Camilla Belle Biography
Sun Sign: Libra
Also Known As: Camilla Belle Routh
Born in: Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Famous as: American actress
father: Jack Wesley Routh
mother: Cristina Routh
U.S. State: California
City: Los Angeles
education: St. Paul's Catholic Elementary School, Marlborough School
Camilla Belle Routh is an American actress who is said to possess an angelic face that always wears a smile. She loves linguistics and speaks English and Portuguese quite fluently. She is also an aspiring classical pianist. Camilla made her film debut at a little age of 5 in ‘Trapped beneath the earth’ but her breakthrough role, which won her many accolades, was of Evolet, in the movie ’10,000 BC’. It lifted her up to stardom and hereafter, she has never looked back. Camilla has also modeled for a fragrance brand, gaining a sneak peak into her mother’s world with the fashion and modeling jobs. She has also been involved in many charities working for the betterment of living of children below poverty line thereby encountering numerous problems. As an ambitious youngster, Camilla Belle has many movies in her Kitty which are yet to release this year and the following year. In fact, a few of her yet to be released movies have already gained pre-release popularity.
- She was born to Jack Weasley Routh, a construction company owner and a country music composer and his wife Cristina, a Brazilian born fashion designer
- She was named after actress Renata Sorrah's character, Camila, on her mother’s favorite Brazilian soap opera "Cavalo de A�o”. However, most people call her by her middle name ‘Belle’.
- She was brought up in a Catholic household and attended St. Paul's Catholic Elementary School. After that she went to an All-girl’s school, Marlborough School in Los Angeles. There, she learnt classical piano as well as Portuguese.
- She made her professional debut in a newsprint commercial at the age of nine months and appeared in two TV movies at the age of five, ‘Trouble shooters: Trapped beneath the Earth’ (1993) and ‘Empty cradle’ (1993), being cast as a lead in former.
- In 1995, she did a small role in the film production of the novel ‘A little princess’. Though the film was critically acclaimed, it wasn’t a commercial success due to poor promotion by Warner Bros. In the meanwhile she took some time off to focus on her studies.
- Her other work included ‘The Patriot’ (1998), in which she played the role of Steven Seagal’s daughter. It was an action film loosely based on the novel, ‘The last Canadian’ by William C. Heine.
- In 2000, she bagged her first lead role in Rip girls, a Disney channel original movie, playing the role of Sydney, a young teenage girl who revisits her homeland Hawaii with her father which later leads her to discover a few things about her own life. She took a short break of a few years and returned with ‘The Ballad of Jack and Rose’ (2005).
- In 2012, she starred in ‘Open Road’, an American Brazilian drama film directed by Marcio Garcia. It is the story of Angie, a young Brazilian artist in a journey of self-discovery.
- In 2005, she got a lead role in ‘When a stranger calls’, which won her many accolades. It was a psychological horror film based on the urban legend ‘The babysitter and the man upstairs’
- In 2008, she appeared in Roland Emerich’s film, '10000 BC' which catapulted her to stardom. Although the film did not get good reviews yet it became successful at the box office. Meanwhile, she also modeled for Vera Wang's Princess fragrance, getting a taste of fashion world.
- In 2009, her next big release came in the form of ‘Push’ a sci-fi thriller involving a group of super-powered youths, hiding from an undercover U.S. government agency. It was received poorly by the critics but somehow managed to get an average score.
- In 2012, she acted in a short film named ‘Zero Hour’, which was about two lovers driving on the open road and the things which happen throughout the journey, challenging the relationship between the two. In the same year, she did ‘I brake for Gringos’, a comedy film still in pre-production.
- She has a few movies in her kitty which are yet to release in 2013. These include ‘Of Corset’s mine’, ‘Caveman’, ‘Bangkok love story’ and ‘Bumped’.
- In 1999, she got nominated for young artist award for her movies, ‘Walker, Texas ranger’ (1993) and ‘Practical magic’ (1998) under the best performance category of young guest actress and supporting actress.
- In 2000, she got nominated for young artist award again for her movie ‘Replacing Dad’, under supporting young actress category. In the following year, she got the same nomination for her movie, ‘Rip Girls’.
- In 2005, she got nominated for Gotham Award for her movie, ‘The Ballad of Jack and Rose’.
- In October 2008, she began dating Joe Jonas of Jonas Brothers’ fame after starring in his band’s video music song, ‘Love bug’. She called off her relationship with him due to some inevitable reasons in July, 2009.
- She has also been involved in various charities and is an international spokesperson for "Kids with a Cause", that provides a helping hand to children suffering from poverty, hunger, lack of education, neglect or abuse.
Camilla Belle Movies
1. A Little Princess (1995)
(Drama, Fantasy, Family)
2. The Chumscrubber (2005)
3. Adrift (2009)
4. The Ballad of Jack and Rose (2005)
5. The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997)
(Sci-Fi, Action, Adventure)
6. The Quiet (2005)
(Thriller, Drama, Crime)
7. Practical Magic (1998)
(Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Romance)
8. Push (2009)
(Thriller, Action, Sci-Fi)
How To Cite
People Also Viewed