Austin Swift Biography
Sun Sign: Pisces
Born in: Wyomissing, Pennsylvania, United States
Famous as: Photographer, Actor
father: Scott Kingsley Swift
mother: Andrea Gardner Swift
siblings: Taylor Swift
U.S. State: Pennsylvania
Austin Swift is younger brother of the famous country singer-songwriter, Taylor Swift. After he attended the Golden Globe and People’s Choice Awards with his sister, the media went berserk over the handsome lad. People thought he was on the same path as his sister, but he had other plans in mind. Austin was then studying at the University of Notre Dame, and worked as a freelance photographer for ‘Getty Images’.
But in 2016, he turned actor with his debut performance in Ben Affleck’s crime drama ‘Live By Night’. He has a huge fan following on his ‘Instagram’ account with around 620,000 fans following this photographer’s passion. He also has more than 227,000 followers on his ‘Twitter’ handle.
- Austin moved with his sister to Nashville back when Taylor Swift was launching her career. However, he moved with his sister for his education. While Taylor earned fame and made her family proud, Austin supported his sister’s endeavors and worked hard academically. He went on to seek admission in the ‘University of Notre Dame’. In his first year he took a transfer to Vanderbilt University but later transferred back to Notre Dame in junior year.
- During his college years, he worked as a freelancing photographer for ‘Getty Images’ and also snapped his sister for the ‘People Magazine’. He also performed in several plays such as ‘Six Characters in Search of An Author’ and ‘Dead Man’s Cell Phone’. Theatre redefined his career choice, and exposed him to the world of entertainment. Thus, in 2016 he was cast in a cameo role in Ben Affleck’s ‘Live By Night’ as Mayweather. The same year he worked in the movie ‘I.T’ alongside Pierce Brosnan as ‘Lance’. In 2017, he will be seen playing the lead role of a band member, in the mystery thriller ‘Cover Versions’.
- Austin is not only strikingly charming but also hardworking. After graduating from university, he has worked in three films within two years, and the third being a lead role. His passion for photography has driven his ‘instagram’ account to further heights. It is quite evident, that he can capture a zillion thoughts and emotions in just a frame. Thus, his talent in both acting and photography is equally placed, and he seems to be giving both his passions equal priorities. It is unimaginable, that he managed to stay away from all the limelight and dedicate his time towards his education with his sister being rated as the number one country artist of her era. But Austin stayed humble and worked his way to fame on his own strength.
- He keeps himself fit and athletic and loves sports. He is his sister’s biggest music fan, and has been mentioned in the Taylor Swift song ‘The Best Day’. He spends most of his time with his family, and he adores his sister and her cat ‘Olivia’. He possesses a competitive spirit - in a video uploaded by Taylor Swift, we see both the siblings hunting frantically for Easter eggs. He loves electronics and is fascinated with drones. Photography is his biggest hobby and he loves food too!
- He was born on March 11, 1992 in Wyomissing, Pennsylvania, United States; two years after the birth of Taylor Swift. His father, Scott Kingsley Swift, worked as a stockbroker and his mother, Andrea Swift, is a homemaker. In 2015, his mother was diagnosed with cancer and received treatment for the same. The news was devastating for Austin and Taylor Swift, as both have always idolized their mother. However, with the encouragement from his family, he launched his Hollywood career and began starring in movies in 2016. He is presently working for the film ‘Cover Versions’, which is yet to hit the box office.
- Austin hasn’t been linked to anyone. However, social media couldn’t get enough of a picture of Selena Gomez and Austin posing for a photograph at the ‘Grammy Awards’. ‘Twitter’ erupted with fans of both hoping they would get together and even tie the knot! They do make a sizzling pair, but Austin may have other plans in mind as he is focusing on establishing a career in the film industry.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed