Sun Sign: Pisces
Also Known As: Draymond Jamal Green Sr.
Born in: Saginaw, Michigan
Famous as: Basketball Star
Spouse/Ex-: Jelissa Hardy
father: Wallace Davis
mother: Mary Babers
siblings: Braylon Green, Gabby Davis, Jordan Davis, LaToya Barbers, Torrian Harris
Grouping of People: Black Baseball Players, Black Men
U.S. State: Michigan
Draymond Jamal Green Sr. is a well-known American professional basketball player. At present, he plays for the ‘Golden State Warriors’ of the ‘National Basketball Association’ (NBA). Green is known for playing at the power forward position for the NBA ‘All-Defensive Team’ even though, at a height of 6 feet 7 inches (2.01 m), he is technically considered undersized for that role. Green has been repeatedly chosen for this position as he has consistently proved his versatile defending skills to protect all five positions both as an interior and perimeter defender. Green closely studies his opponents for game preparation to boost his play. He banks on his lower-body strength to fetch rebounds, steals, and blocks. Green briefly dabbled with football at Michigan State University, before recognizing his basketball calling. He practiced with the Michigan State Spartans football team and had two plays during the 2011 Green-White spring football game. Green exhibits an emerging NBA trend of versatile frontcourt players who defend multiple positions with equal ease. Green is also good at attack. His impulsive and aggressive play often incurs penalty and technical fouls. He has had ugly run-ins with ‘Oklahoma City’ centre Steven Adams; ‘Washington Wizards’ guard Bradley Beal and ‘Cleveland Cavalier’s’ LeBron.
- Green was born to Mary Babers and Wallace Davis on March 4, 1990. Green stayed with his mother after her divorce and is said to be very close to her. He grew up in Saginaw, Michigan and attended Saginaw High School.He has two brothers: Torrian Harris and Braylon Green, and three sisters: LaToya Barbers, Jordan Davis, and Gabby Davis. Torrian Harris played basketball for Nebraska-Omaha from 2009 to 2011.His talent for basketball was discovered by the school coach, and Green kicked off his formal training after that.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- At Saginaw High School, Green was coached by Lou Dawkins. In 2006–07, he led Saginaw to the Class A State Championship and a 26–1 record.As a senior in 2007–08, his contribution to the game led the Saginaw High Trojans to a 27–1 record, a No. 4 national ranking by USA Today and a Class A State Championship for the second straight year.Following this success, Green was invited to captain the ‘Detroit Free Press’ All-State Dream Team. He was also ranked No. 36 in the ESPN 150, including the No. 13 power forward. On November 14, 2007, Green signed up to play college basketball for Michigan State.He briefly played football at Michigan State University. He practiced with the Michigan State Spartans football team and was in for two plays during the 2011 Green-White spring football game and played tight end.On March 10, 2012, Draymond passed Johnny Green as the second all-time rebounding leader at MSU, finishing the game with 1,046 career rebounds.On July 30, 2012, he signed a three-year, $2.6 million contract with the Golden State Warriors. Green was the 35th overall pick in the 2012 NBA draft by the Golden State Warriors.In his NBA debut against the Phoenix Suns on October 31, 2012, Green played one minute, made one defensive rebound and committed one foul. By November 22, Green was playing 15–20 minutes per game. Green often plays significant minutes for the Warriors as an undersized center in their Death Line-up.On December 12, Green made the winning layup with 0.9 second left in the Warriors' 97–95 win over the defending champion Miami Heat.On March 5, 2012, Green was named Big Ten Player of the Year by the coaches and media and was a unanimous first-team All-Big Ten selection.Continue Reading BelowGreen lost 20 pounds before competing in the 2013-14 season. He played in all 82 games of the season with 12 starts. He averaged 6.2 points and 5.0 rebounds per game.On July 9, 2015, Green re-signed with the Warriors to a five-year, $82 million contract.On November 28, 2015, in a game against the Sacramento Kings, Green had 13 points, 11 rebounds and 12 assists. This made him the first Warriors player with back-to-back triple-doubles since Wilt Chamberlain in 1964.In March 2016, Green became the first player in NBA history to record 1,000 points, 500 rebounds, 500 assists, 100 steals and 100 blocks in a season.Green is considered one of the frontrunners showing an emerging NBA trend of versatile frontcourt players who defend multiple positions with equal ease.Green has numerous technical fouls. His overtly emotional, brash demeanour routinely attracts penalties and is becoming a cause of concern for the Warriors. In the past, Green been penalized for assaults on Oklahoma City center Steven Adams, Wizards guard Bradley Beal and Cleveland Cavalier’s LeBron.In February 2018, NBA slapped a $50,000 fine on Green for using inappropriate and offensive language with referee Lauren Holtkamp after the Warriors’ 125-105 defeat to the Oklahoma City Thunder. His fine total is more than $150,000 in the season.As of February 2018, Green had 14 technical fouls – just two shy from a one-game disqualification.Awards & Honors
- Green won his first NBA Championship with the Warriors in 2015. He was an NBA All-Star and All-NBA Team member the following two seasons.Continue Reading BelowIn 2017, he won NBA Defensive Player of the Year and his second NBA Championship as a member of the Warriors.Green got the Big Ten Conference Sixth Man of the Year award as a sophomore at Michigan State University.He was recognized as consensus All-American and NABC National Player of the Year honors as a senior.Personal Life
- Green is married to Jelissa Hardy. The duo met at Michigan State University. Jelissa is a model. The couple has a daughter, Kyla, and a son, Draymond Jr. In the summer of 2012, Green moved into an apartment in Emeryville, California, reasoning that he prefers to stay away from a lavish lifestyle and to save money instead.On September 14, 2015, Green donated $3.1 million to Michigan State University. It is the largest individual donation by an athlete to the institution till date. Green indicated that his donation should go towards building a new athletics facility and to establish a scholarship fund.Trivia
- Green is concerned about gun control and reportedly raised the topic during his meet with former president Barrack Obama.His college nickname was ‘Dancing Bear’ and he likes to read up latest technology. TechCrunch is one of his favourite magazines.Green’s mother was a strict disciplinarian and a devout Christian and made a lasting impression on Green. Growing up, his mother didn’t allow posters of his sports idols in his room “because the Bible says you don’t idolize man”.When he was in the 9th grade, Green was caught cheating on a biology test. As punishment, his mother gave away everything he owned.In 2016, he accidentally posted a private photo on Snap Chat. Fans were shocked to see the inappropriate photo and Green later shared an explanation.
How To CiteArticle Title- Draymond Green BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/draymond-green-36222.phpLast Updated- March 15, 2018
People Also Viewed