Sun Sign: Libra
Born in: Madeira
Famous as: Singer
father: José Dinis Aveiro
mother: Maria Dolores dos Santos Aveiro
siblings: Cristiano Ronaldo, Elma dos Santos Aveiro, Hugo
children: José Dinis Pereira Aveiro, Rodrigo Pereira Aveiro
Katia Aveiro is a Portuguese singer, TV personality, and businesswoman. She is better known as the sister of famous Portuguese footballer Cristiano Ronaldo. She was raised in a humble, middle-class family and became a star in her own right. She has always supported her brother’s will to become one of the greatest footballers of all time. Katia has released six albums of her own that include the all-time favorites ‘Boom sem parar’ and ‘Latina de cuerpo y alma.’ She initially adopted the stage name “Ronalda” and later came to be known as “Katia.” She also became famous for competing against Abraham Garcia on the reality show ‘Supervivientes: Honduras’ and was featured in the series ‘Dança com.’ She is a fitness enthusiast and gives tips on healthy living on her blog. She married José Pereira but got divorced after having two children. She is currently believed to be single. Katia made a bid to represent her country at the ‘Eurovision’ song contest in Sweden. She has a large fan base on social media.
- Katia Aveiro was born on October 5, 1977, in Funchal, Madeira, Portugal, to Maria Dolores dos Santos and José Dinis Aveiro. Her mother was a chef, and her father worked as a municipal gardener and a part-time kit man. She grew up in a humble Catholic environment, with her two brothers and one sister. She graduated from ‘Dr. Horácio Bento de Gouveia School’ in Madeira.Her younger brother, Cristiano Ronaldo, is a famous soccer star who has captained the Portuguese national team and has played for ‘Real Madrid’ and ‘Manchester United.’ He now plays for ‘Juventus.’ Her sister, Elma, is an ‘Instagram’ star. Her elder brother, Hugo, grew up beneath the shadow of Ronaldo.Katia had a natural talent for music and frequently performed with the children in her neighborhood. She was also good at outdoor activities during her school days. Her father died of an alcohol-related liver condition at the age of 52. Her mother suffered from breast cancer but recovered later.After completing her schooling, she took up various odd jobs. She even helped her mother run a restaurant. The family helped Ronaldo pursue his dream of becoming a world-class footballer.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- Katia released her debut music album, ‘Pronta pra te amar,’ in 2005, under the stage name “La Ronalda.” As her younger brother, Ronaldo, gained fame as one of the greatest footballers of all time, she progressed to become a celebrity in her own right, with over 865 thousand followers on ‘Instagram.’After the release of her first album, she went on to release the album ‘Esperança’ in 2006. This was closely followed by her third album, ‘De corpo e alma,’ in 2007. Her music became popular in Portugal, especially with the football fraternity.Having released three successive albums in three consecutive years, Katia took a short break till she returned with the release of her album ‘Boom sem parar’ in 2013. The album was produced by RedOne, who has produced music for stars such as Lady Gaga, Enrique Iglesias, and Jennifer Lopez.Her hit number ‘Latina de Cuerpo y alma’ from her album of the same name became significantly popular in 2014. This was closely followed by the album ‘Delicia,’ which was equally popular in 2015.In 2015, she also made a bid to represent her country at the ‘Eurovision’ song contest in Sweden. Her efforts gained her a large fan base on social media. She also became a popular blogger with her tips on fitness.Of late, she has been active on social media, where she has defended Ronaldo against various rumors. She has a bright future as a music star.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Major Works
- She has released the albums ‘Pronta p’ra te amar’ (2005), ‘Esperança’ (2006), ‘De corpo e alma’ (2007), ‘Boom sem parar’ (2013), ‘Latina de cuerpo y alma’ (2014), and ‘Delicia’ (2015).Continue Reading BelowSome of her hit singles are ‘Pronta p’ra te amar’ (2005), ‘Portugal Mundial’ (2006), and ‘Boom sem parar’ (2013).Personal Life
- Katia was married to José Pereira, but the relationship soured later. She got divorced after having two children. She presently lives with her two sons, Rodrigo and José Dinis, in Lisbon.She dated Cláudio Coelho in 2013 and António Camelier from 2016 to 2017. However, she is currently believed to be single.She is close to her family and is a great fan of Ronaldo. She also stood by her elder brother, Hugo, when he went through a rough time due to alcohol and drug addiction.Katia is a fitness fanatic and maintains that a visit to the gym is a spiritual experience that purifies her soul. She loves spending time at the gym and enjoys giving tips on healthy living on her blog.She was influenced by her mother’s profession and opened a restaurant named ‘Cascatas e Girassóis’ near her hometown in Funchal in 2018. She also released a recipe book titled ‘Receitas da minha querida mãe’ with her mother in 2017.Trivia
- Katia competed against Abraham Garcia on the reality show, ‘Supervivientes: Honduras’ in 2014. She was also featured in the 2015 series of ‘Dança Com’ as ‘Estrelas.’Her birth name is Liliana Catia dos Santos Aveiro. She initially adopted the stage name “Ronalda” and later came to be known as “Katia.”Her hit number ‘Obrigada mano,’ released in 2006, was dedicated to Cristiano Ronaldo.
How To CiteArticle Title- Katia Aveiro BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/katia-aveiro-42954.phpLast Updated- November 21, 2018
People Also Viewed