Dylan O’Brien is an American actor who has worked in quite a few movies and television projects. Since the tender age of 14, he has been uploading several videos and short films on his YouTube channel. Inspired by his father, Dylan O’Brien wanted to initially pursue cinematography and wanted to be known for his photography skills. However, later, his interest turned towards acting and he even dropped the idea of higher education to chase his celluloid dream. Very soon many people started noticing his talent. After making a sensational debut with the MTV series ‘Teen Wolf’, he bagged several other opportunities as well. The actor is best known for his role in the science-fiction adventure series ‘The Maze Runner’. Although Dylan O’ Brien has been in the business for only a short period, he has already won several awards and has become the talk of the town. He has also made headlines for being in a relationship with actress Britt Robertson.
- Dylan O’Brien was born on 26 August 1991, in New York City, to Lisa Rhodes and Patrick O’Brien. While his mother was a known actress of her time, his father pursued the job of a camera operator. Lisa Rhodes also managed an acting school, which was a good source of income.Till the age of twelve, he lived in New Jersey after which the O’Brien family relocated to the Hermosa Beach region in California.He pursued his primary education at the ‘Mira Costa High School’, situated in California and graduated from the institution in 2009. He later wanted to pursue higher studies at the renowned ‘Syracuse University’, but dropped the idea due to his interest in acting.Dylan O’Brien started getting a lot of attention after he started posting several videos on his YouTube channel, when he was all of 14. Soon after, he was approached by a filmmaker to work on a web series.During his teens, he made several short films, which went on to receive critical acclaim. He also occasionally played drums for the band ‘Slow Kids’.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- Dylan O’ Brien’s major breakthrough came in 2010, when he bagged a role in the television series ‘Teen Wolf’, backed by the popular television channel ‘MTV’. He soon attended the auditions and got to play the character Stiles.Soon, several movie offers came knocking at his door. In 2011, Dylan O’Brien was seen in the comedy flick ‘High Road’.In 2012, his rom-com ‘The First Time’ premiered at the prestigious ‘Sundance Film Festival’. One of his co-stars in this acclaimed film was actress Britt Robertson, who he also dated for a while.Dylan O’Brien was next seen in the 2013 comedy flick ‘The Internship’. The film also starred famous actors like Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson, who are known for their great comic timing.His role in the 2014 blockbuster ‘Maze Runner’ helped Dylan O’Brien gain a lot of visibility. The screenplay was adopted from a bestseller novel of the same name. The film was a big success at the box office and the makers wanted to turn it into a franchise.He was roped in for the second instalment of this franchise too, which was titled ‘Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials’. This science-fiction thriller, which released in 2015, was liked by the critics and audiences alike and was a box office success.Dylan O’Brien was chosen to play a pivotal role in the disaster drama ‘Deep water Horizon’, which was based on a real-life tragic event. He was seen along with stalwarts like Kate Hudson, Mark Wahlberg and Kurt Russell in this movie, which released in 2016.Continue Reading BelowAccording to many sources, he would also be collaborating with the legendary actor Michael Keaton in an action thriller. This venture would apparently be produced by two film distribution firms, namely ‘CBS Films’ and ‘Lionsgate Films’.It is also believed that the actor is working on the third film of the ‘Maze Runner franchise, which would be produced by the Hollywood studio ‘20th Century Fox’.Major Works
- Dylan O’ Brien has earned a great fan following, thanks to his roles in the first two instalments of the ‘Maze Runner’ franchise. The two films have earned a whopping $660 million, making them one of the highest grossing movies of recent times.Awards & Achievements
- In his short career, Dylan O’Brien has already received several laurels. During 2013-14, Dylan shared a ‘Best Ensemble’ award and won a ‘Choice TV Villain’ award for his exceptional work in the television series ‘Teen Wolf’.He was felicitated with the ‘Breakthrough Actor’ award at the ‘Young Hollywood Awards’ ceremony, held in 2014. He was also nominated for a ‘Best New Film Actor’ award at the ‘NewNowNext Awards’ ceremony held the same year.Dylan O’Brien bagged three awards at the 2015 ‘MTV Movie Awards’. The categories he was nominated for were ‘Best Hero’, ‘Best Fight’ and ‘Best Breakthrough performance’.Dylan O’Brien took everybody by surprise at the ‘Teen Choice Awards’ ceremony held in 2016. He was given four awards for his exceptional performances in ‘Teen Wolf’, ‘Maze Runner: Scorch Trials’ and ‘Deepwater Horizon’.Personal Life & Legacy
- Dylan O’Brien was in the news for being in a relationship with well-known actress Britt Robertson. He met her while shooting for ‘The First Time’, a movie in which both of them worked together. Soon, they started dating each other and it is believed that they are still together.During the shoot of the third instalment of the ‘Maze Runner’ franchise, Dylan O’Brien hurt himself terribly. Fortunately, after several months, the actor recovered and worked on various projects.He has a sister named Julia, who’s older than him.Trivia
- He is a great Baseball fan and his favourite book is ‘Moneyball’.
How To CiteArticle Title- Dylan O’Brien BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/dylan-obrien-29848.phpLast Updated- February 10, 2017
People Also Viewed