Jedediah Bila Biography
Jedediah Louisa Bila is an American television and radio host, columnist, and author. She was a co-host on ABC's ‘The View’ and a former Fox News contributor. An Emmy-nominated TV host, she was also a regular panelist on shows like ‘Red Eye’ and ‘Outnumbered’. A staunch freedom-lover, Bila is anti-Clinton and anti-Trump. With her barbed commentary, this Libertarian is one of the most interesting speakers talking about politics and sex in the same sentence. Her viewers love her for expressing her honest opinions on issues ranging from politics to current affairs and from travel to sex. She considers herself lucky as she grew up surrounded by people with different political ideologies in school and at home—liberals, conservatives, and libertarians—who helped her in forming her own opinion after listening to all sides of the story. Bila likes promoting freedom and the right of people to make informed decisions for themselves about their own lives.
- Jedediah Bila was born on January 29, 1979 in Brooklyn, New York, where she attended an all-girls Catholic high school that taught her to be highly disciplined. She is of Italian heritage.
- After graduating from Wagner College with a B.A. in Spanish and a minor in Business Administration, she earned a Master of Arts from Columbia University in Spanish literature, and secured a Ph.D. fellowship from Columbia University. She also completed a Saturday program at The American Academy of Dramatic Arts in Manhattan.
- Jedediah Bila did a number of jobs over the next few years—as an adjunct professor at her former college, marketing associate at an insurance company, restaurant manager, and a few waitressing jobs. She also contemplated becoming an actress, as that was her childhood love.
- She is a former high-school academic dean and adviser, and had spent several years teaching in New York City. She taught at a private school on Manhattan's Upper East Side. She has taught middle school, high school, and college students as well.
- Despite trying her luck at different professions, she was not happy, and was looking for her ideal career. Then she remembered her writing skills; she had written for journals, and had published poetry in her college literary magazine. Hence, she got the writing wheels rolling, and realized her passion.
- She was shocked to see the biased media reports about the 2008 presidential election. She wrote a blog about a voter fraud, and immediately got a flood of mails. That inspired her to write columns online with the desire to give people honest, unbiased commentary.
- She also reviewed a talk radio host's book for the blog. Soon the radio host Mark Levin whose book she had reviewed read her writing on air, and introduced her name to millions of people on the radio show.
- Some time later, she got a call from Fox News, inviting her to talk about the news of the day on the ‘Great American Panel.’ She accepted the invitation and found her passion—and the right job! That one appearance turned her into a TV commentator, accepting invitations from Fox News, CNBC and MSNBC.
- In 2011, she published a series of journal entries into a book titled ‘Outnumbered: Chronicles of a Manhattan Conservative.’ She also became a featured speaker for the Clare Booth Luce Policy Institute, and Young America's Foundation at different colleges and institutions.
- In January 2013, she was hired on Fox News as a contributor. In April 2014, she became a panelist on the talk show ‘Outnumbered,’ a daytime news and talk show that airs on Fox News Channel, and features four female panelists along with one guest male panelist, discussing the issues of the day. She was also a co-host at ‘The Five,’ the panel talk show on Fox News, featuring a panel that discusses current stories, political issues, and more.
- Jedediah Bila was also the guest-host at ‘Red Eye,’ a late-night/early-morning satirical talk show on Fox News, which features panelists and guests discussing the latest news in politics, pop culture, entertainment, business, sports, and religion. She also co-hosts ‘Kennedy’, that features sharp eye-opening commentary on the day’s hottest issues. Her analysis of the 2016 presidential election at ‘Outnumbered,’ was appreciated.
- She did a wide array of contributor spots on politics, culture, entertainment, fashion, organic food, and other topics of interest. She also wrote columns on politics, relationships, fitness, and culture at FoxNews.com, PoilcyMic, The Daily Caller, Townhall, Verily, The Blaze, and other platforms. In August 2016, she quit Fox News.
- In September 2016, she joined ABC's ‘The View’, an American talk show that was conceived by Barbara Walters and Bill Geddie, as part of the network's daytime programming. As a permanent co-host for the show's 20th season, she shared her opinion on different issues like free markets, low taxes, and freedom to marry whomever one desires, and to refuse to buy health insurance if one desires. She departed ‘The View’ on September 18, 2017, and has been replaced by Sara Haines.
- Bila has mentioned that she has been working "insanely" hard on a book for HarperCollins that will be launched in 2018. It is reported that she has a lot of opportunities to consider now after quitting ABC.
- In 2017, Jedediah Bila was nominated for a Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Entertainment Talk Show Host, and the show ‘The View’ was nominated for Outstanding Entertainment Talk Show.
- On June 12, 2017, Jedediah Bila announced her engagement to her boyfriend Jeremy Scher. She doesn't believe in love at first sight, or beating around the bush. She loves honesty, fidelity, and superheroes with hidden vulnerability.
- She loves working out, so boxing, boot camps, long runs, lifting weights, wall climbing are all her favorites. She also loves eating healthy food.
- She also adores music, so she searches for new artists to listen to. Sarah McLachlan is her favorite, besides many others.
- On a Sunday afternoon she loves to write journal entries or fiction while listening to music. While she likes writing analytical pieces, she loves creative writing as well.
- Bila loves to travel. She likes Amherst, Massachusetts, which she first discovered with an ex-boyfriend. Small New England towns with winter cottages are her favorites. South Beach, Miami is another favorite destination, as she loves to swim. Moreover, she likes San Diego, California as it calms her mind and body.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed