Michael Provost is an American film and TV actor, best known for his portrayal of ‘Brick Armstrong’ in the ‘Netflix’ series ‘Insatiable.’ He was born and raised in Atlanta, Georgia, and made his first on-screen appearance as a boy prodigy in the movie ‘Anonymous.’ He later relocated to Los Angeles to make his childhood dream of becoming an actor come true. He initially appeared in the movies ‘Columbus,’ ‘Being Dexter,’ and ‘Elbow Grease.’ He also appeared in the TV series ‘Reed Between the Lines,’ ‘Six,’ and ‘Chance’ in his early career. Of late, he has appeared as ‘Shannon’ in the ‘Netflix’ high-school romantic drama ‘#REALITYHIGH’ and as ‘Jason Spencer’ in the Hulu TV series ‘Chance.’ He then bagged a career-defining role in the ‘Netflix’ comedy–drama series ‘Insatiable,’ after which he appeared as ‘Parker’ in the drama film ‘Saving Zoë.’ He currently lives in Los Angeles, California, to pursue his acting career and is close to his parents and four brothers. He is fond of biking and rock climbing and often goes out trekking with his friends. He is a youth sensation in the US and has a global fan base. He is on the threshold of a bright career.
- Michael James Provost was born on January 24, 1998, in Atlanta, Georgia, US. He is the third-eldest of five brothers. He was raised in a close-knit family. He is of French, Canadian, Scottish, and Irish descent.He took keen interest in outdoor activities and performing arts since his early school days. Following his high-school graduation, he was determined to make a career as an actor.His first on-screen appearance was as a boy prodigy in ‘Anonymous,’ a movie about William Shakespeare. He was 13 years old at that time. He also appeared in the TV series ‘Reed Between the Lines.’ This was followed by a role in the short film ‘Columbus’ in 2013. He had the support of his parents who encouraged him by relocating to Los Angeles to make his dream come true.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- Michael appeared in a number of short films during his early career as a teenager. Between 2014 and 2015, he appeared as ‘Reggie Jones’ in the TV film ‘The Novice’ and as ‘Jared’ in the short film ‘Memorial Day.’ He also appeared as ‘Vince’ in the short film ‘Being Dexter.’ Although he initially had minor roles to play, his performances received positive reviews. This helped him gain a foothold in the entertainment industry.He appeared as ‘Shannon’ in the ‘Netflix’ high-school romantic drama ‘#REALITYHIGH,’ alongside Keith Powers, and as ‘Jason Spencer’ in two episodes of the ‘Hulu’ TV series ‘Chance’ in 2017. He also appeared in the movie ‘The Case for Christ’ the same year. By then, he had gained a significant fan base. He got his big break in 2018, when he played the lead role of ‘Brick Armstrong’ in the ‘Netflix’ comedy–drama series ‘Insatiable,’ created by Lauren Gussis. His performance made him an overnight teenage sensation and the darling of his fans.The series was initially dragged into controversy over its flawed portrayal of overweight people. However, the series soon gained popularity. It also featured Debby Ryan, Alyssa Milano, and Irene Choi. He also appeared as ‘Justin’ in ‘Six.’ He stole the hearts of his fans with this role.Michael Provost has appeared in a number of other popular movies such as ‘Elbow Grease,’ ‘Barely Lethal,’ and ‘Hear No Evil.’ He has proved himself to be a versatile and talented actor. One of his recent appearances was in the supporting role of ‘Parker’ in the drama film ‘Saving Zoë,’ directed by Jeffrey G, which is an adaption of Alyson Noel’s bestselling novel.Provost has created a niche for himself in the entertainment world at the tender age of 20. He is at the threshold of a bright career in the entertainment industry.Major Works
- Some of his noteworthy movies are ‘Anonymous’ (2011), ‘Columbus’ (2013), ‘The Novice’ (2914), ‘Being Dexter’ (2015), ‘Elbow Grease’ (2016), ‘The Case for Christ’ (2017), ‘#REALITYHIGH’ (2017), and ‘Saving Zoë’ (2018).Some of his prominent TV projects have been ‘Reed Between the Lines’ (2011), ‘Six’ (2017), ‘Chance’ (2017), and ‘Insatiable’ (2018).Personal Life
- Provost is an outdoorsy person and is fond of biking and trekking. He is also an avid rock climber and often goes out trekking with his friends. He was part of an online campaign to help raise funds to rescue an elephant called Thong Kam in Krabi, Thailand, and has supported various animal rights movements.He has a large fan base on social media. Although he has a lot of admirers, he is still single and not in a serious relationship with anyone. He adores Kevin Spacey and Charlize Theron and aspires to be like them.He currently lives in Los Angeles, California, to pursue his acting career. His success on ‘Netflix’ has made him a popular figure in his neighborhood. He is close to his parents and brothers and has uploaded several photographs with them on social media.Trivia
- He acted as a body double for Asa Butterfield in the science-fiction film ‘Ender’s Game’ in 2013. The film featured stars such as Harrison Ford and Hailee Steinfeld.‘Insatiable’ was said to be inspired by the life of real-life lawyer and top beauty pageant coach Bill Alverson.
How To CiteArticle Title- Michael Provost BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/michael-provost-42506.phpLast Updated- October 13, 2018
People Also Viewed