Lili Simmons Biography
Lili Simmons is an American actress and model known for her role as ‘Rebecca Bowman’ in the ‘Cinemax’ series ‘Banshee.’ A talent agent spotted her when she was 15. Working for the ‘Ford Models,’ she appeared for such brands as ‘Roxy,’ ‘Bebe Stores,’ among others and also appeared in TV commercials. She started her acting career with a web series ‘Hollywood is Like High School with Money.’ Initially, she appeared in the role of Mia in Disney productions, including the sitcom ‘Zeke and Luther’ and the TV film ‘Geek Charming.’ Later, she gradually moved to leading or adult roles, such as ‘Rebecca’ in the series ‘Banshee’; and ‘Samantha’ in the horror film ‘Bone Tomahawk.’ Simmons also appeared in several other TV series, including, ‘Hawaii Five-0,’ ‘Ray Donovan,’ and ‘The Purge,’ among others. Her notable films appearances include ‘Fat Kid Rules the World,’ ‘Dirty Lies,’ and ‘Bad Match,’ and others.
- She was born Lili Marie Simmons on July 23, 1993, in the sea-side community of Cardiff, San Diego County, California, to Thomas Curtis and Eve Simmons. She has a mixed ancestry (Swedish, Danish, Dutch and Norwegian). She was spotted by talent manager Kate Linden.
- After getting spotted by Kate Linden, Simmons became a ‘Ford’ model and appeared for Roxy and Bebe Stores. Thereafter she appeared in various commercials, including ‘Saturn.’
- In 2010, Simmons made her acting debut with the role of ‘Quinn Whitaker’ in the web series, ‘Hollywood is Like High School with Money.’ The same year she worked in a guest role as ‘Mia’ in an episode of Disney XD’s sitcom, ‘Zeke and Luther.’
- In 2011, she played the role of ‘Lola’ in Disney Channel Original Movies TV film ‘Geek Charming.’ Simmons felt that teenage girls would easily identify with this film, which is about school girls getting apprehensive about their popularity or acceptance in the school. Late in 2011, she played a minor part in the sitcom ‘Mr. Sunshine,’ which starred Matthew Perry.
- Simmons appeared in another guest role as ‘Piper Grace’ in the 2012 ABC comedy drama ‘Jane by Design.’ In the same year she appeared as ‘Isabel’ in Matthew Lillard directed comedy drama film ‘Fat Kid Rules the World.’ She then essayed a small role in CBS period drama ‘Vegas’ (2013).
- In 2013, Simmons auditioned to play ‘Deva Hopewell’ in the ‘Cinemax’ series ‘Banshee.’ Later, she was taken for a surprise when called for the reading of the main character, ‘Rebecca Bowman.’ She was finally was chosen for the part. This role of a defiant Amish girl, which she essayed in all the 4 seasons of the series, brought her a lot of fame and recognition. Her bold scenes from the series were much in discussion. In March 2013, she appeared in the ‘Maxim’ magazine.
- Simmons appeared in a recurring role in the police procedural drama ‘Hawaii Five-0’ [2014-2017]. In HBO’s crime drama ‘True Detective’ (2014), she portrayed ‘Beth,’ while in critically acclaimed HBO series ‘WestWorld,’ she appeared in the role of ‘Clementine’ for two episodes.
- In 2015, Simmons was cast in the role of ‘Samantha O’Dwyer’ in the Western horror film ‘Bone Tomahawk.’ This was followed by other movies, including ‘Dirty Lies’ (20160, ‘Robyn Hood: I Love NY’ (20160, among others.
- Simmons appeared in the role of a movie star ‘Natalie James,’ in the 5th season of the ‘Showtime’ crime drama ‘Ray Donovan’ (2017). She played a starring role in the 2017’s thriller film ‘Bad Match.’ This film is about an online dating enthusiast ‘Harris,’ who meets ‘Riley,’ an enigmatic woman with something sinister to hide, which was essayed by Simmons.
- IN 2018, she portrayed ‘Lila Stanton’ in the horror series ‘The Purge.’
- In 2019, Simmons was seen in the role of ‘Selina Kyle / Catwoman’ in the finale of the crime drama series ‘Gotham.’
- Simmons was in a relationship with actor Tom Pelphrey. Their pictures often appeared on their social media accounts. However, there was no confirmation from any side.
- Simmons credits her mother for her career. According to her, in the initial stages of her career, she was inclined to take up all the work that came her way, to build up her resume, but her mother advised her to be patient and select the work wisely.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed