Lauren Daigle Biography
Lauren Daigle is a contemporary Christian music singer and songwriter from Louisiana. She first garnered attention with her debut studio album ‘How Can It Be’ which peaked at #1 on Billboard Top Christian Albums chart and spawned the hit singles "Trust in You", "First" and "O'Lord". She earned further success with her future album ‘Look Up Child’ which charted at #1 on Top Christian Albums chart and eventually became the highest-charting Christian studio album by a female singer in over 20 years. The album and its single "You Say" brought two Grammy Awards to Daigle. Born in Lafayette, Louisiana, she developed a passion for music as a child and constantly sang all day in her house, which was dubbed "The music box" by her mother. Daigle, however, did not take music seriously until she contracted infectious mononucleosis which kept her out of school for about two years and also gave her sufficient time to hone her skills. During this time, she began singing in a local church. She earned a degree in Child and Family Studies from Louisiana State University, but music always remained at the top on her agenda. Today, Daigle has emerged as one of the greatest performers of contemporary Christian music. Her soulful, husky voice has drawn comparisons to Adele’s.
- Lauren Daigle was born on September 9, 1991 in Lafayette, Louisiana to Laura and Mark Daigle. She has a sister named Madison and a brother named Brandon.
- She began singing as a child and sang all day long, due to which her mother called their home "The music box".
- During childhood, Daigle caught infectious mononucleosis and was forced to take a long break from school. She utilized this time to hone her musical skills.
- She later studied at a charter school and graduated early from there. She then did mission work in Brazil for a year.
- For college, she attended Louisiana State University, eventually earning a degree in Child and Family Studies.
- Lauren Daigle participated in the singing competition show ‘American Idol’ in both 2010 and 2012. However, she couldn’t make it to the finals either year.
- She made her singing debut on North Point InsideOut's album titled ‘Hear,’ where she recorded "You Alone" and "Close" live at the North Point Community Church. Soon after this, she sang the background vocals for a local band’s EP.
- In 2013, the singer signed with Centricity Music and released her debut single "Light of the World" from the album “Christmas: Joy to The World.”
- Daigle released her debut full-length studio album titled ‘How Can It Be’ on April 14, 2015, which debuted at #1 on the Billboard Christian Albums chart. The album soon achieved the Gold status and was later certified Platinum. It’s singles "How Can It Be", "First" and "Trust in You" also acquired the No. 1 spots.
- On October 21, 2016, she released the Christmas album ‘Behold: A Christmas Collection’. A month later, three singles were released: "Jingle Bells", "What Child Is This" and "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas".
- Two songs titled "O Holy Night" and "Winter Wonderland" were released in 2017 and 2018, respectively.
- Lauren Daigle released "You Say" from her third album ‘Look Up Child’ on July 13, 2018. The album was released later in September. "You Say" peaked at #1 on the Hot Christian Songs chart and won a Grammy Award in 2019.
- Her album ‘Look Up Child’ won the Grammy Award for Best Contemporary Christian Music Album and became the highest-charting album by the singer. It also became the highest-charting Christian studio album on the Billboard 200 by a female singer since 1997.
- Lauren Daigle is incredibly private when it comes to her personal life and has not shared any detail about her romantic relationships.
|2019||Best Contemporary Christian Music Album||Winner|
|2019||Best Contemporary Christian Music Performance/Song||Winner|
How To Cite
People Also Viewed