H. Lawrence Culp
H. Lawrence Culp is an American businessperson, best known as the former CEO and President of ‘Danaher Corporation,’ a globally diversified conglomerate. After serving ‘Danaher Corporation’ for 24 years, Lawrence became the Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of ‘General Electric Company,’ the world-renowned American multinational conglomerate on October 1, 2018. Larry, as he is popularly called, was named in the list of ‘The Top 50 CEOs’ by ‘Harvard Business Review.’ Apart from being a successful Board of Director, he also works at ‘Harvard Business School’ as a Senior Lecturer of Business Administration. Lawrence Culp is one of the most revered names in the world of industrials. Read on to know more about his early life, career, and personal life.
- H. Lawrence Culp was born in 1964 in the United States of America. He was raised in the Washington, D.C. area. After graduating high school, Larry Culp went to ‘Washington College,’ where he was a member of ‘Phi Beta Kappa,’ America’s oldest and most elite honor society.After graduating from ‘Washington College’ with a ‘Bachelor of Arts’ degree in Economics, he went on to acquire an MBA degree from the prestigious ‘Harvard University.’Recommended Lists:
- He started his career in 1990, when he joined ‘Danaher Corporation’s’ then subsidiary ‘Veeder-Root.’ Just three years after joining the company, Larry was made the president and in 1995 he was appointed as the Group Executive and Corporate Officer. With his promotion, Larry was entrusted with the responsibility of running the company’s ‘Environmental and Electronic Test and Measurement’ platforms. Apart from managing a part of ‘Danaher,’ Larry also served as the President of ‘Fluke and Fluke Networks.’ Larry’s amazing influence on the company turned out profitable, which made him the Executive Vice President of the company in 1999. In 2001, he became the CEO and President of ‘Danaher Corporation.’In his 14 year tenure as the company’s CEO and President, Larry Culp turned ‘Danaher’ from a small heavy duty truck manufacturer into a globally diversified company. With this, he earned the reputation of turning companies’ fate around. This made him a compulsive choice for the world-renowned multinational company ‘General Electric’ (GE), which had a bad run throughout 2017.On October 1, 2018, John Flannery was replaced by Larry Culp as the new CEO and Chairman of ‘General Electric.’ With his appointment, Larry became the first independent outside director to take over ‘General Electric’ in the company’s 126-year history.Other Major Works
- Lawrence Culp has also served as one of the board members of the world-renowned British pharmaceutical company, ‘GlaxoSmithKline.’ He currently serves as the Senior Advisor at ‘Bain Capital Private Equity.’ Apart from heading multinational companies, Larry has experience of serving the board of various education institutions as well. After chairing the board of ‘The Potomac School’ in Virginia, Larry currently holds an important position in the ‘Board of Visitors and Governors’ of ‘Washington College.’ Also, he is part of the ‘Board of Trustees’ of the private Winston-Salem based research university, ‘Wake Forest.’ He also works at ‘Harvard Business School’ as a Senior Lecturer of Business Administration. As a lecturer, Larry focuses on strategy, leadership, and general management in the MBA and other executive education programs.Achievements
- Lawrence Culp is considered a veteran in the field of industrials. Over the years, he has earned a reputation of driving even struggling companies to the path of success. He is largely credited for increasing ‘Danaher Corporation’s’ revenues to $20 billion. Under his leadership, the company also saw a five-fold increase in its market capitalization which had reached a mammoth $50 billion. He was also responsible in expanding ‘Danaher’s’ international sales from 40 percent to 60 percent. He was instrumental in the evolution of the ‘Danaher Business System,’ a common operating philosophy for the entire company. In the annual ‘Institutional Investor’ surveys, Larry has been consistently ranked as one of the top CEOs. He was also named in the list of ‘The Top 50 CEOs’ by ‘Harvard Business Review.’Personal Life
- Lawrence Culp hardly talks about his personal life as he wants his family to stay out of the limelight as much as possible. He is not even active on social media, though he has a verified Twitter account, which was created on October 1, 2018. According to his Twitter page, he currently lives in Boston, Massachusetts.
How To CiteArticle Title- H. Lawrence Culp BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/h-lawrence-culp-42382.phpLast Updated- October 04, 2018
People Also Viewed