Sun Sign: Leo
Born in: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Famous as: Actor
father: Ted Elston
mother: Kelsey Bell Elston
siblings: Georgia Cook, Lane Cook, Lilly Cook
U.S. State: Oklahoma
City: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Mason Cook is an American actor, best known for his role as Cecil Wilson in the 2011 spy adventure comedy film, ‘Spy Kids: All the Time in the World.’ Cook further became popular after landing the main role in the popular sitcom TV series ‘Speechless.’ In 2015, Mason Cook was nominated at the prestigious ‘Daytime Emmy Award’ for his outstanding work in the award-winning children television series, ‘The Haunting Hour.’ He has starred alongside world renowned actors like Jim Carrey, Johnny Depp, Olivia Wilde, and Steve Carel. Apart from acting, Mason Cook is also known for his work as an activist. He serves as celebrity ambassador for a couple of charity organizations and often takes part in events organized by nonprofit organizations.
- Mason Cook was born on July 25, 2000, in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA. He was raised along with his three siblings, namely Lilly, Lane, and Georgia. He went to ‘Nichols Hills Elementary School,’ where he discovered his passion for acting. When he was still fairly young, he made up his mind to become an actor, which eventually landed him his debut role in the 2008 sitcom television series ‘According to Jim.’In ‘According to Jim’ his role went largely unnoticed, but Cook learnt a lot about acting as he worked closely with popular actors and technicians. In 2009, he landed his first major role when he played Casey in one of the episodes of popular medical drama, ‘Grey’s Anatomy.’ Cook also received his breakthrough role in 2009, when he played a recurring role in the sitcom, ‘The Middle.’Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- Though Mason Cook had started his career in the year 2008, he gained prominence as an actor only in 2009, when he got to play ‘Corey’ in ‘The Middle.’ Over the next four years, he was seen in 20 episodes of ‘The Middle,’ which increased his popularity. In 2010, he was seen in another sitcom, ‘Raising Hope,’ in which he played an 8-year-old child named Jimmy Chance.Mason Cook made his big screen debut in the year 2011, when he portrayed Cecil Wilson in the spy adventure comedy flick, ‘Spy Kids: All the Time in the World.’ This turned out to be one of his most prominent roles as he was nominated for ‘Young Artist Award’ under the ‘Best Performance in a Feature Film’ category.In 2011, he was also seen in a couple of television series, such as ‘Criminal Minds’ and ‘Victorious.’ The following year, he was seen working in multiple projects, including Disney’s direct-to-DVD film ‘Treasure Buddies’ and the famous television drama ‘Desperate Housewives.’ The year 2012 proved a busy one for him as he was seen in several television series, including ‘Mockingbird Lane’ and ‘The Cleveland Show.’In 2013, Mason Cook got an opportunity to star alongside world renowned actors, such as Jim Carrey, Steve Carel, and Johnny Depp. He was first seen in a comedy film titled ‘The Incredible Burt Wonderstone,’ which starred Jim Carrey and Steve Carel. In the film, he played the younger version of Steve Carel’s character. He then went on to star alongside Johnny Depp in the critically acclaimed action movie, ‘The Lone Ranger.’He appeared in a couple of recurring roles in 2014. Firstly, he played Aiden Odum in seven episodes of ‘Legends’ and then appeared as Tyler Stansfield in ‘The Goldbergs.’ His role in ‘The Goldbergs’ extended for two years, starting from 2014. He played a couple of other important roles in several series, including ‘New Girl’ and ‘R.L. Stine’s The Haunting Hour.’In 2015, Mason Cook was nominated at the prestigious ‘Daytime Emmy Award’ for his outstanding work in the award-winning children television series, ‘The Haunting Hour.’ He was nominated under ‘Outstanding Performer in a Children’s Series’ category. In the same year, he got an opportunity to play an important role in ‘If There Be Thorns,’ a television film based on a best-selling novel of the same name. He also lent his voice in the animated TV series ‘Steven Universe’ and was then seen in a fantasy procedural drama TV series titled ‘Grimm.’In 2016, he landed one of the most prominent roles of his career, when he was chosen to play Raymond ‘Ray’ DiMeo in the sitcom television series, ‘Speechless.’ The series, which was created by Scott Silveri, was first aired on ABC network on September 21, 2016. In the series, Cook plays a recurring role of a slender and nerdy guy named Ray.Continue Reading BelowOther Major Works
- Apart from acting Mason Cook is also known for his work as an activist. He serves as celebrity ambassador for a couple of nonprofit organizations, including ‘Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation’ and ‘Shane’s Inspiration.’ On July 14, 2018, he was seen at an event organized by ‘The Children’s Hyundai Cancer Institute Oncology’ (CHOC). The event, which was a promenade dance, was organized to honor current and former cancer patients. In the event, Mason Cook was seen along with actress and singer Selena Gomez.Personal Life
- Mason Cook is close to his siblings – Lilly, Lane, and Georgia. He often hangs around with them and posts their pictures on his social media pages. Both his sisters are no strangers to the field of entertainment. While Lilly is a model, Georgia is an actress.He enjoys spending time with his pet dog, Baxter. Cook enjoys BMX-biking, snowboarding, skateboarding and surfing. He also likes playing soccer and video games.Mason Cook is active on various social media platforms. His social media posts display his love for travelling as he is often seen exploring exotic places.Cook currently lives in Los Angeles. His family shifted from Oklahoma City to Los Angeles to support his acting endeavors.Trivia
- Cook’s great-great-great-grandfather, Simon Pollard Hughes, Jr., had served the government of Arkansas as the state’s governor from 1885 to 1889.One of his ancestors, John A. Roebling, the popular Prussian-born engineer, is known for designing the famous Brooklyn Bridge in New York City, New York.
How To CiteArticle Title- Mason Cook BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/mason-cook-41815.phpLast Updated- August 14, 2018
People Also Viewed