Oisten J. Eide, well-known by his pseudonym Boom Jinx, is a famous Norwegian music producer, DJ and electronic dance music composer. He started to make music in 1989 by using a SoundTracker developed for the Commodore Amiga computer. In his teens he used to spend more time making music than attending his elementary school. In 1991, he was hired in the position of a freelancer by a major US game developer company to make music for them and thereafter, he decided to pursue music as his career. Boom Jinx is very much popular for his hit singles ‘Remember September’ and ‘Come Play Perfect’ for which he received brilliant reviews from URB and DJ Magazines. He also amassed a lot of admiration for his music video ‘When You Loved Me’ which released in 2013. He has received positive response and encouragement for most of his albums from reputed DJ’s like Paul Van Dyke, Above & Beyond, Tiesto, Armin van Buuren.
- Boom Jinx was born on 10th October 1974. He has kept his private life discreet from his public life and hence, not much is known about his parents, siblings or his education or whether he attended high school at all.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Album & EP Career
- After building a career in advertising, video games, TV and film industry, he started to focus more on dance music after 2005.Boom Jinx began his career with his debut album “12” remix of Tilt’s ‘New Day’ on Lost Language of 2005. He went on to release some albums / EPs like ‘Come Play Perfect’ (12’’) ( 2006), ‘Eternal Reminiscence’ ( 2008), ‘Sunrise-Boom Jinx and Oliver Smith’ ( 2009) , ‘Milano-BJ & Jaytech’, ‘To the 6/ The Remixes BJ & Jaytech’, ‘By all Means/So it goes - BJ & Andrew Bayer, Fracture-BJ & Jaytech’ ( 2010) , ‘Pieces of the Puzzle-BoomJ & Soundprank’ ( 2011) .He went on to release several albums during period 2012 to 2015 including ‘Azura-Boom Jinx and Daniel Kandi’, ‘Phoenix from the flames’, ‘When you loved me-BJ, Levi, Ashley Tomberlin’, ‘When you loved me-Remix’, ‘Please Believe Me-Boom Jinx and Judah’, ‘Blue Angel-Boom Jinx’ and ‘ProFF’. His debut album ‘No answers in Luck’ featuring vocalist Justine Suissa, Leva , Meredith Call, became very popular among his fans. All these albums were commercially successful.His genre of music is Progressive House, Progressive Trance, Progressive and Ambient. He got the biggest opportunity of his life time when he was asked to write music for two major video game franchisees ‘ Need for Speed’ and 'FIFA' and also for one the most popular TV series ‘CSI: Miami’. His music has been licensed and featured in CSI: Las Vegas. His tracks have achieved top positions in European Dance charts and have been played innumerable times on worldwide radio shows. His music touches the hearts of millions of listeners all around the world.An album under Boom Jinx productions titled ‘Manipulator’ featured as ‘hot new track’ on BBC radio One alongside Nelly Furtado’s ‘Promiscuous Girl’ .The song was also licensed to the CSI: Miami TV series. Next, Boom Jinx collaborated with Trifonic (a San Francisco based electronic act group) to compose music for Electronic Arts video game ‘Need for Speed: Shift’. Further, their music was licensed on February 2012 to ‘CSI: Las Vegas’ ( #1215), and his video single of 2013 ,”When you loved me’ was played on MTV Dance, an electronic dance and music channel operated by Viacom. His single with Meredith Call titled ‘The Dark’ reached number one position on Beatport Trans Top 100 in August 2014 (Beatport is an online music store owned by Live Style).DJ Career
- His work on dance music has been applauded by the industry and he has amassed a well-deserved reputation among his peers for his productions that portray outstanding intricate detailing and subtle but distinct touches. His rapport with his peers has helped him perform all over Europe, the US, South America, Africa and Asia sharing the stage with Andy Moore, Gareth Emery, Above & Beyond, Marcus Schulz, Gabriel & Dresden, Sander Van Doorn and others. He also went on a grand 14 city US tour in 2009 where he was the opening artist for 'Above & Beyond'. He also went on to two Indian tours in 2011 and a Russian tour in 2012 . He performed at several solo concerts in the US from 2010 to 2014. In March 2017, he performed at the Colosseum, Jakarta.He was ranked #171 on Trans DJ Worldwide category according to TopDJs.com in 2014 and #106 in Trans World wide according to the DJ List.Boom Jinx is associated with many labels like Anjunabeats, Anjunadeep, Armada Music , Enhanced Music, Distinctive Records and Intricate Records.Boom Jinx is associated with Anjunabeats and Anjunadeep labels with whom he has released many albums like Boom Jinx, featuring Key-Eternal Reminescence ( 2008), Boom Jinx & Oiliver Smith Sunrise ( 2009 ), Boom Jinx featuring Justine Suissa-Phoenix from the Flames ( 2011) and Boom Jinx & Meredith Call-Bring me back around ( 2015) and several others.Under the Anjunadeep label, he has released albums like 'Boom Jinx & Jaytech Milano' (2009 ), 'Boom Jinx & Andrew Bayer-Keyboard Cowboys' ( 2010), 'Boom Jinx & Andrew Bayer-By All Means' ( 2011) and others. All of these albums have received very positive reviews from critics as well as his fans.Personal Life
- Boom Jinx is a happily married man with two children. Currently, he resides with his family at Toronto, Canada.Net Worth
- As of July 2017, Boom Jinx’s estimated net worth is around $ 0.5 million.Trivia
- Many of his albums are frequently played on TVNorge (the national channel of Norway), TV2 and Spotify.com.He has composed for TV commercial campaigns of Toy maker Mattel (US), European Stimorol chewing gum and news jingles for NBC4 channel.
How To CiteArticle Title- Boom Jinx BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/boom-jinx-33407.phpLast Updated- August 17, 2017
People Also Viewed