Ella Gross Biography
Ella Gross is an American child model, actress and social media influencer who is famous for her good looks, and her impressive modelling career at a young age. She first featured on a magazine cover when she was just a toddler, and has since worked her way up to modelling for major American and international brands like ‘Levi’s’, ‘GAP’, ‘Fendi’, and more. She has beautiful bi-racial features that are becoming more pronounced as she grows up. Her beauty captured the attention of many modelling agencies and she even signed up with one before becoming an Instagram star. Her mother manages her social media accounts and regularly posts pictures, videos and snapshots of her life on these accounts. Before she even completed the first decade of her life, she had amassed more than a million followers on Instagram. Her fame led her to signing a contract with a famous South Korean entertainment label. Besides her modelling and acting prowess, she is also a talented singer and dancer.
- Ella Gross reportedly began her modelling career at the tender age of two, when she first appeared on a magazine cover. She did modelling work for some time, but took a break from it when she was in kindergarten. Her mother set up an Instagram account in her name and started posting pictures and videos of her on the account. Her mother posted her first Instagram picture in March 2016. Her bi-racial features and innocent charm started garnering attention, and she signed up with a Los Angeles-based modelling agency, ‘LA Models Youth’. Soon, she was modelling again and was featured on promotional campaign posters for mainstream American apparel brands like ‘Levi’s’, ‘OshKosh B’gosh’, ‘GAP’, ‘Abercrombie Kids’, and many more. She has also actively promoted products of brands like ‘The North Face’ and ‘Crayola’ on her Instagram account. She has appeared on the cover of ‘Nylon China’ digital magazine and ‘Spur’ magazine. She was featured in advertising campaigns for brands like ‘Barbie’, ‘Adidas’, ‘Janie and Jack’, ‘Zara Kids’, ‘Zappos’, ‘Tommy Hilfiger’, ‘Air Fish’ and international luxury brads like ‘Fendi’.
- During the course of her work as a model, she would often meet fellow child models like Kristina Pimenova and her mother would document the photoshoot experience on Instagram. She continued to model throughout 2016 and 2017.
- In mid-2018, she announced that ‘YG Entertainment’, a South Korean entertainment company had signed her under the contract of their sub-label, ‘The Black Label’. As one of South Korea’s most prominent K-pop labels, ‘YG Entertainment’ had many hit bands, artists, actors, and other performers on its rosters. She announced her contract with the label on Instagram by means of a selfie with the artist, Jennie, who was part of ‘YG Entertainment’s’ popular K-pop girl group ‘Blackpink’. The top executives at the label were impressed with her unique combination of talents in modelling, singing, playing the guitar, acting, and dancing. They were of the opinion that she had ‘a special voice’ for singing and wanted to train her further in singing. Soon after signing up with the label at 10 years of age, she faced a lot of flak on social media, but she continued her rise to fame.
- She has amassed 3.1 million followers on her Instagram account, which is run by her mother. She has often been compared to K-pop girl group ‘Blackpink’s’ singer, Jennie, with whom she shares a striking resemblance. She has even been nicknamed ‘Little Jennie’ online. She is also said to resemble the actress, Song Hye-kyo, who was the star of hit South Korean TV series ‘Descendants of the Sun’.
- In September 2018, she made her first appearance on a Japanese TV program ‘Mezamashi TV’. In October 2018, she featured in three episodes of the ‘Paramount Network’ TV series ‘Heathers’ as the character ‘Young Betty.’She has also starred in the ‘Netflix’ movie ‘Malibu Rescue’ about aspiring junior lifeguards that was released in May 2019. She was recently seen promoting the beauty brand ‘LaMer’’s social awareness campaign on her Instagram account.
- Ella McKenzie Gross was born on January 20, 2008, to a Korean mother and American father. Her mother’s name is Wynne, but not many details about her father are available. Her father was in the U.S. Army and is often seen on her Instagram posts. She also has a younger brother, Roman. She is learning to play the guitar, is a ballet dancer and likes to sing along to her favourite tracks too. She is a voracious reader and reads both fiction and non-fiction.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed