Madison Davenport Biography
Sun Sign: Scorpio
Also Known As: Madison Danielle Davenport
Born in: San Antonio, Texas, United States
Famous as: Actress
siblings: Gage Davenport
City: San Antonio, Texas
U.S. State: Texas
Madison Davenport is an American actor and singer who started her entertainment career as a child performer in film and TV projects. She initially specialized in family-oriented roles. She was vocally oriented from the beginning and placed a strong emphasis on voice acting. She has appeared in over 40 films and TV series so far, including an episode of the popular ‘Netflix’ science-fiction anthology series ‘Black Mirror.’ Best known for voicing the role of ‘Quillo, the Porcupine’ in the 2006 ‘Dreamworks Animation’ film ‘Over the Hedge,’ she has also lent her voice to the video-game adaptation of the film. Over the years, she has transitioned into more adult roles and has starred in major Hollywood productions alongside stalwarts such as Russell Crowe, Emma Watson, and Anthony Hopkins. One of her most memorable on-screen appearances so far has been her role of ‘Kate Fuller’ in ‘From Dusk till Dawn: The Series.’ She also starred in the live-action comedy ‘Kit Kittredge: An American Girl.’ Madison has since continued to maintain a consistent presence on TV, appearing in series such as ‘Shameless’ and ‘Save Me.’ She has been nominated for two prestigious awards and has won one of them.
- Madison Danielle Davenport was born on November 22, 1996, in San Antonio, Texas. She grew up with her younger brother, Gage Davenport, who is reportedly an aspiring actor, too.
- Being a Texan, she is bilingual and can speak Spanish.
- Madison’s career as a screen and voice actor began at the tender age of 9, with a small role in the critically acclaimed ‘Conversations with Other Women’ (2005). This tiny break paved her way for much bigger things.
- Appearances in popular TV series such as ‘Numb3rs’, ‘Close to Home’, ‘CSI: New York’, ‘Shameless,’ and ‘Hot Properties’ followed.
- 2006 brought her Hollywood fame, with her voicing the character of ‘Quillo,’ one of the porcupines in the animation film ‘Over the Hedge.’ The movie also starred Bruce Willis and Steve Carell.
- She bagged roles in several other films and series the same year, including a guest role in the long-running TV crime drama ‘Bones.’ The series featured her as a little girl helping ‘Temperance Brennan’ and ‘Seeley Booth.’
- 2007 saw her performing in the TV series ’Legion of Super Heroes’ and ‘While the Children Sleep,’ besides bagging some video-game roles and an appearance in the TV movie ‘The Sitter.’
- Soon, she was cast in films such as ‘Humboldt County,’ ‘Kit Kittredge: An American Girl,’ ‘Christmas Is Here Again’ (2007), and ‘The Attic Door’ (2009). She did a voice role for ‘Special Agent Oso’ (2009) and bagged a role in the ‘Golden Globe’-winning medical drama ‘ER.’
- She contributed to the soundtrack of ‘Christmas Is Here Again.’
- She was nominated for an ‘Annie Award’ in 2008. She won the ‘Young Artist Award’ for the ‘Best Performance in a Feature Film - Young Ensemble Cast,’ along with the rest of the cast of ‘Kit Kittredge: An American Girl,’ in 2009.
- The next few years brought bigger roles for her. The film ‘Amish Grace’ featured her as ‘Mary Beth Graber,’ a little girl who dies in the crossfire during a school shooting. She played the leading role of ‘Lindsay Westman’ in the TV movie ‘Dad’s Home.’ She also appeared as ‘Destiny’ in ‘Jack and the Beanstalk’ (2009).
- In 2011, she bagged a prominent guest role in the crime series ‘CSI: Crime Scene Investigation’ and a recurring spot in the ‘Golden Globe’-nominated drama ‘Shameless.’ The same year, she portrayed a teenage patient named ‘Iris’ in an episode of the eighth season of ‘House,’ titled ‘Dead & Buried.’
- Madison featured in a supporting role in the film ‘The Possession’ in 2012 and appeared in TV series such as ‘Criminal Minds’ and ‘Save Me’ in 2013.
- One of the biggest roles of her career came with the 2014 biblical epic ‘Noah,’ directed by ‘Academy Award’ nominee Darren Aronofsky. She played ‘Na’el,’ opposite ‘Ham’ (played by Logan Lerman), and shared screen space with Anthony Hopkins, Jennifer Connelly, Emma Watson, and Russell Crowe.
- In 2015, she portrayed the lead role of ‘Beth’ in the drama ‘A Light beneath Their Feet’ and made an appearance in the comedy ‘Sisters’ (starring Amy Poehler, Tina Fey, and Maya Rudolph). She also voiced ‘Rubi’ in the animation series ‘Muertoons’ during this period.
- She then earned the career-defining role of ‘Kate Fuller’ in Robert Rodriguez’s ‘From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series.’ She also wrote and performed the song ‘Monsters,’ featured at the end of the episode ‘Dark Side of the Sun.’
- In 2018, Madison played the role of ‘Ashley Wheeler’ in the ‘Golden Globe’-winning crime-drama miniseries ‘Sharp Objects,’ starring Amy Adams and Patricia Clarkson.
- Her latest appearance was in an episode of the fifth season of the hugely successful ‘Netflix’ original series, ‘Black Mirror,’ titled ‘Rachel, Jack and Ashley Too,’ alongside Miley Cyrus.
- She is set to star in the comedy film ‘SuperCool’ and ‘Hulu's upcoming drama series ‘Reprisal,’ later in 2019.
- As a young actor, Madison is still finding her footing in the entertainment industry. She has not revealed much about her relationship status. According to her, she is currently focusing on building a successful career.
- She has described her profession as “having an identity crisis for a living” on one of her social-media profiles.
- Madison learned to play the bass guitar over the course of just a few weeks, before shooting her scenes with Miley Cyrus, as part of her role as an angst-ridden teenage punk rocker in a ‘Black Mirror’ episode.
- Despite playing the older sister of Brandon Soo Hoo’s character in ‘From Dusk Till Dawn,’ she is actually younger than him by a year in real life.
- She is naturally blonde but dyed her hair brown for the role of ‘Ruthie Smithens’ in ‘Kit Kittredge: An American Girl.’
- Madison has about 83 thousand followers on ‘Instagram,’ 12 thousand fans on her ‘Facebook’ page, and close to 27 thousand followers on ‘Twitter.’
- She is a big fan of Lana Del Rey and the band ‘Nine Inch Nails.’
- She recently uploaded an acoustic cover version of ‘Dream a Little Dream of Me’ by Ella Fitzgerald on ‘YouTube.’
- In a recent interview, Madison expressed she was wary of the impending pervasiveness of smart technology and artificial intelligence. She spoke about how she is often taken aback by ‘Siri’s random responses on her phone.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed