Luke Combs Biography
Girlfriend: Nicole Hocking
Sun Sign: Pisces
Also Known As: Luke Albert Combs
Born Country: United States
Born in: Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Famous as: Singer-Songwriter
U.S. State: North Carolina
education: A. C. Reynolds High School, Appalachian State University
Luke Combs is an American singer-songwriter, best known for his debut studio album, ‘This One's for You,’ which was released through ‘Columbia Nashville’ on June 2, 2017. The album housed 12 tracks including Combs’ first five singles which peaked at number one position on ‘Country Airplay,’ making Luke Combs the first singer-songwriter to have his first five singles peak at number one positions on Billboard's ‘Country Airplay.’ The album received double platinum certification from ‘Recording Industry Association of America’ (RIAA), platinum certification from ‘Music Canada,’ and gold certification from the ‘Australian Recording Industry Association’ (ARIA). It also earned Combs a nomination at the 2018 ‘Billboard Music Awards’ for ‘Top Country Album.’ In 2019, Luke Combs shared the ‘CMT Performance of the Year’ award with Leon Bridges at the ‘CMT Music Awards.’ On June 11, 2019, Combs was invited to become part of the weekly American country music stage concert, ‘Grand Ole Opry.’
- Luke Albert Combs was born on March 2, 1990, in Charlotte, North Carolina, USA. At the age of eight, he moved to Asheville, North Carolina, along with his parents. He started singing at a young age and continued practicing even after entering high school.
- While studying at ‘A. C. Reynolds High School’ in Asheville, he performed with various vocal groups and also landed an opportunity to perform solo at the famous ‘Carnegie Hall’ in Manhattan, New York City. Apart from focusing on singing, he also played football at school.
- After graduating from high school, he went to ‘Appalachian State University’ in Boone, North Carolina. While attending ‘Appalachian State University,’ he came up with his first country music show, playing at the ‘Parthenon Cafe.’ Combs dropped out in his fourth year of college and moved to Nashville, Tennessee, to pursue a career in country music.
- In February 2014, Combs came up with his debut extended play (EP), ‘The Way She Rides.’ On July 1, 2014, he released his second EP ‘Can I Get an Outlaw.’ Combs’ popularity increased in 2015 when his debut single ‘Hurricane’ peaked at number 46 on Billboard’s ‘Hot Country Songs’ chart.
- He released his third extended play ‘This One's for You’ in November 2015. Subsequently, he signed a deal with ‘Sony Music Nashville,’ which re-released his single ‘Hurricane’ through ‘Columbia Nashville.’ In 2016, he appeared in the music video of ‘Hurricane,’ which was directed by Tyler Adams.
- On June 2, 2017, Combs released his debut studio album ‘This One's for You’ through ‘Columbia Nashville.’ Upon its release, the album debuted at number five and number one on ‘US Billboard 200’ and ‘US Top Country Album,’ respectively.
- In 2017, Combs was nominated at the ‘CMT Music Awards’ for ‘Breakthrough Video of the Year’ for his music video ‘Hurricane.’ He also won ‘New Artist of the Year’ award at the 2017 ‘Country Music Association Awards.’ In the same year, he also released the music video of his debut album’s second single ‘When It Rains It Pours.’
- In 2018, ‘Hurricane’ was nominated for the ‘Country Song of the Year’ award at the ‘iHeartRadio Music Awards.’ At the same award ceremony, Combs won the ‘New Country Artist of the Year’ award.
- At the 2018 ‘Billboard Music Awards,’ Combs was nominated for ‘Top Country Artist’ award, while his album ‘This One's for You’ received a nomination for ‘Top Country Album.’ At the 2018 ‘Country Music Association Awards,’ he won the ‘New Artist of the Year’ award and received a nomination for ‘Male Vocalist of the Year’ award.
- Meanwhile, he re-released ‘This One's for You’ with many bonus tracks, including ‘Beautiful Crazy’ which peaked at number one on ‘Country Airplay Chart.’ ‘Beautiful Crazy’ received double platinum certification from ‘RIAA.’ He also released a music video for ‘Beautiful Crazy’ which was directed by Peter Zavadil.
- In 2019, Luke Combs was nominated at the prestigious ‘Grammy Awards’ for ‘Best New Artist’ award. In the same year, he also received a nomination for ‘Video of the Year’ award at ‘CMT Music Awards’ and won the ‘CMT Performance of the Year’ award which he shared with popular singer-songwriter and record producer Leon Bridges.
- Combs came up with his fourth extended play ‘The Prequel’ which was released through ‘Columbia Nashville’ and ‘River House Artists’ on June 7, 2019. The EP, which has hit singles like ‘Beer Never Broke My Heart,’ debuted at number four on ‘US Billboard 200.’ It also peaked at number one and four at ‘US Top Country Albums’ and ‘Canadian Albums,’ respectively.
- In 2019, he joined hands with American country music duo Brooks & Dunn for a single titled ‘Brand New Man’ which was part of the music duo's eleventh studio album ‘Reboot.’ ‘Brand New Man’ peaked at number 30 and 42 on ‘US Hot Country’ and ‘US Country Airplay’ charts, respectively. Other Combs’ singles that debuted at ‘US Hot Country’ chart include ‘Even Though I'm Leaving,’ ‘Lovin' on You,’ ‘Refrigerator Door,’ and ‘Moon Over Mexico.’
- Apart from appearing in music videos, Luke Combs has also been featured in many popular television series. In 2017, he appeared as a guest in shows like ‘Today’ and ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’ The following year, he appeared in many TV series, such as ‘Megyn Kelly Today,’ ‘Entertainment Tonight Canada,’ ‘CMT Crossroads,’ ‘The Late Show with Stephen Colbert,’ and ‘Good Morning America.’ In 2019, he appeared as a guest in ‘The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.’
- Luke Combs is close to his parents. He attributed his success to his parents while walking the red carpet at the 2017 ‘CMA Awards’ where he was nominated for the ‘New Artist of the Year’ award.
- Combs started dating Nicole Hocking in 2016. On November 19, 2018, Combs announced his engagement to Hocking on his social media page. Hocking appears often on his social media pages, such as Instagram.
- Luke Combs is popular on social media. His Twitter page, which was created on September 13, 2009, has more than 340,000 followers. His Instagram account, where he posts videos and pictures depicting his professional and personal life, has managed to accumulate more than 1.6 million followers.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed