Alanna Masterson Biography
Sun Sign: Cancer
Born in: Long Island, New York
Famous as: Actress
father: Joe Reaiche
mother: Carol Masterson
siblings: and Christopher Masterson (half-brother), Danny Masterson (half-brother), Jordan Masterson, Will Masterson
children: Marlowe Masterson
Partner: Brick Stowell
U.S. State: New Yorkers
Alanna Masterson is an American actor who is best known for her portrayal of ‘Tara Chambler’ in the series ‘The Walking Dead.’ Masterson developed a keen interest in acting since childhood, as she grew up with her elder brothers who were TV actors. Masterson appeared in many guest roles in the early days of her career. It was the role of ‘Tara Chambler’ that gave her a big break in her acting career. She is a follower of Scientology.
- Alanna Masterson was born on June 27, 1988, in Long Island, New York. Later, her family moved to Los Angeles. Her mother, Carol Masterson, is a manager. Her father, Joe Reaiche, is a former rugby player who played with Australian professional rugby teams, such as the ‘Sydney Roosters’ and the ‘South Sydney Rabbitohs.’ Masterson is of Lebanese–Irish descent.
- Masterson has an elder brother, Jordan Masterson, and two half-brothers, Danny Masterson and Christopher Masterson. As a child, Alanna Masterson saw her elder brothers starring in several popular TV programs. After spending time with her brothers on the sets, Masterson developed an interest in acting. Not much is known about her educational background.
- In 1994, Masterson played ‘Colleen Carlton’ in two episodes of the TV series ‘The Young and the Restless.’ In 2001, she made a guest appearance in ‘Definitely Maybe,’ the debut studio album of the English rock band ‘Oasis.’
- In 2006, Masterson appeared in the guest role ‘Heidi’ in the popular ‘Fox’ sitcom ‘Malcolm in the Middle.’ In 2008, she appeared in the guest role ‘Alanna’ in the ‘ABC Family’ comedy–drama series ‘Greek.’ In 2009, Masterson made another guest appearance, as ‘Zoe McCarthy,’ in the science-fiction TV series ‘Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.’ The same year, she appeared in the ‘ABC’ medical-drama ‘Grey’s Anatomy.’ In 2010, Masterson played a major role, ‘Abby,’ in the series ‘First Day.’ In 2011, she played ‘Dora Bell Hutchinson’ in the movie ‘Peach Plum Pear.’ ‘Dora’ was depicted as a simple girl with troubled relations with her father and her boyfriend.
- In 2013, Alanna Masterson bagged the career-defining role of ‘Tara Chambler’ in the fourth season of the popular ‘AMC’ horror series ‘The Walking Dead.’ ‘Tara’ is a powerful character, and Masterson’s brilliant performance got her selected for the subsequent seasons. In January 2018, the show was renewed for its ninth season.
- In 2014, Alanna Masterson played ‘Mopey Hipster Girl’ in the ‘TBS’ comedy series ‘Men at Work.’ The series featured her with her brother, Danny Masterson. She appeared as herself in five episodes of the live show ‘Talking Dead.’ The show featured discussions on the episodes of ‘The Waking Dead’ with guests and celebrity fans.
- In 2016, Masterson played the recurring character ‘Lydia’ in the mystery–drama series ‘Mistresses.’ In 2018, she played the recurring character ‘Kiara Johnson’ in the comedy–drama series ‘Younger.’
- Alanna Masterson lives with her boyfriend, Brick Stowell. The couple have a daughter, Marlowe, who was born in 2015.
- Alanna Masterson and her brothers are followers of Scientology. This has caused them to develop a strained relation with their father.
- In 2017, Masterson deleted her ‘Instagram’ account after being trolled for being overweight. She cited parenthood as the reason behind her weight issues.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed