Gian Luca Passi de Preposulo Biography
Sun Sign: Scorpio
Born Country: Italy
Born in: Montebelluna, Italy
Famous as: Husband of Actress Jessica Chastain
Height: 1.75 m
Spouse/Ex-: Jessica Chastain (m. 2017)
father: Alberto Passi de Preposulo
mother: Barbara Bruni
siblings: Gaia Passi (sister)
education: IULM University of Milan
Gian Luca Passi de Preposulo is an Italian fashion executive working for the French clothing company Moncler, which specializes in high-end down jackets and sportswear. However, he is better known as the husband of Jessica Chastain, an Oscar-nominated American actress and producer, whom he married in 2017. He began his career as the director of public relations at the Italian fashion house Armani. According to a 'Vanity Fair' profile published in 2009, he was mentored by Roberta Armani, an actress and the niece of Giorgio Armani, the founder of the fashion brand. His 2009 'Vanity Fair' profile also mentioned that his job in the high fashion industry included the perks of having an incredible list of Hollywood hotshots, including George Clooney, Leonardo DiCaprio, Julia Roberts, Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, among his friends. He could often be spotted hanging out together with the A-list celebrities. While his family make their own Prosecco – Prosecco di Villa Tiepolo Passi – he separately co-founded a brand of premium Prosecco named FIOL, which was created with the goal of changing the culture surrounding Prosecco and other sparklingly wines, to make it a drink for every occasion.
- Gian Luca Passi de Preposulo has been in the high fashion field for a considerable amount of time, working for companies like Armani and Moncler, which also helped him acquire the friendship of high-profile clients of those companies from the entertainment industry. He has been spotted with the likes of George Clooney, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Tom Cruise from time to time. However, it is his relationship with Hollywood actress Jessica Chastain that exposed him to media scrutiny. Since the two began showing their affection publicly in 2013, pictures of the previously elusive couple started to grace the pages of tabloids. He gained unprecedented media attention in 2017 due to the fact that the couple got engaged earlier that year, followed by their wedding mid-year, which was capped off with an adventurous honeymoon tour to Africa.
- Gian Luca Passi de Preposulo was born on November 10, 1982, in Montebelluna, Italy, into the Italian noble family Passi de Preposulo, originally from Bergamo, Lombardy. The family's history dates back to the year 973, but they gained prominence after acquiring Tiepolo's properties in the first half of the 1800s. According to the family's website, their last name, which means peace, was acquired in 1307 when the then-count Ottopasso de Preposulo negotiated peace between two warring factions, the Guelf and Ghibelline in Bergamo.
- He later became known as Passi de Preposulo and held important positions in the city. While the Italian government no longer recognizes the honorary titles of the Italian aristocracy, the family still uses count and countess to their names, and his father, Count Alberto Passi de Preposulo, is still the owner of their massive 17th century family estate, Villa Tiepolo Passi. However, during an interview in 2009, Gian mentioned that he thinks "It’s not the title that’s important—you have to be a count inside yourself." He completed his education from IULM University of Milan. He has a sister named Gaia Passi who is a lifestyle journalist and traveler.
- Gian Luca Passi de Preposulo began dating actress Jessica Chastain, who is six years older than him, back in 2012. The couple kept a low profile for about a year, during which they maintained a long-distance relationship. In 2013, he moved to New York City to live closer to his sweetheart. The same year, during an interview with Katie Couric on 'Katie', the actress revealed that she did have a boyfriend, but he was not from the film industry, but was rather from the fashion industry. The two subsequently made their first public appearance arriving arm-in-arm at the Women in Film 6th annual Pre-Oscar Cocktail Party at Fig & Olive in Los Angeles in February 2013.
- After five years of dating, he proposed to her on Valentine's Day in 2017, following which the couple tied the knot in June 2017 during a private affair held at the Passi de Preposulo family estate, Villa Tiepolo Passi in Carbonera, Veneto. The wedding ceremony was attended by several celebrity guests including actor Anne Hathaway, Emily Blunt, Jess Weixler, and Edgar Ramirez; British 'Vogue' editor Edward Enninful; Moncler chief executive officer Remo Ruffini; Giorgio Armani’s niece Roberta Armani and socialite Bianca Brandolini d’Adda. The bride's ivory wedding gown was created by Alexander McQueen within the British fashion house. Following the wedding, the newly married couple went on an adventurous honeymoon trip in Africa, which they spent off-the-grid, away from internet, mobile and social media. They stayed at Camp Hwange inside of the largest park within Zimbabwe, the Zimbabwe Hwange National Park. From there, they visited the Okavango Delta wildlife sanctuary in Botswana.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed