Alexander Dreymon Biography
Sun Sign: Aquarius
Also Known As: Alexander Doetsch
Born Country: Germany
Born in: Germany
Famous as: Actor
Notable Alumni: Drama Centre London
education: Drama Centre London
Alexander Dreymon is a German-born actor, who is best known for playing Uhtred of Bebbanburg in ‘The Last Kingdom’, a historical fiction drama TV series. He has also acted in TV series such as ‘American Horror Story: Coven’ and movies like ‘Christopher and His Kind’, ‘Blood Ransom’, and ‘Resistance’, among others. He has also appeared on stage in various theatre plays. Dreymon’s parents wanted him to pursue a career in the medical field, however, he took up acting as his calling. Growing up in different countries, he is fluent in German, French, and English. Apart from his expertise in acting, Dreymon is a trained horse-rider as well as a martial arts expert.
- After training at the Drama Centre London, Alexander Dreymon performed in various plays in London as well as Paris. He made his professional debut with ‘Ni reprise, ni échangée’, a French-Belgium TV film directed by Josée Dayan. The movie was released in September 2010.
- Afterwards, he was cast in ‘Christopher and His Kind’, a BBC TV film released in 2011. The movie is adapted from an autobiography by novelist Christopher Isherwood in which Dreymon played the character of Caspar.
- He appeared in a few other films such as ‘Sotto il vestito niente - L'ultima sfilata’, ‘Who's Watching Who’, and ‘Resistance’, before bagging the role of Luke Ramsey, in supernatural TV series ‘American Horror Story: Coven’. The season was the third installment of the ‘American Horror Story’ series. Following his role in the series, he acted in a few movies, including ‘Blood Ransom’ and ‘The Test of Time’.Later in 2015, he was cast in the role of Uhtred of Bebbanburg in ‘The Last Kingdom’. The role has earned him quite a fan base even as the television series has garnered a positive public response.
- Alexander Dreymon was born on February 7, 1983, as Alexander Doetsch, in Germany. Even though he aspired to become an actor since his childhood, his parents wanted him to take up medicine as a career. His mother was a teacher due to which Dreymon lived in different countries such as Germany, France, and the US. He studied in Paris after his mother moved to France to take care of her aunt. He has also lived in San Francisco and South Dakota. He learned horse riding while staying in South Dakota.
- After completing his education in Paris, he moved to London to train at the Drama Centre London. He trained for three years.
- Alexander Dreymon’s father did not play an active role in his life, however, the relationship between the two of them is not strained, media reports suggest.
- Alexander Dreymon is known to be currently single. Further, due to his portrayal of a homosexual character in ‘Christopher and His Kind’, speculations rose that Dreymon is gay. However, he has rubbished the claims.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed