Nathan Kress is a former child actor who became famous throughout the world for acting the role of Freddie Benson in the show ‘iCarly’ which became very popular across a wide variety of audiences. He had a knack for copying people he saw on the television from a very early age. This impressed his parents who thought that he had a bright future as an actor. They encouraged Nathan to take up acting as career and appointed talent scouts for him who introduced the young actor to the world of films. The talent agents helped him to appear for auditions and very soon he started to work in various television serials. When the highly popular television serial ‘iCarly’ ended its run he moved over to films. The first film that he appeared in was released in 2014 and ultimately he became a director as well. He has a mixture of German, English, Scottish and Irish ancestry. He is very popular on social media and has huge fan following on Instagram and Twitter.
- Nathan Kress was born Nathan Karl Kress in Glendale, California, United States, on November 18, 1992 to Steven M. Kress and Allison ‘Rita’ Kress.He has two brothers named Kevin and Andrew who are not connected to the world of films and movies. .When he was three years old only he could memorize the dialogue of the various people he saw on the television and could enact the way they spoke and moved to a great degree of accuracy.This impressed his mother who took him to an audition for artistes who could enact previously memorized roles where he was signed up by a talent agent.He modeled for advertisements in the print media for the next three yearsDuring this time he appeared in a large number of commercial shows and acted in voice-over roles of which the most noteworthy are the roles of Tough Pup and Easy in the feature film ‘Babe: Pig in the City’ released in 1998.When he was six years old he took a break from his acting career and returned to his old school to continue his studies where he completed the next five years.Nathan Kress landed the lead role of Emperor in the school production ‘The Emperor’s New Clothes’ when he was eleven years old and in the fifth grade of his school.This role rekindled his dream of starting a career in acting and he requested his parents to make arrangements so that he could learn acting while being at home. A school friend got him acquainted to a talent agent who helped him attend a summer school for acting and appear in auditions for professional actors.Career
- Nathan Kress appeared on the television for the first time in a comedy sketch on the show titled ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’ in April 2005 in the role of young Simon Cowell who was a star in the series ‘American Idol’.The next year he appeared 5 times in various comedy sketches for the same show.For the next two years he appeared as a guest star in various television series such as ‘Without a Trace , ‘House MD’ ‘Standoff’ and ‘The Suite Life of Zack & Cody’ which was a comedy series shown on the ‘Disney Channel’.He also acted in various short films such as ‘Magnus’, ‘Pickled’, ‘Bag’ and ‘Inc’ during this period.He also continued to work in voice-over roles and lent his voice to characters who were seen in the animation films such as ‘Chicken Little’ and ‘Shuriken School’ of which the second one was produced by ‘Nickelodeon’.Nathan Kress appeared in a favorite family series ‘Drake & Josh’ in February 2006 in which he acted the role of a kid named Toplin attracted to a girl named Megan Parker who was Drake and Josh’s young sister.Nathan was noticed by Dan Schneider when he appeared on Dan’s ‘Drake and Josh’ show. Dan had been looking for a young actor who could act in a similar role in his production ‘iCarly’. Impressed by his acting talent, Dan called Nathan for an audition and cast him in the role of Freddie Benson in the show.The show was broadcast for the first time by ‘Nickelodeon’ on September 8, 2007 in which Nathan played the role opposite Jennette McCurdy who played the role of Samantha “Sam Picket and Miranda Cosgrove who played the role of Carly Shay, the main character of the show.Nathan has also appeared as Roland along with Christopher Meloni playing the role of Dave Stewie in the movie ‘Gym Teacher: The Movie’ produced for the television by ‘Nickelodeon’ in 2008.The same year he appeared as Freddie Benson in a movie titled ‘iCarly: iGo to Japan’ which had been adapted for the television from the ‘iCarly’ series.Throughout 2009 Nathan was occupied with work for the ‘iCarly’ series only as ‘Nickelodeon was trying to make up for time they had lost due to writers going on strike for some time. He was unable to work on any other project during this time.He appeared as a guest artiste in the fifteenth episode called ‘Neverland’ of the season 10 television series ‘CSI: Crime Scene Investigation’ in March 2010 in the role of a youngster named Mason Ward.He appeared in the role of ‘Prince Gabriel’ in the comedy series ‘True Jackson, VP’ in the same year and also lent his voice for the character Roland in the animation series ‘The Penguins of Madagascar’.He went on appearing in the role of Freddie Benson in fourth season of ‘iCarly’ throughout 2011 and he at the same time was getting ready to start filming for the fifth season of ‘iCarly’ with Jennette McCurdy and Miranda Cosgrove.He appeared as a co-star in ‘Into the Storm’ in 2014 which was his first appearance in a major film.The same year he appeared in an important role in a web show titled ‘Video Game High School’.During recent times he has appeared in a movie titled ‘Game of Your Life’ being produced by NBC which is about college students designing video games.Nathan Kress tried his hand in film direction for the first time in 2015 by directing the film ‘Henry Danger’.Awards & Achievements
- Nathan Kress won the ‘168 Film Festival Jury Award’ for the short film ‘Bag’ in which he played the role of a drug dealer who was a small time operator in comparison to others but who had a conscience.Personal Life & Legacy
- Nathan Kress got engaged to his girlfriend, London Elise Moore on May 29, 2015, who was also a stunt performer in the film ‘Into the Storm’. He married her in Los Angeles on November 15, 2015.He is planning to continue with his acting career as well as getting ready to attend college. His first choice is UCLA as he is a diehard fan of Bruin and wants to follow in his footsteps.He is involved in charitable work and is involved with many organizations such as ‘Make-A-Wish Foundation’, ‘The big Green Help’ and ‘The Starlight Children’s Foundation’.He travelled to Lithuania with the missionary organization ‘Youth With A Mission’ or YWAM in 2003 and donated money for building houses for poor people.Trivia
- Nathan Kress’ fans were very upset when he married London Elise Moore instead of Jennette McCurdy or Miranda Cosgrove.
How To CiteArticle Title- Nathan Kress BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURLLast Updated- February 24, 2017
People Also ViewedAlso Listed In