Aaliyah Mendes Bio
Aaliyah Mendes is a former Viner, Musical.ly (now known as TikTok) star, and social media influencer. She is the younger sister of singer-songwriter Shawn Mendes. Five years her brother’s junior, Aaliyah followed his footsteps into performing on social media. She set up her Vine account in July 2013 under the username Princess Aaliyah. At the height of the app’s popularity, she had a quarter of a million followers there. After Vine closed for good, she made a successful transition to TikTok, where she has garnered more than 690 thousand fans. She is equally active on other social media platforms as well. On her YouTube channel, she has 32 thousand subscribers. She also has 649 thousand, 279 thousand, and 5.5 thousand followers on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook, respectively.
- Since the time she decided to be an active user on social media, she has stuck to a conscious decision that she had made in the beginning. She would carve out her own identity on the internet and would not post the same type of content all the time. She started on Vine, creating her account in July 2013 and growing exponentially over a short period to have hundreds of thousands of followers. In 2017, when Vine permanently shut down, she had 250 thousand followers on the app.Recommended Lists:
- After Vine, she moved to TikTok, where video clips of her lip-syncing to popular songs and film and television dialogues have gathered her over 690 thousand fans and 9.4 million followers.
- She created her YouTube channel on April 17, 2014. Despite not uploading a single video, she has 32 thousand followers on the video-sharing website!
- Aaliyah was born on September 15, 2003, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Her mother, Karen, is a real estate agent, while her father, Manuel, is a businessman who deals in bar and restaurant supplies in Toronto. Aaliyah is Portuguese from her father’s side and English from her mother’s. Like her older brother Shawn, she has a lazy eye. She is presently a high school student. Last year, her brother attended her eighth-grade graduation ceremony.
- Life has definitely changed for the Mendes family since Shawn has become an international music sensation. Not only has Shawn’s life been under the constant media scrutiny, his father, mother, and sister have suffered the same fate as well. Aaliyah has a huge following on various social media platforms and she has to be always careful about what she does online. While Aaliyah may not be completely at ease with her new-found fame, she has decided to use it for creative pursuits. Aaliyah is friends with fellow social media stars Mahogany Lox and Alyssa Shouse.
Aaliyah Mendes Fans Also Viewed