Mikey Foster Biography
Mikey Foster is an American singer-songwriter, rapper, and musician. He is one part of the pop duo Social House. A native of Pennsylvania, Foster met his music partner Charles "Scootie" Anderson, in Pittsburgh, and they subsequently relocated to Los Angeles, California. They were employed at the same production studio. They started their careers as artists by composing music for other artists. They attempted to find success as solo artists but that did not work out. Encouraged by well-wishers, they created Social House sometime in 2018 and named it after the WIFI network of the house in which they resided. In June 2018, they put out their debut single ‘Magic in the Hamptons’. Their first extended play, ‘Everything Changed...’ is set to release in August 2019. The duo has garnered widespread attention for their collaboration with pop star Ariana Grande on the song ‘Boyfriend’. It is speculated that Foster and Grande are currently dating.
- Mikey Foster was born in Pennsylvania, USA and predominantly grew up in Pittsburgh. Little else is known about his family and upbringing. The other half of Social House, Charles Anderson, is also from Pittsburgh.
- Mikey Foster and Charles Anderson met while they were both living in Pittsburgh. They subsequently moved to Los Angeles and were hired by the same production studio. At the beginning of their careers, they wrote lyrics and made music for other artists, including Ariana Grande, Meghan Trainor, Jennifer Lopez, Chris Brown, Steve Malcolm, and NCT 127. After failing to find much success in their respective solo careers, they were advised by their peers to form a music duo together. Social House, named for the WIFI network of the house in which they stayed, began operating in 2018. That year, they agreed to do a joint venture between the labels Scooter Braun, TBHits, and Interscope Records.
- On June 8, 2018, Social House put out their first single, ‘Magic in the Hamptons’, featuring Lil Yachty. The song has since been streamed on Spotify tens of millions of times and reached the 97th spot on the Canadian Hot 100 chart. They released their next single, ‘Higher’, on September 28, 2018. Their third single, ‘Haunt You’, was released on April 14, 2019.
- At present, Social House, is serving as the opening act on Grande’s Sweetener World Tour. On August 2, 2019, they put out the product of their latest collaboration, a single titled ‘Boyfriend’. The music video for the song was released simultaneously on the same day. The duo’s debut EP, ‘Everything Changed...’ is slated to be released through Republic Records on 9 August 2019.
- Mikey Foster and Charles Anderson have produced several other Grande’s songs, including ‘Knew Better/Forever Boy’, ‘Knew Better Part Two’, ‘True Love’, ‘December’, ‘Wit It This Christmas’, ‘Thank U, Next’, and ‘7 Rings’. They have collaborated with Chris Brown on ‘Rock Your Body’, DJ Khaled on ‘Forgive Me Father’, Lecrae on ‘sidelines’, Megan Trainor on ‘Friends’, and Njomza on ‘Perfect Fit’, ‘Someone Like Me’, and ‘Poison’.
- In the music video for their song ‘Boyfriend’, Mikey Foster and Ariana Grande portrayed jealous lovers, kissing each other for their fans to see. This has given way to rumours that the two are dating. According to an article published in The Blast, they have been enjoying each other’s company and want to see where it leads. However, they are apparently far from being in an actual relationship and “just feeling things out.”
- Grande previously was in a relationship with comedian and actor Pete Davidson. Her most recent album, ‘Thank U, Next’, was released not long after their very public split. Furthermore, the pop star has lost her former boyfriend Mac Miller, who passed away due to an accidental overdose on September 7, 2018.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed