Eloise Broady Biography
Sun Sign: Taurus
Also Known As: Eloise Lucille Broady, Eloise DeJoria
Born in: Houston, United States
Famous as: Actress, Model
Spouse/Ex-: John Paul DeJoria (m. 1993)
mother: Anne Broady
children: John Anthony DeJoria, Justin DeJoria, Michael DeJoria
City: Houston, Texas
U.S. State: Texas
Eloise Lucille DeJoria née Broady is an American actress, model, and the wife of haircare and alcohol mogul John Paul DeJoria. She grew up in Texas with a deep love for the outdoors, playing in the woods where she would either build a fort or pretend to be Ann Margaret. She and her friends even used to ride horses to Buffalo Bayou. Leaving this picturesque existence, she travelled to Los Angeles in pursuit of a career in modelling. Also credited as Eloise Dejoria, Eloise Schmitt, Elois DeJoria or Eloise DeJoria, she was picked as Playboy’s Playmate for April 1988. Since then, she has guest-starred in several films and TV series, been involved in multiple charities, featured on the covers of many fitness magazines, and also fulfilled the duties of a wife and mother remarkably and diligently. Eventually returning to Texas with her husband, she has built a safe haven for the entire DeJoria clan in the Lone Star State.
- In 1984, Eloise debuted on the big screen in the musical comedy ‘Songwriter’. She appeared in the episode, ‘The Second Time Around’ (1986), of the prime time television soap opera ‘Dallas’. Her portrayal of Tawny in the 1989 comedy ‘Weekend at Bernie’s’ garnered her some popularity. Since then, she has played a series of small roles in various television and film projects, including ‘The Big Tease’ (1999), ‘Friday Night Lights’ (2004), and ‘Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps’ (2010).
- In the 2014 neo-noir action crime film ‘Sin City: A Dame to Kill For’ (directed by Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller) she was cast as Joey’s (Ray Liotta) wife. Her most recent outing was in the Pierce Brosnan starrer ‘Urge’ (2016). Eloise and actress Janice Nichols co-produced ‘Fit at 40 Plus,’ a series of fitness DVDs that has become hugely successful.
- Born on May 13, 1957, in Houston, Texas, Eloise is the daughter of a lawyer father and Anne Broady, a stay-at-home mother. She was first married at 15 in 1972, but that relationship ended before the year was over. Her second marriage also ended in divorce.
- She met John Paul DeJoria on a blind date in Beverly Hills in early 1990. A self-made billionaire, DeJoria’s rags-to-riches tale is well-documented. They both came into the relationship with children of their own; Eloise had two sons, Michael and Justin Harvey, while DeJoria had two daughters, Alexis and Michaeline and a son, John Paul II. They married in Malibu, California on June 13, 1993, in a grand and beautiful ceremony. Her long-time friend Cher was present. British singer Roger Daltrey sang ‘You Are So Beautiful’ as her sons walked her down the aisle. On July 4, 1997, she gave birth to her and John Paul’s son, John Anthony. The family currently reside in Austin, Texas.
- The couple donated over $48,000 to Senator Ted Cruz’s political campaigns and more than $5,000 to that of Rick Perry’s, among others. They are known to contribute to DNC and candidates from the Democratic Party as well. Eloise is involved with social causes such as Food4Africa and Nelson Mandela’s initiative to provide food for orphaned children in Africa.
- She is a spokesmodel for her husband’s company, Paul Mitchell.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed