Sun Sign: Virgo
Born in: Santa Ana, California, United States
Famous as: Violinists
father: Stephen Stirling
mother: Diane Stirling
siblings: Brooke Passey
U.S. State: California
Lindsey Stirling is a well-known American violinist, dancer, and composer known for works such as her music video ‘Crystallize’, which became the eighth-most watched video of the year 2012. She performs many varieties of music styles including classical, pop, rock as well as electronic dance music. Her popularity started soaring following her appearance in the American reality show ‘America’s Got Talent’. When her debut self-titled studio album was released, it debuted at number 79 on the Billboard 200. She has released three studio albums so far in her career. Also known for her philanthropy, Stirling, along with the non-profit Atlanta Music Project, has helped inspire social change by providing Atlanta’s underprivileged youth the opportunity to learn and perform music in orchestras and choirs. She created two limited edition shirts and the money collected from those was contributed towards the Music Project, in order to provide fifty poor children with a proper training in music. In 2015, she completed her autobiography named ‘The Only Pirate at the Party’. It was published by Gallery Books the following year. Despite having a successful career, Stirling has been struggling with anorexia for several years. Her song ‘Shatter Me’ was the story of her struggle with her illness.
- Lindsey Stirling was born on 21 September 1986 in Santa Ana, California. She started displaying her interest in music at a tender age. Though her family was a humble one, her parents appointed a violin teacher for her and she started receiving lessons from the early age of five.She grew up in Gilbert, Arizona, where she attended Greenfield Junior High and later Mesquite High School. She was also part of a rock band named Stomp on Melvin. During her time with the band, she wrote a solo violin rock song. She often participated in competitions and won the state title of Arizona’s Junior Miss. She also won the Spirit Award in the America’s Junior Miss Finals competition.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Continue Reading BelowCareer
- Lindsey Stirling came to national popularity in 2010 through her appearance in the American reality show ‘America’s Got Talent’, where she managed to impress the judges in the initial rounds by mixing hip-hop, pop, as well as classical music on the violin. She also danced along with playing the violin, something for which she had practiced very hard.Despite the fact that she performed brilliantly, she was knocked out and failed to move towards the semi-finals. Though her unique style was quite criticized by the judges as well as many others, she continued to embrace it. She later stated in an interview that she only managed to be successful as she had stayed true to herself.In February 2012, she released the music video for her song ‘Crystallize’ which soon became a huge success, getting more than 42 million views by the end of the year. It also became the eighth-most watched video of the year. Because of its immense success, it also became the lead single of her debut album which was released later the same year.Her self-titled debut album released in September 2012. It peaked at 79th position on the Billboard 200. It was also a success in Europe, charting in the top ten in Austria, Germany, Poland, and Switzerland. Later the album moved to No 23 on the Billboard 200.In March 2014, she released the single ‘Beyond the Veil’, from her second album ‘Shatter Me.’ The official YouTube video of the song garnered half a million views on its first day itself. The album was released a month later. It peaked at the second position on the US Billboard 200, and within its first week of release, it sold a total of 56,000 copies.Her latest album ‘Brave Enough’ was released in 2016. Like her previous works, it was also quite a success. It debuted at number 5 on the US Billboard 200.Stirling also appeared in a supporting role in a 2015 dance drama film ‘Breaking Through’.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Major Works
- ‘Lindsey Stirling’ was Stirling’s first studio album, named after herself. The album peaked at number 79 on the US Billboard 200. It was also a huge success in Europe, charting in Austria, Germany, Poland, as well as Switzerland. It was commercially successful and within a year, it sold more than 300,000 copies in the US. The album included her hit single ‘Crystalize’ along with others such as ‘Electric Daisy Violin’, ‘Song of the Caged Bird’, and ‘Stars Align.’‘Shatter Me’, her second album is also another significant work of her career. With singles such as ‘Beyond the Veil’, ‘Shatter Me’, ‘Night Vision’, ‘We are Giants’, and ‘Heist’, the album debuted at the second position on the US Billboard 200. It also charted in Canada, Austria, Germany, and Switzerland. It sold a total of 56,000 copies in its first week. Within two years, it sold around 337,000 copies in the US.Stirling played a supporting role in the 2015 dance drama film ‘Breaking Through’. Directed by John Swetnam, the movie focuses on an average girl with aspirations to become a great dancer. She uses her YouTube channel to gain popularity, only to find later that name and fame comes with a price. The movie included actors Sophia Aguiar, Robert Roldan, Jordan Rodrigues, and Julie Warner.Her third and latest studio album ‘Brave Enough’ was released in August 2016. It was also quite a success, like her previous albums, and peaked at fifth position on the US Billboard 200. It also charted in Austria, Canada, France, New Zealand, and Switzerland. It included singles such as ‘The Phoenix’, ‘Where Do We Go’, ‘Prism’, and ‘Hold My Heart’. It sold nearly 50,000 copies within its first week of release.Awards & Achievements
- Lindsey Stirling has been nominated for eighteen awards over her career so far, out of which she has won ten. Her wins include two Billboard Music Awards, both for Top Dance/Electronic Album, for her albums ‘Shatter Me’ and ‘Brave Enough’ in 2015 and 2017 respectively. In 2016, she won the Shorty Awards for Best YouTube Musician.Personal Life
- Lindsey Stirling is currently believed to be single. She earlier dated filmmaker Devin Graham.