Kenny Holland Bio
Sun Sign: Taurus
Also Known As: Kenny James Holland
Born in: Phoenix, Arizona
Famous as: Singer, Actor & Social media star
Spouse/Ex-: Andrea Russet
father: Ken McCormick
mother: Kelly McCormick
U.S. State: Arizona
City: Phoenix, Arizona
Kenny James Holland is a well-known American singer, songwriter, pop-rock recording artist, musician and actor. Kenny has amassed huge popularity through his YouTube channel ‘Kenny Holland’ for his soulful rendition of covers and his melodious singing voice. In his YouTube channel, he has uploaded live- covers of hit songs like ‘Go The Distance (from Hercules)’, ‘Viva La Vida (Coldplay Cover)’, ‘Scars to Your Beautiful (Alessia Cara)’, ‘Story of My Life by One Direction (Loop Pedal A Capella)’ etc. Kenny has acted in a motion picture version of the ‘Saturday’s Warriors’ in 2016 where he played the role of Jimmy Flinders who is a musical prodigy and a rebellious teenager. This film’s story revolves around twins, Jimmy and Pam Flinders, who as souls make some promises to each other before coming as mortals on Earth. Later, Jimmy struggles with his faith, identity and relationship with his family while pursuing his musical career. Kenny’s first released album was titled ‘Heart & Keys’ in 2012 which gained him popularity as a singer.
- Kenny Holland started to perform as a musician at local high school events in his teens in Michigan. Later, he released his first solo album ‘Hearts and Keys’ in 2012 and it included an array of rock-essence teen-pop genre of music. This album received a lot of adulation from his fans who called themselves ‘Holland Nation’ mainly for the singles titled ‘So What’, ’Backseat’ and ‘One Day at a Time’ all from his ‘Hearts and Keys’ album. This album was followed by the release of another album titled ‘There’s a Way’ and an EP (Extended Play) titled ‘Whatever It Takes’ in 2014.Recommended Lists:
- Kenny also made his presence felt on Vine where he uploaded 6 seconds videos and gathered more than 1900K followers.
- Some of his popular songs that have created sensation in the world of music are ‘This Dance (2014)’, ‘Less Than Three (2013)’, ‘Give and Take (2013)’ and ‘Maybe It’s Me (2014)’. Kenny has done opening performances on sold-out tour shows with well-known artist like Ryan Beatty, Aaron Carter, The Summer Set and Demi Lovato. He also acted in a film titled ‘Jack and the Jack movie’ in 2014.
- Kenny Holland became close friends with Wesley Stromberg when they went on a ski trip with other Viners like Nash Grier in 2015. The two friends decided to make and compose music together and thus, formed the band ‘The Balcony’ in 2015. Kenny Holland and Wesley Stromberg (who is also a member of Emblem3- a reggae Pop band) have collaborated in creating many songs like ‘Fire’, ‘Blue’ and ‘Pack Your Bags’.
- In 2016, Kenny released an EP named ‘Begin Again’ with lyrical songs like ‘Matters to You’, ‘Souvenirs’ and ‘Try’ and an album ‘Hollan Days’ where he sang covers of songs like ‘Hotel California’, ‘Viva La Vida’ and ‘Ain’t No Sunshine’.
- Kenny Holland released his EP B.O.A.T.S (Based On A True Story) album and its single ‘So Long’ on 5th April, 2016. Kenny was filmed, followed around and videoed throughout his tour of December 2015 to make a B.O.A.T.S documentary on him. This documentary gives his fans an inside look of his daily life, behind the scenes drama, how certain songs were fabricated and what it’s like for him to be on tours. This EP also included songs like ‘Mummy’, ‘Lifeline’, ‘Demons’ and ‘Dreamville’ which were all written and sung by Kenny.
- Kenny also posted his musical videos in his YouTube account which increased his fan following on social media. He uploaded official music videos of his composed and sung songs like ‘Lifeline’, ‘This Dance’, ‘Souvenirs’, ‘Lifeline’, ‘Dreamville’ etc. Kenny has also uploaded official lyric videos on his YouTube account like ‘One Day At a Time’ and ‘Matter To You (starring Andrea Russet)’. He uploaded a series of mashup videos in his YouTube account like ‘Mashup of 3 songs by Kenny ft Cody Johns and Rajiv Dahl (The Chainsmokers, Rihanna and Calvin Harris)’ and ‘Sorry Mashup of Justin Bieber and One Republic ft Cody Johns and Gabriel Conte’. He has uploaded cover videos of him singing popular songs by Coldplay, Eagles, Parachute and Kelly Clarkson. There are also some uploads of him and his sisters singing together. Kenny has more than 244K subscribers in his YouTube account.
- Kenny was born on 1st May, 1995 to Kelly McCormick and Ken McCormick in Phoenix, Arizona but was brought up in Michigan. Later, he moved to Los Angeles to pursue his writing, singing and recording career. He has six sisters and is very fond of his younger sister Capri. He is dating Andrea Russet who is a YouTube star.
Kenny Holland Fans Also Viewed