Marcos Alonso Mendoza
Marcos Alonso Mendoza is a Spanish footballer, best known for representing notable clubs, such as ‘Chelsea FC,’ ‘Real Madrid,’ and ‘ACF Fiorentina.’ Marcos, who was born into a family of footballers, started his career with ‘Real Madrid’ and eventually found a way to play for the famous English club ‘Chelsea.’ He was first noticed on February 22, 2008, while playing for ‘Real Madrid B,’ which is the club’s reserve team. He continued playing for ‘Real Madrid’ until he was signed by ‘Bolton Wanderers’ in 2010. He made his first appearance for ‘Bolton Wanderers’ playing against ‘Southampton FC’ in August 2010. In 2013, he signed a three-year contract with Italy’s ‘Fiorentina.’ In 2016, he struck a five-year contract worth £24 million with ‘Chelsea FC.’ In 2011, he was arrested for ramming his car into a wall, killing a young woman. He was said to be driving under the influence when the accident took place. Initially, he was sentenced to 21 months in prison, but was later charged with a heavy fine. Also, he was banned from driving for three years and four months.
- Marcos was born on December 28, 1990, in Madrid, Spain. His grandfather, Marcos Alonso Imaz, played for ‘Real Madrid’ for eight years, while his father, Marcos Alonso Pena, played for top Spanish football clubs, including ‘FC Barcelona’ and ‘Atletico Madrid.’Since Marcos was born into a family of footballers, it was easy for him to follow in the footsteps of his grandfather and father. He joined the junior football team of ‘Real Madrid’ at a young age and began training with the team before starting his senior career with the same club.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Early Career
- He was first noticed on February 22, 2008, while playing for ‘Real Madrid B.’ However, he couldn’t score during the game and his team eventually suffered a loss against ‘AD Alcorcon.’ On December 11, 2009, he got an opportunity to play a ‘La Liga’ match for ‘Valencia CF.’He finally made his mainstream debut on April 4, 2010, playing as a substitute for Gonzalo Higuain, but he couldn’t display his skills to the fullest as he entered the field at the 90th minute of the game.Career
- On July 27, 2010, he was signed by the English club ‘Bolton Wanderers.’ On August 24, he made his debut for the club and contributed to the team’s 1-0 win against ‘Southampton FC.’On January 1, 2011, he played his first league match against ‘Liverpool.’ On March 31, 2012, he scored his first goal for ‘Bolton Wanderers’ and contributed to the team’s 3-2 win against ‘Wolverhampton Wanderers.’After three years, he left ‘Bolton Wanderers’ to join ‘ACF Fiorentina.’ In May 2013, he was signed by the Italian football club for a three-year contract. He went ahead with the contract, even as ‘Bolton Wanderers’ tried its best to retain him.On December 30, 2013, it was announced that he will join ‘Sunderland AFC’ on loan. By the time he played his first match for ‘Sunderland AFC,’ Marcos had already made nine appearances for ‘ACF Fiorentina.’He played his first official match for ‘Sunderland’ on January 7, 2014, against ‘Manchester United.’ He played well and contributed in his team’s 2-1 win against one of the strongest football clubs. He even bagged the ‘Man of the Match’ award, which was given to him by ‘Sky Sports.’Continue Reading BelowOn March 2, 2014, he played in the final game of the ‘League Cup.’ However, he couldn’t save his team from a 1-3 loss against ‘Manchester City.’ Thereafter, he started making regular appearances for the club and also contributed towards the team’s success as ‘Sunderland’ became one of the top football clubs in the world.He then returned to ‘ACF Fiorentina’ and scored his first goal for the club playing against ‘A.S. Roma’ on March 19, 2015. His goal helped his team secure a 3-0 win at the ‘UEFA Europa League.’ He appeared in more than 80 matches for ‘ACF Fiorentina’ during a three-year contract.When his contract expired, Marcos was presented with a great opportunity to play for ‘Chelsea FC,’ one of the top teams in the world. On August 30, 2016, he struck a five-year contract worth £24 million with ‘Chelsea FC.’He moved to England and made his debut for ‘Chelsea’ on September 20, 2016, at the ‘EFL Cup.’ His first match for the club turned out to be great for him as he played the entire match and contributed to the team’s 4-2 win against ‘Leicester City.’ In their next match, his team suffered a 0-3 defeat at the hands of ‘Arsenal.’On November 5, 2016, Marcos scored his first goal for ‘Chelsea’ against ‘Everton FC’ at Stamford Bridge. On January 14, 2017, he scored two more goals in a 3-0 win against ‘Leicester’ at the ‘King Power Stadium.’Thanks to his impressive performances, his name was included in the Spanish national team for exhibition matches against Germany and Argentina.Awards & Achievements
- On January 7, 2014, Marcos bagged the ‘Man of the Match’ award, which was presented to him by ‘Sky Sports’ for his impressive performance against ‘Manchester United.’At the end of the 2012-13 season, he was voted ‘player of the year’ by ‘The Bolton News.’Personal Life
- On May 2, 2011, he rammed his car into a wall, which resulted in the death of a 19-year-old woman. According to reports, he was driving at a speed of 70 mph in a 30 mph zone. He was also driving under the influence when the accident took place.In February 2016, he was sentenced to 21 months in prison. However, the punishment was later reduced as he was asked to cough up a fine of €61,000. Also, he was banned from driving for three years and four months.
How To CiteArticle Title- Marcos Alonso Mendoza BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/marcos-alonso-mendoza-22865.phpLast Updated- March 30, 2018
People Also Viewed