Alisha Boe is a reputed Norwegian–Somali actress, who has performed in various Hollywood movies and TV series. She is best known for her performance in the ‘Netflix’ series ‘13 Reasons Why.’ Alisha made her debut as a child artist in a horror movie. Thereafter, she continued her journey with convincing performances in several movies and TV series. She is an outgoing and determined youngster, who is not afraid to speak her mind. Alisha is active on social media platforms such as ‘Twitter’ and ‘Instagram,’ where she has millions of followers.
- Alisha Boe was born on March 6, 1997, in Oslo, Norway. Her father is Somali, and her mother is Norwegian. Her parents divorced when she was a kid. Later, her mother married an American. Alisha moved to Los Angeles with her mother at the tender age of 7.She attended the ‘George Ellery Hale Middle School’ and the ‘Ivy Academia.’ After graduating from middle school, she attended the ‘El Camino Real High School,’ where she performed in school plays. Sensing her interest in acting, Boe’s mother enrolled her into acting classes. Soon, Boe got a break in movies and TV shows. She dropped out of high school to pursue her acting career.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- Alisha Boe made her acting debut in 2008, with the horror movie ‘Amusement,’ directed by John Simpson. In the movie, Boe played the younger version of ‘Lisa Swan.’ Boe’s first movie had her co-starring with renowned actors such as Jessica Lucas and Katheryn Winnick.In 2009, Alisha Boe played ‘Laci’ in the movie ‘He’s On My Mind,’ directed by Kazeem Molake. The same year, she played ‘Brooke’ in ‘Plastic Makes Perfect!,’ directed by Ann Finnegan. In 2012, Boe played ‘Tara’ in another horror movie, ‘Paranormal Activity 4.’ In 2017, she played ‘Violet’ in the crime thriller ‘68 Kill,’ directed by Trent Haaga. Alisha Boe has starred in five movies to date.Boe has performed in various TV shows too. In 2013, she made her TV debut as ‘Chelsea Trassen’ in an episode of the series ‘Trophy Wife.’ In 2014, Boe made a guest appearance as ‘Tracy McCoy’ in the soap opera ‘Modern Family,’ aired on ‘ABC’ network. The same year, she played ‘Brynn Hendy’ in two episodes of the thriller series ‘Extant,’ produced by Steven Spielberg. It was telecast on ‘CBS’ network.In 2015, Boe played ‘Daphne’ in the series ‘Days of Our Lives,’ telecast on ‘NBC’ network. Her character made recurring appearances in the series. Boe acted in various other TV shows such as ‘Ray Donovan,’ ‘Casual,’ ‘NCIS,’ and ‘Teen Wolf.’In 2017, Boe bagged the role of ‘Jessica Davis’ in the ‘Netflix’ series ‘13 Reasons Why.’ This role made her immensely popular with the youth of her country. The series had Katherine Langford playing the lead role and narrated the story of ‘Hannah Baker,’ a teenager who faced several demoralizing situations in life that ultimately led her to commit suicide under mysterious circumstances. The character of ‘Jessica Davis’ too was portrayed as a victim of abuse and harassment. Boe played the role convincingly and earned accolades for her performance. The show is expected to be shot for a second season in 2018.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Personal Life
- Alisha Boe has mixed ethnicity. She has both Somali and Norwegian roots. She resides in Los Angeles.Boe is currently single and is totally devoted to her acting career. She has two pet dogs, Luna and Tater Tot.Trivia
- Alisha Boe was part of ‘Project Semicolon,’ along with her ‘13 Reasons Why’ co-star Tommy Dorfman and executive producer Selena Gomez. The project had them get identical semicolon tattoos on their arms and aims to create awareness about the increase in suicide rates among the youth through semicolon tattoos, which symbolize a new beginning.Boe did some research of her own before playing ‘Jessica Davis.’ She consulted a family friend who was a rape survivor, to learn about the intricacies of a victim’s mind. This helped her connect with the emotions of the character.Alisha Boe loves to cook. She often collects recipes of vegan desserts and experiments with them. She also loves to travel.
1. Poms (2019)
(Comedy, Drama, Sport)
2. Amusement (2008)
3. Paranormal Activity 4 (2012)
How To CiteArticle Title- Alisha Boe BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/alisha-boe-36448.phpLast Updated- March 28, 2018
People Also Viewed