth name Michika Devieux, was born on January 28, 1988, in Montréal, Quebec, Canada. She was born to a Filipino father and a Dutch mother. At the age of two, she moved to Newport Beach in California to live with her father. She spent much of her childhood in Newport Beach, but moved back to Montréal at the age of 10. There she lived with her mother and two sisters, named Jen and Marie. She continued to travel between Montréal and California for some time. She even moved to Japan for a while to pursue a singing career, but later returned back to Canada. She currently lives in Los Angeles, California. She has reportedly dated Max Linder for some time.
- According to Campo, she did not particularly enjoy her high school life. She was a mediocre student and used to skip a lot of classes, which resulted in her being expelled from school a number of times. She reenrolled many times and managed to graduate with descent grades. She thinks that she probably had the worst teachers at school, and hardly made enough friends. However, she also remembers that she has made a couple good friends during her school life who remained close to her in the following years.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed