Ximena Navarrete Biography
Sun Sign: Pisces
Also Known As: Jimena Ximena Navarrete Rosete
Born in: Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
Famous as: Model, Actress
Spouse/Ex-: Juan Carlos Valladares (m. 2017)
father: Carlos Navarrete
mother: Gabriela Rosete Riestra
City: Guadalajara, Mexico
Jimena Navarrete Rosete is a Mexican beauty queen, model and actress who came to limelight after winning the Miss Universe 2010. Born in a middle-class family of two children, this ravishing Latina started her modelling pursuits early at the age of sixteen. She first earned the crown of ‘Nuestra Belleza Jalisco’ in her hometown Guadalajara in 2009 and then took part in the national beauty pageant of Mexico, ‘Nuestra Belleza México’ where she emerged the winner. The following year, she won the Miss Universe beauty pageant that brought her immense fame, popularity and media attention. She became the second Mexican beauty after Lupita Jones to win the prestigious pageant. Her tenure as Miss Universe saw her travelling around the world with different engagements. The pageant win paved her way for several opportunities and over the years, she has remained associated with the world of glamour and entertainment as an actress, TV presenter and model. She has featured in TV programs like ‘La tempestad’, and ‘108 Costuras’; presented several events including Nuestra Belleza México 2012 and Latin Grammy Awards of 2013 among others; and featured as one of the judges at Miss Universe 2012 . She also became spokesperson of ‘Old Navy’ and ‘L'Oreal Paris’.
- Jimena Navarrete Rosete was born on February 22, 1988, in Guadalajara, the capital and largest city of Jalisco in Mexico in a middle-class family of Carlos Navarrete and Rosete Riestra as their eldest child among two children.
- Her father is by profession a dentist while her mother is a housewife. She was raised in Guadalajara with her younger sister, Mariana.
- Before participating at the world beauty pageant, she attended the Valle de Atemajac University located in Zapopan, Mexico to study nutrition.
- Ximena stepped into the world of modelling in her hometown when she was just sixteen years of age.
- In 2009, she participated in the beauty pageant, ‘Nuestra Belleza Jalisco’ which selects the beauty queen of the state to represent it for the national beauty pageant in Mexico, ‘Nuestra Belleza México’. The pageant was locally coordinated by Lorena Vila. Held in Guadalajara on July 16, 2009, Ximena made her hometown proud by winning the ‘Nuestra Belleza Jalisco’ title.
- The state title win led her to contest for the national title of ‘Nuestra Belleza México’ that year. The 16th edition of the beauty pageant that took place on September 20, 2009 at the Centro de Convenciones Yucatán Siglo XXI of Mérida, Yucatán, Mexico, had 34 entrants eying for the title.
- The pageant that was broadcast by Televisa saw the gorgeous Ximena leaving behind 33 other contestants to win the title and with this she created history for Jalisco that boasted of producing two back-to-back Nuestra Belleza México winners from the state, the other state representative being the outgoing titleholder Karla Carrillo. Jalisco became the second state after Nuevo Leon to achieve such feat
- Among the other special awards given away during the 16th annual Nuestra Belleza México pageant, she also won the Academic Award and the Fuller Beauty Queen award.
- Following her national title win she geared up for the big event - Miss Universe 2010. A total of 83 contestants including Ximena representing their respective nations participated in the 59th edition of the Miss Universe pageant that took place on August 23, 2010 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center located in Las Vegas, Nevada in the US.
- The event that was broadcast by NBC and Telemund saw Ximena being crowned as Miss Universe 2010 by her predecessor Stefanía Fernández of Venezuela. With this she became the second Mexican beauty to win the title; the first being Lupita Jones, who won the title almost two decades back in 1991.
- During her tenure as Miss Universe 2010, she remained engaged with several activities that saw her travelling different countries including China, Russia, India, Spain, Brazil, Guatemela, Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Panama, Chile, Dominican Republic, Indonesia, Thailand, France and her own home country Mexico.
- The first official photo shoots of this Latina as Miss Universe 2010 happened in Mexico. She went to China in October 2010 to attend the Shanghai Fashion Week as also the Expo 2010 Shanghai China. She remained Top Ten List Presenter of the American late-night talk show ‘Late Show with David Letterman’ in 2010.
- American clothing retail company ‘Old Navy’ and French cosmetics company ‘L'Oreal Paris’ made her their spokesperson on February 10, 2011. The following month she attended the national final of Russia held in Moscow and that of Dominican Republic held in Santo Domingo.
- She worked to spread awareness about AIDS in Panama and also travelled to Bangkok Thailand to attend the Thai national final held on March 26, 2011. She then went to her hometown in May 2011 to raise awareness for the US based philanthropic organisation ‘Children International’.
- Thereafter in July 2011, she travelled to Chile where she attended the Chilean national final held at Santiago. On 16th of that month she went to the Atlantis Paradise Island in The Bahamas to help in crowning Miss Teen USA.
- Over the years, she remained Presenter of several awards and events including Latin Grammy Awards of 2010, América celebra a Chespiritoin 2012, Nuestra Belleza México 2012, Premios TVyNovelas in 2012, Latin Grammy Awards of 2013 and Nuestra Belleza México 2014.
- She made a special appearance as herself in TV programs ‘Décadas’ in 2010 and ‘Jalisco... Algo contigo’ in 2015; and remained one of the judges of Miss Universe 2012.
- She attended ‘Asian Academy of Film & Television’, a film and TV institute based in Noida, India.
- She made her debut in acting in 2013 with the Mexican telenovela ‘La tempestad’ where she starred opposite William Levy. She essayed the dual roles of twins, Marina Reverte Artigas and Magdalena Reverte Artigas two of the lead protagonists of the series.
- In 2015, she played the lead role of Gaby in the telenovela ‘108 Costuras’.
- Ximena Navarrete tied the nuptial knot with Mexican businessman, Juan Carlos Valladares, in April 2017.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed