Sun Sign: Cancer
Born in: Mardela Springs, Maryland, United States
Famous as: News Anchor
Spouse/Ex-: David Rubulotta (m. 2012)
children: Colby Isabelle, Nyle Thomas Burnett Rubulotta
U.S. State: Maryland
education: Williams College, St. Andrew's School
Erin Burnett is an American journalist and news anchor who is currently anchoring her own news show ‘Erin Burnett Outfront’ on CNN. She has previously worked on CNBC’s shows ‘Squawk on the Street’ and ‘Street Signs’ as a co-anchor and host, respectively. She is watched and followed by many as she has appeared on number of news shows over the years. Making occasional appearances on ‘The Celebrity Apprentice’, Burnett has served as an advisor to Donald Trump. Her reporting skills are considered to be dynamic and analytical which has set her apart from other news anchors. Burnett has hosted her show ‘Erin Burnett Outfront’ live from borders of Mali, Afghanistan, Rwanda, Israel and United Arab Emirates. Along with these, she has also reported from countries like China and Pakistan. Burnett was dubbed as ‘The International Superstar’ when she was working at NBC for her number of documentaries that were filmed outside of United States. Some of her reporting and documentaries were filmed in India, Libya, Russia, Nigeria, Jordan and other countries. She has mainly focused on reporting in Middle East countries. Along with reporting, she has also been a member of the Council on Foreign Relations.
- Erin Burnett was born on 2nd July 1976, in Mardela Springs, Maryland, USA. Her father is Kenneth King Burnett who was a corporate attorney, and her mother is Esther Margaret (nee Stewart).She attended St. Andrew’s School, and after that moved to a boarding school in Middletown, Delaware which was a private co-educational college and graduated from there in 1994,After that she also attended Williams College in Williamstown, Massachusetts, where she studied economics and political science, and graduated with a degree in political economy. In the college, she also used to play lacrosse and field hockey.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- Erin Burnett started her career as a financial analyst and worked for Goldman Sachs in the investment banking division. While she was working at Goldman Sachs, she was offered a position at CNN as a writer, and booker for CNN’s ‘Moneyline’. But she left the position to work as a vice president of Citigroup’s digital media group, CitiMedia.After her stint with CitiMedia, she joined Bloomberg Television and started working as an anchor and stocks editor. She has also served as a host of CNBC’s ‘Street Signs’ and co-anchored ‘Squawk on the Street’ with Mark Haines from 2005 to 2011.In 2010, she performed an investigation report on chemical giant Transammonia which was doing business in Iran. In her report, she presented that the owned subsidiary of Transammonia in US used to purchase ammonia from Iran.Due to her investigative journalism, Transammonia had to send press release to congressional leaders stating that Transammonia’s Swiss subsidiary would end contract with Iran and shut down the business with them ‘as soon as possible’. In 2011, her investigative report was nominated for Emmy.On May 6, 2011 Burnett left work with CNBC and joined their rival news outlet CNN on October 3, 2011. At CNN, she started hosting her own prime-time news program ‘Erin Burnett Outfront’ which is filmed at CNN’s New York City.Apart from news hosting and anchoring, she has also made appearances on ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ where she served as an advisor to Donald Trump.Burnett has worked on documentaries such as ‘City of Money & Mystery’ (2008), ‘India Rising: The New Empire’ (2008), ‘The Russian Gamble’ (2008), ‘Dollars & Danger: Africa’, ‘The Final Investment Frontier’ (2009), ‘On Assignment: Iraq’ (2010), ‘Big Money in the Middle East’ (2010).Continue Reading BelowMajor Works
- Erin Burnett’s career has mainly focused on investigative journalism which has brought many changes and development like the Transammonia case. She has hosted shows live from outside America and from the borders of Middle East countries, as well as China and Pakistan.Her work has put on many important issues and has covered the problems of people living in countries like Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Tunisia, Iran, Turkey, Israeli, United Arab Emirates, Lebanon, Yemen, Palestinian Territories and Pakistan.Awards & Achievements
- Erin Burnett won the SALDEF Excellence in Media Award at the 2012 SALDEF National Gala in Washington, DC.She has also won News & Documentary Emmy Award for Outstanding Live Courage of a Current News Story.Personal Life & Legacy
- In 2003, Erin Burnett met her husband David Rubulotta on a blind date. Rubulotta used to be a trader for Lehman Brothers and now he is a managing director for Citigroup.The couple got engaged in September 2011, and tied the knot on December 21, 2012. She gave birth to her son, Nyle Thomas Burnett Rubulotta on November 29, 2013. On July 18, 2015, her daughter Colby Isabelle was born.Trivia
- In 2009, Burnett ran into controversy when she used the term ‘serial killer’ for a report about the Australian Prime Minister, Kevin Rudd’s plan to kill Australian feral camels by aerial shooting for which he spent millions.In 2011 after Burnett joined CNN, she carried a segment on the Occupy Wall Street protests. During the show, she mocked the protestors and that was deemed to be inaccurate and attracted controversy. Later, CNN issued a statement in her favour.She has featured in the Tom Cruise movie ‘Edge of Tomorrow’ as a CNN News Anchor. It was a science-fiction movie and was released in 2014.When Burnett was a child, Amelia Earhart was her role model.Her favourite food is brownies and Israeli couscous for dinner.As a child she used to love playing piano.In 2009, it was rumoured that her topless picture appeared on the cover page of Maxim magazine. But later it was reported that the pictures were fake.
How To CiteArticle Title- Erin Burnett BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/erin-burnett-33855.phpLast Updated- September 11, 2017
People Also Viewed